Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*

Go down 
+49
Joliezac
Stripedhyena
NandO
Jill
sunny
George
rogerpgvg
Rakel
Birdsage
Mitsukuni
Duck-Anch-Amun
endogenylove
Wallace98
Bonnie
Tiermann
spacelab
RtasVadumee
Steve170
A.R.Garcia
Taos
bmathison1972
widukind
jarda
Bloodrayne
Pardofelis
pipsxlch
Caracal
Jolly Reaper
Wilorvise
Megaptera
costicuba
landrover
WhiteLightning Wolf
pm64
SUSANNE
NightLioness
sbell
lucky luke
Kikimalou
Dum_my
75senta75
Tylosaurus
Tarunyada
scot(t)
Ana
JamesPanda
barracudacat
Anne from Norway
Roger
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2019 3:55 am

Yes, the large hyacinth macaw is AAA. I think they did a few versions too. They made red (scarlet?) and a blue and gold versions of it as well.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2019 1:01 pm

Great new additions. Congratulations on the Lusitano and antelope. The roan antelope were among my most wanted models until I found them in 2016. They make a really nice pair. The Bullyland hares(?) and roebuck look good in your picture. The Papo hedgehog looks as good or better than the catalog image. That's definitely one to consider (the new dove and kingfisher, too). The little badger has a delightful pose. What is the rodent on the far left of this third image?

All of these new Safari toobs are exciting, the primates perhaps the most. The pelagic fish group has a couple less interesting, but some high quality new ones.

I don't think I've mentioned, that your species group photos and these additions photos complement each other nicely. They're both enjoyable and useful for different kinds of comparisons, so thanks for posting them!

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2019 3:40 pm

The couple of rodents on the far left are a beaver kit (AAA or ELC I forget right now), a mole (ELC) and hedgehog (ELC). Thanks for your comments! The lusitano and antelope are really great figures. I love the old Schleich and Bullylands, their charm is too much for me. The dove is a little odd looking in the beak and plant region, I'll try to post pics tomorrow, but the kingfisher is really good!

Safaris toobs are great. My lemur has a bit of trouble standing itself, the pelagic fish has a few new shark species but I mostly got it for the fish in the toob. The dolphins are nice because they are larger figures and lots of new species.

And thank you most for your compliments on my photos. Originally it was just to save time loading them (since I usually get big batches of figures) but many people have said my little groups help them decide on buying figures based on size or quality, so I'm happy to help. I'm glad the photos can help you with whatever comparisons or info you need! Thanks again!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 12 EmptySun Nov 17, 2019 9:23 am

Some more new figures! I finally got a pristine set of schleich angus cattle since the ones from my childhood were very well loved and have the scars to prove it. I also found a long awaited model, the safari ltd bighorn ram!!! These mountain sheep are so neglected in toy form, and I desperately needed this model. I finally found one! And it was reasonably priced to boot. I also grabbed a mojo fun Sasquatch and Papo pelican, alongside some breyer stablemates.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 12 EmptySun Nov 17, 2019 8:21 pm

Congratulations

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 12 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2019 6:40 pm

Thank you Andreas. :)

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2019 12:46 am

Oooo I really want that Safari bighorn sheep, but it is hard to find nowadays. I've checked eBay periodically with no luck. I recently replaced that same pelican with the Schleich one with the wings and beak open!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2019 7:16 am

Safari bighorn was one of my first Safari figures. I found it locally in a set with the old red fox and the grizzly bear with salmon. I bought the set because of the bighorn, I was not even collecting foxes and the bear found a new owner. I had no idea I was getting something as rare as it is in our days. I also can't find Safari here for a very long time. Sad It is always important to know what Safari is discontinuing once their figures turn easily extremely hard to find. Old Schleich, for instance, are not so hard to find, they are often hard to pay. Laughing Safari is re-releasing some figures as they did with the WS aardvark and IC pangolin, who knows they will re-release the bighorn.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 9:44 am

Nice models,love the Breyers Stablemates! Smile

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 12:04 pm

Thank you Blaine, Roger, and Taylor!

I have searched for that ram since I joined this forum in 2009. I have never seen it until this one popped up, and he was so cheap too! (Note: I'm not exactly an avid ebay shopper though). I love this model dearly, I wish more companies would look at bighorn species for their toy lines.

The breyers are great! A little generic spotted pony and a mustang are what these were called on their packaging.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 12 EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 11:42 am

Ok, here are my new additions! (Finally got around to it after the holidays) Christmas got a little prehistoric. The large dinosaurs were gifted to me and the little guys I bought as a christmas advent calendar once they went on sale. The baby t rex was worth it!

These are two toobs that were gifted to me, ones I've admired for a while and just never got around to buying myself. (Very hard to photograph but hopefully this one works) deep sea creatures and venomous creatures toobs.

