Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich 2019

Go down 
+45
AlienMantis
pokeyanyway
terrorchicken
Zoodirektor
Ludichris1
SyLoBe
lucky luke
Taos
PeGe
Bongo
Freedom
Michelle
Night Elf
Fossa
Barti
Bloodrayne
spielgerg
bun2013
Roger
Benga
AnimalKingdoms
wezeltje79
WhiteLightning Wolf
Catman
Saarlooswolfhound
Tupolew Tu-154
aschuck
LukaLeon085
Ravonium
Lionwoman
Ladytilly
widukind
ghostme9
halichoeres
Wolfsong
bmathison1972
shadoweon
Schleich GingerNinja
VASILIS
NightLioness
Megaptera
Takama
barracudacat
SeanieP
Gwaine
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

Schleich 2019  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2019    Schleich 2019  - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 9:16 pm

Catman wrote:
Is this company gone backwards. The Wildlife is a joke. Another Lioness, Lynx, more Dinosaurs, Wolf, and more deers. Can't they expand into other animals that haven't produce  before. Like the Serval, Jaguarundi, Cupelo, Sandcat, Sun or Asian Bear etc. They lured me into a hobby that I will never complete the collection I want, unless it's from their competitors Safari seems to be more on the upswing. Schleich is pathetic.

That's the beauty of collecting from different brands instead of just one. Schleich is only going to market what the majority of people want and also what sells best. It's sad but its the way they are anymore and I don't think its going to change unless interest in the market shifts. Plus...Schleich is more geared toward kids nowadays instead of kids AND collectors.

bun2013

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2019    Schleich 2019  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 7:36 am

Schleich website as now posted pictures of the new schleich for 2019 so I think its now safe to show the pictures on this forum
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2019    Schleich 2019  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 7:52 am

Thanks for sharing! (The German Schleich website, US hasn't updated with 2019)

The Quokka is a PERFECT model for Schleich given it's marketing campaign, cute. I'm very pleased.

The wolf mother and pups was very disappointing for me
The growling male actually really great though. The attemtp at accurate fur pattern is appreciated, but I don't understand why the wolf family couldn't get the same treatment.

I like the deer (Buck has kinda weird antlers), lion, SUMMER COAT raccoon, etc. The calves are adorable. The shibas aren't great (the pup is just a mini version of the mom).

Over all, there are models I do and don't like but I think they are trying and deserve a little credit for the Quokka at least.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Gwaine

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2019    Schleich 2019  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 8:03 am

Updates will come tomorrow after work!!!

Edit: I'm going to do my best to make this deadline bc images on the schleich website can't be copied to be formatted into this forum

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
VASILIS

VASILIS

Country/State : GREECE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2019    Schleich 2019  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 10:36 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

The wolf mother and pups was very disappointing for me
The growling male actually really great though. The attemtp at accurate fur pattern is appreciated, but I don't understand why the wolf family couldn't get the same treatment.
The growling wolf is very very nice!!!
Applause  Applause  Applause  Applause  Applause  Applause

But the others... especially the brown pup....
Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad

I don't like and the liones too...
The feet? The black ink  around the mouth and the nose...???

The same ink to the eyes and noses of the bears... somethink  i don't like...

The Quokka... Its cute but the tongue... Maybe it's the photo.. tongue  tongue  tongue

I like the okapi cheers  cheers  cheers

The lynx... the painting...the stambes.. why???  No  No  No

I like the raccon the Ring-tailed lemur and tarantula...

But why Schleich??? Why??? Υou can do better.... Sad Crying or Very sad Sad Crying or Very sad Neutral
Back to top Go down
wezeltje79

Country/State : belgium

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2019    Schleich 2019  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 1:31 pm

can you send the link to the site i dont find the picture
thanks
Back to top Go down
Benga

Benga

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2019    Schleich 2019  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 1:54 pm

wezeltje79 wrote:
can you send the link to the site i dont find the picture
thanks

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
You’ll have to scroll almost all the way to the bottom to see the newest items

WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2019    Schleich 2019  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 1:56 pm

Um 'scuse me Schleich (and excuse my language) but what the thunderin' f*** is that brown thing in the wolf set? And the mother wolf is just a badly repainted arctic wolf model? Looks like the China copies you can get on eBay. *sad face*

I will say the growling wolf is much more impressive than the previous model though and has much better fur detail. I just wish they would have applied that same effort to the wolf family set. It looks very mismatched.

The shiba inu set isn't bad but the mouths/muzzle look a bit oversized or something?

Quokka is cute and pretty good.

I love the lynx sculpt even though it is no match for the 2018 Papo lynx but the paint work is very weak. I will be repainting mine.

The lioness...the face actually looks ok but the paws look atrocious! Why are they so flat? (And why do they feel the need to keep redoing the lions over and over again? I only ever loved their 2007 lions...those will always be the best!)

Grizzlies are ok but something about the eyes on the adult...just cannot pinpoint it.

Of course I will have to see all these ones I'd like in person first.

Country/State : belgium

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2019    Schleich 2019  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 2:16 pm

thank you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Benga

Benga

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2019    Schleich 2019  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 2:58 pm

wezeltje79 wrote:
thank you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
You’re very welcome Razz

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2019    Schleich 2019  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 6:53 pm

So here's my overall review of this collection.

