Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*

Go down 
+49
Joliezac
Stripedhyena
NandO
Jill
sunny
George
rogerpgvg
Rakel
Birdsage
Mitsukuni
Duck-Anch-Amun
endogenylove
Wallace98
Bonnie
Tiermann
spacelab
RtasVadumee
Steve170
A.R.Garcia
Taos
bmathison1972
widukind
jarda
Bloodrayne
Pardofelis
pipsxlch
Caracal
Jolly Reaper
Wilorvise
Megaptera
costicuba
landrover
WhiteLightning Wolf
pm64
SUSANNE
NightLioness
sbell
lucky luke
Kikimalou
Dum_my
75senta75
Tylosaurus
Tarunyada
scot(t)
Ana
JamesPanda
barracudacat
Anne from Norway
Roger
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 38 EmptyMon Dec 13, 2021 5:14 am

Love the livyatan, and the bass. Are those ceramic models?
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 38 EmptyMon Dec 13, 2021 5:24 am

Thanks Jolie, Fernando, and Kelly! The Royal Darwin are solid plastic, really nice weight in hand. I quite like them but the species overall are pretty meh... and no wolf.  Crying or Very sad Would have been more successful as a collectible if they did some more obscure species (marten maybe, or perhaps a muskellunge etc.).

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 38 EmptyMon Dec 13, 2021 8:17 am

Very interesting. What material are the Royal Darwin figures?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 38 EmptyMon Dec 13, 2021 11:45 am

Great additions-love the elk and the cardinal. cheers

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 38 EmptyMon Dec 13, 2021 11:59 am

Lovely models, I had never heard of Royal Darwin but those figures are really interesting, and look well made too! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 38 EmptyMon Dec 13, 2021 2:41 pm

Actually Royal Darwin is more closely related with CollectA and Mojö Fun that what we could expect. Laughing
Their figures are not toys, decorative collectibles like Franklin Mint but made of plastic. A weird concept that puts those figures between two collecting universes.
they made a beautiful series of North American wildlife, I think Sandor hasn't gotten the bears yet.
I am glad you're acquiring a few of them. Also, please provide a picture of the flamingo for TAW when you have the chance. Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 38 EmptyMon Dec 13, 2021 6:59 pm

Roger wrote:
Actually Royal Darwin is more closely related with CollectA and Mojö Fun that what we could expect. Laughing
Their figures are not toys, decorative collectibles like Franklin Mint but made of plastic. A weird concept that puts those figures between two collecting universes.
they made a beautiful series of North American wildlife, I think Sandor hasn't gotten the bears yet.
I am glad you're acquiring a few of them. Also, please provide a picture of the flamingo for TAW when you have the chance. Very Happy

Thank you. Plastic sounds good

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 38 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 4:14 am

Thank you everyone! 

Found a great windfall at a thrift shop... found a ton of models to trade, customize, and add to my own collection.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Mojo smilodon was found at HL. The Safari minis were found at my favorite toy store, and the Funrise turkeys were an ebay discovery with the help of my good friend Jarda. :)

The rest were thrift! Several great brands and unknown maker models. If anyone has any info I would appreciate it!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 38 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 6:25 am

Lovely finds! The owl at the bottom next to the rooster is very nice.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 38 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 7:12 am

Very cool catches. What brand is the little water buffalo?

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 38 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 10:29 am

What an amazing haul from one place, one of the joys of collecting is falling upon a treasure trove of models like this! cheers I love that little kiwi and the selection of dogs is wonderful! Very Happy Those two hood hounds look really well made, I love the way these models always show the wrinkles/ muscles of their breeds so well! And that little vintage Greyhound/ Borzoi is very sweet! sunny But what really caught my eye is that greyhound type dog, I don't think I've ever seen it before and it looks beautifully made, and such a playful pose! Very Happy Are there any brand markings on him? Am guessing the material is plastic? study
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 38 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 12:41 pm

So nice that you've found the Funrise turkeys. I really like that water buffalo. :)

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 38 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 3:05 pm

A fantastic varied batch! I think the caribou and orca are my favourites, along with the Breyer highland pony, of course.
Could you tell me, what's the animal with the white band round the middle, just to the left of the three blue frogs? It's bugging me that I just can't place the species! Laughing

Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 38 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 5:29 pm

Superb finds!!The dogs are all really nice and such a variety.The little water buffalo looks great as well.Beautiful little kiwi and Red Cardinal as well.

