Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Balaenoptera's collection

Go down 
+13
Joliezac
lucky luke
Caracal
Saarlooswolfhound
Balaenoptera
widukind
Kikimalou
lolavichor
Bloodrayne
barracudacat
NightLioness
SUSANNE
Megaptera
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

Balaenoptera's collection - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balaenoptera's collection   Balaenoptera's collection - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 29, 2023 8:40 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Balaenoptera's collection   Balaenoptera's collection - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 30, 2023 9:37 pm

Wow, the Colorata models are masterpieces cheers
Back to top Go down
Balaenoptera

Balaenoptera

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Balaenoptera's collection   Balaenoptera's collection - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 31, 2023 11:18 am

Thanks guys, and they are indeed marvellous cheers
Back to top Go down
Balaenoptera

Balaenoptera

PostSubject: Re: Balaenoptera's collection   Balaenoptera's collection - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 2:32 pm

Some more figures I received in the last two weeks.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
First I got the K&M/Wild Republic Whales & Dolphins Nature tube. This tube seems to be retired this year and is already becoming quite difficult to find. The quality of these figures is not as nice as the older figures by K&M, and some of the sculpts are pretty bad. But thankfully, the four figures that I needed for my collection are the nicest too. We got a spotted dolphin, common dolphin, Atlantic white-sided dolphin and the only figure ever made of a dusky dolphin (although it looks a bit more like a Peale's dolphin)!
These two I received today, the hourglass dolphin and strap-toothed whale by Happy Kin. Both interesting species and interesting poses, although the pose of the whale looks unnatural.
And finally, some models that aren't whales, dolphins or porpoises Laughing
Some jellyfish by Ikimon. These glow in the dark, which I'm a big fan of. They also feel very realistic!

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Balaenoptera's collection   Balaenoptera's collection - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 3:02 pm

I love the strap-toothed whale and those jellies wow! Its a shame there aren't many jellies by major brands. Those Japanese ones are beautiful I love you

Congrats cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Balaenoptera's collection   Balaenoptera's collection - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 5:23 pm

Nice additions Very Happy I like very much the jellyfish and I agree the strap-toothed whale pose is weird.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Balaenoptera's collection   Balaenoptera's collection - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 7:10 pm

Nice additions, my personally highlight is the Happy Kin strap-thooted whale

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Balaenoptera

Balaenoptera

PostSubject: Re: Balaenoptera's collection   Balaenoptera's collection - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 11, 2023 5:34 pm

Thank you all. And you're right Jolie, there is not many jellyfish by major brands!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Balaenoptera's collection   Balaenoptera's collection - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 11, 2023 5:51 pm

Congratulations! Superb models, but the happykin especially. I still need the hourglass model.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Balaenoptera

Balaenoptera

PostSubject: Re: Balaenoptera's collection   Balaenoptera's collection - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 12, 2023 10:38 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Congratulations! Superb models, but the happykin especially. I still need the hourglass model.

Thank you! In case you didn't know, and for anyone else looking for these models, they can be found on Aliexpress. Just search for something like 'Arctic marine animals' and they should pop up.
Back to top Go down
Balaenoptera

Balaenoptera

PostSubject: Re: Balaenoptera's collection   Balaenoptera's collection - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 29, 2023 2:17 pm

Been a while since my last collection update, main reason being a parcel that took forever to arrive! Also I'm getting to the point where I have most of the easier to find cetacean models, so now I mostly have to hunt down the hard-to-find ones. Which means less frequent, or at least smaller updates. I currently have one more thing on the way, which is a pretty exciting one, and it's not a cetacean!
Anyway, for now here are some figures I got since my previous post:

Three models by Kinto Favorite. The beluga isn't very exciting, the sperm whale is nicely made but feels very sticky. The Pacific white-sided dolphin is the most exciting to me, it has a great sculpt but the paint job is pretty terrible sadly. Now I just need the Humpback from this collection.
A rare figure I managed to hunt down is this K&M Striped dolphin from the Pacific bulk! I missed out on it a couple years ago, glad I got another chance.
Lastly, these seahorses by Kenner from the Wonder World series. The dolphins from this series are some of the highest on my wishlist, but I also love these seahorses. They are very well made and the two little ones are so adorable.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Balaenoptera's collection   Balaenoptera's collection - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 30, 2023 1:28 pm

