Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Water buffalo, cow and several calves

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

Water buffalo, cow and several calves Empty
PostSubject: Water buffalo, cow and several calves   Water buffalo, cow and several calves EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 9:33 pm

I made some wild water buffalo figures, standing in the water, a cow with her calf, and a pair of extra calves.  The female is custom, one of a kind and I have to finish painting her, but the calves are done.  These are modified from MiniNature 3-D printed figures.   Loved the poses but they were made way too small so many live within 100 really strict but loving I'm really not modified

The extra calves are going to be listed for sale, so are the three whales I posted earlier, but for now please just enjoy the photos!  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Water buffalo, cow and several calves   Water buffalo, cow and several calves EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 10:05 pm

Nice water buffalos, especially the calves :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
miniNature

miniNature

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Water buffalo, cow and several calves   Water buffalo, cow and several calves EmptyThu Feb 22, 2018 9:18 am

Hi Phil!

Sorry to hear they ended up to small. Crying or Very sad In which scale/size did you wanted them?

When I was scaling these domestic water buffalos I also was surprised by the sizes I read during research. I also thought they are very small, but when I searched for photos of the buffalos in comparison with people, it was confirming. So there is a big size difference between the wild and domestic species. Like these adult buffalos with a kid:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

But I'm planning also to create wild water buffalos some day. I which to create an Assam set. Lots of awesome animals in that area Smile

Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Water buffalo, cow and several calves   Water buffalo, cow and several calves EmptyThu Feb 22, 2018 9:25 am

It was likely my mistake, I never compared a wild animal to the domestic ones, but by just changing the horns to the blunt ones you see in the photos, they made perfect calves!  

I chose the 1:22, but on looking, the 1:20 would still be too small.  I also bought a 1:20 Kirk's dik-dik which I still have to paint.

Last edited by Philter4 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
miniNature

miniNature

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Water buffalo, cow and several calves   Water buffalo, cow and several calves EmptyThu Feb 22, 2018 11:28 am

Philter4 wrote:
It was likely my mistake, I never compared a wild animal to the domestic ones, but by just changing the horns to the blunt ones you see in the photos, they made perfect calves!  

I chose the 1:22, but on looking, the 1:20 would still be too small.  I also bought a 1:20 Kirk's disk-disk which I still have to paint.

Ok great Smile Looking forward to your painted version of the dik-dik Smile

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Water buffalo, cow and several calves   Water buffalo, cow and several calves EmptyThu Feb 22, 2018 9:02 pm

They are very beautyful !! cheers

PostSubject: Re: Water buffalo, cow and several calves   Water buffalo, cow and several calves EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 10:15 am

Very realistic and good! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Water buffalo, cow and several calves   Water buffalo, cow and several calves Empty

Back to top Go down

Water buffalo, cow and several calves
Page 1 of 1