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 38 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 5:31 pm

The little yellow mata mata turtle is the PEC knockoff of the Playvisions one, I used to have the same figure :) wonderful finds!

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 38 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 6:23 pm

I want the smilodon from Mojo. cheers cheers

Nice owl and caribou. sunny

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 38 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 8:12 pm

George wrote:
A fantastic varied batch! I think the caribou and orca are my favourites, along with the Breyer highland pony, of course.
Could you tell me, what's the animal with the white band round the middle, just to the left of the three blue frogs? It's bugging me that I just can't place the species! Laughing

That's not an easy one, it is a palorchestes, a prehistoric marsupial. You can see here its page on TAW.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 38 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 9:52 pm

Thank you everyone! The PEC, Britains, Funrise etc. were all welcome additions for sure. Lots of fun little no-brand models too!

I remember being a kid and my father telling me stories about bulls and draft horses and even a one legged goose they had on my grandfather's farm when he was working there. I grew up marvelling at the miraculous strength of working horses and the surprising cleverness of old experienced bulls and dairy cows.  Laughing I also remember going into my local farm and ranch store (not farmers ourselves) and seeing these PBR bulls for sale right next to other Breyer models and Schleich. While these are clearly just as dramatic as the sport they work in, I have always wanted to complete my set and even just hold each one in my hand. Well after a decade, here I am, with a collection that is 92% complete! And all the rare ones are present and accounted for! I only miss Loco louie now and being a regulatr run he is fairly common... just need to muster up the interest to snag one. 

I just recieved Hotel California and Slingblade in the mail. Very Happy

And my herd of beefy boys (is that sacrilege to call them that?) is nearly complete.
Left to right and top to bottom-
Clayton's Pet
Blueberry Wine
Little Yellow Jacket
Nightlife
Hammer
Mudslinger
Ugly
Neon Nights
Hotel California
Sling Blade
Rollercoaster
Jalapeno

I hope you all have had a Merry Christas and have a Happy New Year!

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 38 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 10:21 pm

Truly wonderful collection of glorious bucking bulls!! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 38 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 11:00 pm

First let me say... Welcome to the Hotel California! Laughing
I am really happy for you and I think it worth to complete that collection after all these years.
Oh, I surely loved to hear those stories of one-legged geese, they're always so fascinating even if they are often very simple.
A fantastic festive season for you too, Paige! cheers

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 38 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 11:17 pm

Congratulations for this surprising and wonderful collection Paige! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 38 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2021 9:13 am

Ooh, congratulations being one step closer to completing the collection, lucky that the final one is a regular run and you don't have the worry of rarity and expense to make that final purchase easier!

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 38 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2021 1:54 pm

Wonderful that you are one step closer to completing this beautiful collection! cheers
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 38 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2021 2:36 pm

What an amazing collection of Collectibulls! They are hard to find. How do they compare in size with stablemate horses? If you have a chance, would you mind showing a photo with a Stablemate horse?

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 38 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2021 2:38 pm

Wow, what great additions! I absolutely love those itty bitty frogs (and all the other itty bitties), and the PECs, and the caribou and okapi! What a fun thrifting adventure. The bulls are amazing, too, I distinctly remember when they came out. After seeing them in the catalogues, I was quite fascinated, but never did see any in real life. I had no idea they were quite small until this year, actually. Congrats on getting almost all of them!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next