Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*

Go down 
+49
Joliezac
Stripedhyena
NandO
Jill
sunny
George
rogerpgvg
Rakel
Birdsage
Mitsukuni
Duck-Anch-Amun
endogenylove
Wallace98
Bonnie
Tiermann
spacelab
RtasVadumee
Steve170
A.R.Garcia
Taos
bmathison1972
widukind
jarda
Bloodrayne
Pardofelis
pipsxlch
Caracal
Jolly Reaper
Wilorvise
Megaptera
costicuba
landrover
WhiteLightning Wolf
pm64
SUSANNE
NightLioness
sbell
lucky luke
Kikimalou
Dum_my
75senta75
Tylosaurus
Tarunyada
scot(t)
Ana
JamesPanda
barracudacat
Anne from Norway
Roger
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
George

George

Country/State : England

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 39 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2021 2:44 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
How do they compare in size with stablemate horses?

They were designed to work with Stablemates horses and riders and props, so they should be the same scale; at least I've seen them look fine with the later, bigger rider sculpts - you can see a horse alongside a bull and a couple of people in this IdentifyYourBreyer shot

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 39 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2021 3:24 pm

Thank you everyone! I admit, I just bought a very reasonably priced Louie on ebay so my collection will soon be complete. :)

Roger they are stablemate scale and intended to go with the horses (as seen in George's linked playset photo). I can take some comparison shots but it will have to wait until this weekend, so stay posted!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 39 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2021 4:18 pm

Congratulations! Getting the last one bought before the end of the year, you can count that set as completed in 2021 even though he'll likely arrive in 2022 now.

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 39 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 10:15 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Thank you everyone! I admit, I just bought a very reasonably priced Louie on ebay so my collection will soon be complete. :)

Roger they are stablemate scale and intended to go with the horses (as seen in George's linked playset photo). I can take some comparison shots but it will have to wait until this weekend, so stay posted!
Well done completing your collection, always a good feeling, especially if you have been trying to find them all for a long time.

Thanks for the photo, George and thanks for the promised photo, Paige (there is absolutely no hurry). I'd seen the playset photo before, but it's small and the perspective doesn't help with the size comparison. I know, I am very particular about scale (sorry). Are these bulls meant to represent specific breeds?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 39 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 11:32 am

Nice bulls

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 39 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 5:57 am

Thank you all!

Roger I will try to snap your comparison pic tomorrow. These PBR bulls are often mixed breed. Not focused on pedigree or purity, simply focused on athleticism. Many have brahma, angus, longhorn, or even spanish fighting bull history. But in the end they are all mixed breed. Very Happy Fun in my opinion as this makes each one unique.

One last post to finish an approx. 15 year journey and a now complete collection. 2022 is off to a good start for me! Loco Louie is now home (bottom right).
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And for comparison, the duplicate sculpts.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 39 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 6:48 am

Big congrats! Completing a set is always so rewarding!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 39 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 8:04 am

Oh wow, that's a lot of energy in one photo!
Those poses are incredible.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 39 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 8:13 am

Congratulation cheers

Fantastic flock, - and complete now Applause Applause

Loon

Loon

Country/State : California, United States

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 39 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 9:00 am

I feel bad having missed out on your post about these guys. They're really beautiful, especially in such well executed poses.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 39 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 9:26 am

Nice again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 39 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 6:12 pm

Thank you very much Jolie, Burgerenby, Susanne, Michael, and Andreas! They really are superb sculpts.

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 39 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 7:52 pm

Congratulations on finishing the set! It's such a fun and unique series with some really great looking models.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 39 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 11:51 pm

Thank you Jill!

Roger, here is a photo for you. I grabbed a few different animals that I have and a few different horses... hopefully you can get an idea of scale from it. Let me know if I can help any further!
Blueberry Wine is a small bull and Little Yelliw Jacket is fairly standard sized for the series.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 39 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 5:26 am

You have a huge farm 😉

Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 39 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 2:05 pm

The more I see of these little bull sculpts, the more I like them - so much action and strength in the poses. And I'd feel fine about owning these, rather than fighting bulls, cos the sport's not about hurting or killing them like bullfighting - they're properly looked after and have a long career, and go on to happy ranch retirement at stud when they're done with competitions Very Happy

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 39 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 4:55 pm

Amazing to have completed it, a brilliant start to the year! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 39 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 5:39 am

What an awesome collection- so full of life and power, they're beautiful- congratulations!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 39 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 5:44 am

Thank you Andreas, George, Lilias, and Kelly. Very Happy

These bulls live very nice lives during and after competition careers. They are athletes just like any other animal or sport, and to read about the personalities of them is very entertaining! For instance, Little Yellow Jacket (one of my all time favorites) is said to have known and understood his job. In the chute and ring he was like the devil and flung riders left and right like a master contortionist. But the second it was over, he would calmly walk back into his trailer awaiting his dinner just like a puppy, and was the friendliest bull out on pasture when his owners were around.  :) Goes to show that even "dumb" cows aren't so stupid as most people think (goes to show what we know!).

I decided to share these as I was too excited to get them. Originally I was thinking I was only going to keep 2 models from this package, but upon closer inspection they are each exciting!

Firstly these WingMau (previously known as XX) models. The snakes were most exciting! There is a rubber boa (a special reptile present in my own state) and a western blind snake! All of these turned out to be exiciting but those in particular. And this is nearly a complete set!

Then the lizards too, same brand. I had many of these but the new ones are all color variations! Keeping them for now, but I may decide to keep only one variant later on.

Now the only figure I miss completely in this set is the flat tailed horned lizard. New on the left old on the right. 

And lastly, another set was completed, and quite by mistake. This lot was bought for the coral snake, and like many sellers the models were all just jumbled together so I could only recognize that model clearly. This PV long toed salamander (front and center) came as a fortunate surprise since its a rare model but it also completes my set! Now I need the Safari mudpuppy and all my salamanders are complete.

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 39 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 6:04 am

Awesome additions! I loveeee those salamanders!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 39 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 8:21 am

Rare catches my friend

Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 39 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 2:39 pm

A brilliant selection, just have to love those lucky co-incidences when you end up with something you weren't expecting, and the lizards are great - it's fun to have all those variations, they look really impressive all set out together.

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 39 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 2:51 pm

Really good luck with the salamanders! I hope you can find the extra rare missing Safari. I also would love to complete that set but I am still far from it.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 39 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 6:56 pm

Nice figures! What brand is the swan?

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 39 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 10:08 pm

Wonderful reptiles and amphibians Applause
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 39 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next