Congratulations, especially for the rare K&M dolphin and the seahorses

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Balaenoptera

Balaenoptera

PostSubject: Re: Balaenoptera's collection   Balaenoptera's collection - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 30, 2023 2:42 pm

Thank you Andreas
Back to top Go down
Balaenoptera

Balaenoptera

PostSubject: Re: Balaenoptera's collection   Balaenoptera's collection - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2023 2:41 pm

Some new additions from this and last month. Let's start with one of my most expensive models to date Laughing
The beautiful Bandai Ikimono blue Leafy seadragon. My stupid phone camera really doesn't do it justice. It's an articulated figure, with the leafy appendages being moveable as well. It's a relatively new model, but it's difficult to find already. I was lucky to find this one for sale within Europe so I didn't have to pay import fees.
Then of course, some whales. The CollectA right whale finally became available here, it's a beautiful model, perhaps the best right whale figure made so far. Then I found two of the 'newer' AAA whales, the blue and sperm whale. They're not in the best condition but they are relatively rare and expensive when they do pop up. Now, about half a year ago I found the very rare Right whale from this series, but it got lost in the mail  Crying or Very sad ! If it didn't, I would have been able to complete this series from AAA as well as my collection of right whales. The hunt continues...
Lastly, I bought 8 of those huge Kinder eggs containing the new Natoons Maxi series. I hoped to get the whale... surprising I know  Wink I managed to get all 5 different figures, and 3 extra snowy owls. The details are really impressive for these kind of figures.
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Balaenoptera's collection   Balaenoptera's collection - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2023 8:16 pm

Congratulations on your new purchases. The seadragon is beautiful.
Bandai figures are hard to find here, I know.
They are a curse and blessing at the same time I always think. Curse: because they are so expensive and blessing: because they are always perfect pieces of art.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Balaenoptera's collection   Balaenoptera's collection - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2023 10:03 pm

Beautieful additions again

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Balaenoptera's collection   Balaenoptera's collection - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 18, 2023 7:08 pm

Nice additions!

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Balaenoptera's collection   Balaenoptera's collection - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 18, 2023 7:19 pm

That leafy sea dragon is gorgeous!!! Big congrats! I’ve never seen or heard of it before I love you

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Balaenoptera's collection   Balaenoptera's collection - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 18, 2023 9:14 pm

Wonderful models Applause
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Balaenoptera's collection   Balaenoptera's collection - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 18, 2023 10:14 pm

Nice additions Applause

I'm also lucky enough to own the fantastic CollectA right whale and the Bandai Leafy seadragon but mine is the yellow one. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Balaenoptera

Balaenoptera

PostSubject: Re: Balaenoptera's collection   Balaenoptera's collection - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 24, 2023 5:14 pm

Thank you all
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Balaenoptera's collection   Balaenoptera's collection - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 24, 2023 10:48 pm

Congratulations for you new models. It is a pity that right whale got lost. I hope you can find another one to complete your collection. Very Happy

Balaenoptera

PostSubject: Re: Balaenoptera's collection   Balaenoptera's collection - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 31, 2024 5:53 pm

It has been a busy few months for me and I have not been very active on this forum, nor did I get many new additions in this time. However this week I got some beautiful models of prehistoric cetaceans in the mail!
I normally don't collect resin models but these 3D printed prehistoric cetaceans are just amazing. I have always been fascinated with prehistoric cetaceans and sadly we don't have too many plastic models of them available outside of a couple of Basilosaurus and the PNSO Livyatan.
These models are part of a series called Walking Whales created by MuseumMiniatures. I definitely plan on getting more of these in the future, having the whole collection would look amazing. They are incredibly detailed! They were fun to paint but I kept holding my breath painting those tiny teeth.
The long-snouted species is a Eurhinodelphis, it sadly did not come with a name tag.

I was also able to cross one of the pesky K&M dolphins off my wish list as well. This is the large rubber Common dolphin. 9 more to go....
The rorqual in the back is an unbranded/unknown brand soft figure, I really like the sculpt! Could make a nice Fin whale.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Balaenoptera's collection   Balaenoptera's collection - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 1:06 pm

They're beautiful and you did a great job with them. Resin 3D printed? Can they print such material relatively affordable? I thought the 3D figures were mostly made of a thin plastic and hollow.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Balaenoptera's collection   Balaenoptera's collection - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 1:46 pm

Wonderful

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Balaenoptera's collection   Balaenoptera's collection - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Balaenoptera's collection
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next