And last but certainly not least!!! Some thrift store finds (k&m frog/toad, new ray deer, tree house kids lab, schleich shibas I got for christmas also, as I did the fun golden donkey foal). But most excitingly, I found the safari Ltd leafy sea dragon! I remember being a kid and walking through the Oregon Coast Aquarium and seeing a tank full of these and over 15 years later I am still enchanted by them. I had to get this guy after he was posted for forever and then the price came down 10$. AAANNNNDDD he had a friend come with him I didnt realize was part of the deal! I bought my weedy dragon years ago, but as this older one has a slightly different paint job I'm just going to have twins. I was so excited to get these two in the mail.

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 12 EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 3:08 pm

Congratulations! Isn't the leafy sea dragon great? After looking for a year or so, I was gifted mine- the lady who runs another type of collectible I own saw I was looking for one, and gifted me hers. Shocked I love you
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 12 EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 3:20 pm

I LOVE it. Its such a great model. How you got yours is a great story, what a generous lady!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 12 EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 8:15 pm

Phantastic additions again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 5:44 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Ok, here are my new additions! (Finally got around to it after the holidays) Christmas got a little prehistoric. The large dinosaurs were gifted to me and the little guys I bought as a christmas advent calendar once they went on sale. The baby t rex was worth it!

These are two toobs that were gifted to me, ones I've admired for a while and just never got around to buying myself. (Very hard to photograph but hopefully this one works) deep sea creatures and venomous creatures toobs.

And last but certainly not least!!! Some thrift store finds (k&m frog/toad, new ray deer, tree house kids lab, schleich shibas I got for christmas also, as I did the fun golden donkey foal). But most excitingly, I found the safari Ltd leafy sea dragon! I remember being a kid and walking through the Oregon Coast Aquarium and seeing a tank full of these and over 15 years later I am still enchanted by them. I had to get this guy after he was posted for forever and then the price came down 10$. AAANNNNDDD he had a friend come with him I didnt realize was part of the deal! I bought my weedy dragon years ago, but as this older one has a slightly different paint job I'm just going to have twins. I was so excited to get these two in the mail.

Wonderful models. I'm also interested in the Safari Toobs. They look very good. Applause
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 6:21 am

I still want the ray and sea snake from the Venomous Creatures TOOB (I have the arthropods and the toad). There are a few flaws among the Deep Sea TOOB figures (teeth on the gulper eel, missing pair of legs on the isopod...)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 9:38 am

Thank you Andreas, Megaptera, and Blaine!

Back to top Go down
Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 1:46 pm

These sea dragons are fascinating! You have a great collection.

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 2:10 pm

Thank you! They are lovely models, but extremely hard to find!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 12 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 10:46 am

One day I will regret not getting the sea dragons when they were not so hard to find. Those are very special figures and incredibly educative.
I enjoy the New-Ray elk and moose, I know the quality finish is not the best but the sculpts are really good.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 5:44 am

I like new rays overall, paint jobs aren't so great usually but the model itself is usually quite good. I cant say enough about the sea dragons, they are just splendid and I like them so much.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 7:23 am

I've had a very profitable past few days at thrift stores!
First up I bought these from actual stores at retail price. I finally found the mojo fun orca right when Hobby Lobby got in a shipment (these figures are always really scuffed from kids playing with them, this one is pristine). Got the fallow deer set of new ray after Christmas. And lastly, I ordered a few safaris (the cambrian toob is to expand my other prehistorics eras, and some new 2020 figures). Didnt get the wolf as I heard of some order fulfillment issues but its next on my list for sure. The weird shark in the back... a few months ago when I ordered my tibetan fox and pallas cat, the seller sent me the wrong item aka this megalodon and then they resent the models I ordered. They told me to keep the shark. I've been undecided on keeping it or not so it's been sitting in my room while I pondered it... for now its gonna stay (even though its level of uncomfortable realism isnt quite my taste).

My thrift store gems! Lots of brands here, safari, new ray, wild republic, k&m, toy major etc.

And lastly, some breyer stablemate finds and my small collection of miniwhinnies.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 7:41 am

So many beautieful newcomers :)

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 1:15 pm

Love the snail! The dark bay Miniwhinnie on the far left, second from bottom, above the dapple grey (dapple green?)... I'll have to look for that one, for my mother's Arab collection. I have some of my daughter's old Miniwhinnies, but I don't remember ever seeing that one. She'd like the Stablemate donkey too.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 1:21 pm

Thank you Widukind and Pipsxlch!

That is a green dapple (some sort of special edition for the set?). If I ever come across another of the dark bay I'll let you know! That's one of my favorites from these new ones. I had a bunch of these as a kid and I was very careful not to lose them... then at some point my mom gave them to one of my nieces and they were lost quickly... being so small they aren't super accurate but I just love their mini sized charm.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Collections-
Jump to: