Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*

Go down 
+49
Joliezac
Stripedhyena
NandO
Jill
sunny
George
rogerpgvg
Rakel
Birdsage
Mitsukuni
Duck-Anch-Amun
endogenylove
Wallace98
Bonnie
Tiermann
spacelab
RtasVadumee
Steve170
A.R.Garcia
Taos
bmathison1972
widukind
jarda
Bloodrayne
Pardofelis
pipsxlch
Caracal
Jolly Reaper
Wilorvise
Megaptera
costicuba
landrover
WhiteLightning Wolf
pm64
SUSANNE
NightLioness
sbell
lucky luke
Kikimalou
Dum_my
75senta75
Tylosaurus
Tarunyada
scot(t)
Ana
JamesPanda
barracudacat
Anne from Norway
Roger
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 40 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 1:25 pm

Congrats for your newcomers, especially the Playvisions Very Happy I´m still missing the PV Long-toed Salamander and Longtailed Salamander, but such finds give me hope to complete my searchlist, too :) The Wing Mau are beautiful, too. I have some of there snakes and lizards, however there are so many colour variations, that we can more species to our collection ^^
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 40 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 3:34 pm

Very beautiful lezards and salamanders collection! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 40 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 6:03 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thank you very much for this! It's both a very useful and beautiful photo. Great to see many of the Stablemate companions together with the horses. Scalewise, Blueberry wine is probably best. Are there any other small Collectibulls? Do you kmow what breed these bulls are? Very useful to see the wolf too.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 40 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 8:45 pm

Thank you everyone! 

Roger, the bulls are generally mixed breed (in real life). The only thing bred for is athleticism. Most bulls have brahma, angus, longhorn, etc. in them. I would say that blueberry wine is really the only "small" bull from the collection. But the claytons pet/loco louie mould and hotel california are smaller bodied than the others (more of a "medium"). Glad to help!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 40 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 11:20 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Thank you everyone! 

Roger, the bulls are generally mixed breed (in real life). The only thing bred for is athleticism. Most bulls have brahma, angus, longhorn, etc. in them. I would say that blueberry wine is really the only "small" bull from the collection. But the claytons pet/loco louie mould and hotel california are smaller bodied than the others (more of a "medium"). Glad to help!

Paige, do you know if Hotel California is named after the Eagles song?

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 40 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 11:26 pm

BIG congratulation Paige, the snakes and lizards are very nice and the last batch is just... so cruel for poor macaques paleaffraid heartattack I love you my favorite PV set... which I don't have any Crying or Very sad It's a fantastic unpredictable catch Applausecheerssunny
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 40 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 11:54 pm

Wow the snakes, lizards, and salamanders are fantastic. I love you Huge congrats on the Playvisions salamander set!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 40 EmptySat Jan 08, 2022 1:57 am

Thanks my friends!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], yes! That is my dad's favorite band so I grew up on their music. Thats why I *died* when I finally found one for sale and fairly reasonable. Wink

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 40 EmptySat Jan 08, 2022 3:14 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Thanks my friends!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], yes! That is my dad's favorite band so I grew up on their music. Thats why I *died* when I finally found one for sale and fairly reasonable. Wink

Yes, a classic rock song with an iconic solo, I recomend you to listen to this (electric) piano cover by the fabulous Gamazda - she can put several layers in each rendition and her talent to turn classic rock songs into piano pieces is amazing.
I enjoy when parents can transmit the appreciation for these older bands to their kids. Usually it is not easy to break some generation borders when music is the subject.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 40 EmptySat Jan 08, 2022 6:11 pm

Great additions again!!!!!

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 40 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2022 4:26 am

Thank you Taylor! 

I have had a good last few thrift hunts and decided what to spend my Christmas ebay gift card on. 

The Papo and Mojos were my gift card purchases. Although I REALLY disagree with the current quadripedal assessment of this species, I cannot deny what a beautiful piece of work this model is. The Mojo thoroughbred too, done by our splendid Ana, and even better is that it looks exactly like a horse I use all the time in a video game I really enjoy playing. The labs are handsome, the coral snake is cute as well though they don't lift their heads quite like that, and the proboscis monkey was long overdue!

All the 4D Famemaster models were lucky ebay snags that made my day. I will spare you my attachment to those specific models but the nautilus and constrictor especially were long time wishes. The Nayabs came in a local lot actually, really surprising as for me to buy them online I can only find them from a spanish ebay seller and not for cheap! Happy to get a few from that brand. Found a few old Safari's on ebay as well, including a replacement for the dark phase arab foal I traded when I first joined the forum thinking I would be a "Schleich Only" collector (My, how have times changed!). A huge Komodo I plan on repainting and using for a Megalania and an old vintage cynognathus model at thrift. Lastly, a ceramic coral ornament I snagged to repaint as well, and a few other odds and ends models I happened across.

Any idea what species could be ascribed to the gecko, nayab tortoise, and the Famemaster puzzle cobra (one ring on hood), tortoise (a Galapogos species obviously), and the caiman/constrictor models?

P.S. that nautilus was the hardest puzzle I have done so far! A bit of a challenge... but a great model in the end!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 40 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2022 9:18 am

Could it be that the thrift stores in your neighborhood are full of treasures?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 40 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2022 4:30 pm

Actually I find the quadrupedal stance more plausible and everything looks more natural to me. However, I don't have enough scientific knowledge to debate it, just a conviction.
We are all quadrupedal , we all start like that before finding we can walk on two legs, we can also walk or leap using a single one, it is just not confortable. Laughing
Will you provide closer pictures of those you need identification?

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 40 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2022 4:37 pm

the constrictor must be one of the anacondas, if it's taking down an adult caiman. The paint looks most similar to the yellow anaconda, Eunectes notaeus.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 40 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2022 7:29 pm

Thank you Andreas, Roger, and Blaine!

Here are a few better shots of the Famemaster models I am unsure of the ID on. They need added to TAW too but I was waiting for IDs first. Wink

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 40 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2022 7:56 pm

Roger wrote:
Actually I find the quadrupedal stance more plausible and everything looks more natural to me. However, I don't have enough scientific knowledge to debate it, just a conviction.

I am not a paleomtologist so these are simply the ramblings of a fan, but I do read all the scientific articles on this species and from what I understand they don't have enough of the skeleton to properly estimate its locomotion. Not enough if the shoulder and pelvic girdles let alone the actual limbs have been found to say this is how it walked. The only convincing piece of evidence for me is the recently reconstructed paddle like tail but that merely speaks to an aquatic lifestyle not necessarily a crocodilian style body plan... but again that's just me! I just hope that there will be more discoveries of this amazing and cryptic dinosaur species in the near future!

-------

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 40 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40