Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Water buffalo & African buffalo

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
junglejim

Country/State : USA/Illinois

Water buffalo & African buffalo Empty
PostSubject: Water buffalo & African buffalo   Water buffalo & African buffalo EmptySat Feb 19, 2022 6:57 pm

Here are 2 soft plastic figures in approximately 1:32 scale of an African buffalo with it's head down in a threatening pose and only marked Hong Kong inside the hollow belly of the mold and a solid soft plastic gold color Asian water buffalo with no markings. I know nothing of the background of these other than they appear to be late 1960s or early 1970s vintage and although the African buffalo is stylized with an Asian art influence I was taken by the action pose. Water buffalo & African buffalo Img_4923
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Water buffalo & African buffalo   Water buffalo & African buffalo EmptySun Feb 20, 2022 2:18 pm

They are really, really charming Applause

It is so great that some keep ( and thus save) such Hong Kong and similare models Very Happy

Thankyou for sharing Very Happy

PS, this reminds me that the "Show Us Yours" topic about made in HK models : https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t15549-show-us-your-made-in-hong-kong-animals?highlight=Hong+Kong has dormant for quite a while Shocked

junglejim

Country/State : USA/Illinois

PostSubject: Re: Water buffalo & African buffalo   Water buffalo & African buffalo EmptyTue Feb 22, 2022 2:04 am

Thank You Susanne. There were definitley some interesting and unique figures made in Hong Kong in the late 1960s and early 1970s other than the obvious 'bootleg' figures that copied the sculpting of Britains and Timpo figures, and they are of the most interest in collecting.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Water buffalo & African buffalo   Water buffalo & African buffalo EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 5:46 am

Especially the water buffalo is exactly one of the old figures that i like

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
MansoBoricua

MansoBoricua

Country/State : US

PostSubject: Re: Water buffalo & African buffalo   Water buffalo & African buffalo EmptySun Mar 13, 2022 7:48 pm

Very nice! This is an excellent comparison of these two species that often get confused. By just looking at the horns we can distinguish Asian water buffaloes from African buffaloes and its subspecies. Hooray! :)
Back to top Go down
https://ianadames02.wixsite.com/ianadamesart
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Water buffalo & African buffalo   Water buffalo & African buffalo Empty

Back to top Go down

Water buffalo & African buffalo
Page 1 of 1