I think the "mother with babies" concept needs work. The shibas and wolves are awful. The bear I think I need to see in person but I think the interactive idea is a good one for schleichs style. But really... Whoever is doing the wolf pups needs to do research because between the Arctic and these two, yikes. The mother wolf looked better in her original color, and honestly I get why recycling molds is good for a company but this is just lazy.

The okapi looks good, but it does not look much better than the old one. I think this model could have benefitted from a walking posture at least.

For some reason I really like the deer family overall. The bucks antlers are wrong and make him look like those old Christmas deer, and the fawn it looks like they tried too hard for Bambi. The doe is the best from the lot, but I am BEGGING for one company to make a good looking mule deer instead of a whitetail.

The lynx and the raccoon I like, especially since they are summer coats not fluffy winter. The lynx suffers from it's paint job though. The Komodo dragon legs look kind of weird, but it could be the angle. The ringtail, Maine coon, and tarantuoa are all good sculpts and good ideas for the brand. Other lemur species would have been more interesting, but a breed of cat is refreshing after so many generic farm cats, and the trantula could be the beginning of a new great line

The spinosaurus is actually really great. I personally don't buy into the quadruped locomotion idea, but the effect of this model is very neat. The repainted dinos are a let down.

Schleich still seems to be able to pull off cattle. Those calves are adorable! I was a little worried last year with the Spanish bull and jersey cow, but these fix that fear.

The lamb is at awkward angle to really say much, the sheep is good but not special. And as I said before the Quokka is a perfect model for schleichs strategy. They should do more models of species like this one, that gives collectors an opportunity to get rarer species and kids to get popularly cute animals.

Not to upset any horse fans, but I struggle with Schleichs new horse line. I walk into a store and have a hard time differentiating New year's models from old ones, and breed to breed. The style for all of them is just too similar. I also don't think it benefits the breeds because their unique characteristics get lost in this style. But having said that, I do like several of the horse sculpts overall. Just as a collective style I am not a fan.

(Sorry for any error in spelling or grammar I typed this on my phone)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Benga

Benga

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2019    Schleich 2019  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 8:16 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Not to upset any horse fans, but I struggle with Schleichs new horse line. I walk into a store and have a hard time differentiating New year's models from old ones, and breed to breed. The style for all of them is just too similar. I also don't think it benefits the breeds because their unique characteristics get lost in this style. But having said that, I do like several of the horse sculpts overall. Just as a collective style I am not a fan.

I’m a horse fan (What a surprise Laughing ) and I agree with you. The breed specific characteristics are fading more and more. Furthermore, only a few of them are giving me the Schleich feeling. It maybe sounds a little weird, but normally (with a few exeptions) I roughly could distinguish (by gut feeling) Schleich horses from other brands, but this year a lot of them feel like different brands. :/  (For instance, the Lippi has a different brand feeling to him, although I can’t recognise the other brand. But thanks to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] who mentioned he looks a lot like Bullyland, I now know.) So I’m not really hyped for the new horses. There are only a few I really like.

Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2019    Schleich 2019  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 8:24 pm

Benga1996 wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

I’m a horse fan (What a surprise Laughing ) and I agree with you. The breed specific characteristics are fading more and more. Furthermore, only a few of them are giving me the Schleich feeling. It maybe sounds a little weird, but normally (with a few exeptions) I roughly could distinguish (by gut feeling) Schleich horses from other brands, but this year a lot of them feel like different brands. :/  (For instance, the Lippi has a different brand feeling to him, although I can’t recognise the other brand. But thanks to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] who mentioned he looks a lot like Bullyland, I now know.) So I’m not really hyped for the new horses. There are only a few I really like.

I got the feeling schleich is trying to rediscover itself horse wise. I hope they stick to the style of the pinto foal rather then the lipi stallion.

~
~

Back to top Go down
barracudacat

barracudacat

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2019    Schleich 2019  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 8:40 pm

Thanks for sharing these new pictures.  To be perfectly honest, I'm pretty disappointed. with many of their figures.  I've seen much better versions of the dog breeds they have made by other companies and also agree that the mother and pup wolf and shiba sets need work.  I totally agree about the new horses.  Their proportions seem to have gotten even stranger, particularly on the trakehner.  To me, she looks more like a cartoon character than a real horse.  Even their newest monster additions don't seem that exciting to me.  I thought that the crab and turtle designs looked a little silly.

They do have a couple decent figures such as the snarling wolf and Maine Coon.  Their prehistoric lineup would not have been bad except for the fact that their Dimorphodon strongly resembles the famous CollectA version.  While I'm okay with others liking Schleich, I won't be buying any for another year.  I don't want to lose hope that they'll improve but if they want my business, they'll need to try again.

Benga

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2019    Schleich 2019  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 8:52 pm

Gwaine wrote:
Benga1996 wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

I got the feeling schleich is trying to rediscover itself horse wise. I hope they stick to the style of the pinto foal rather then the lipi stallion.

I hope so too, because I definitely don’t like the Lipi stallion. His back is really weird.

AnimalKingdoms

Country/State : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2019    Schleich 2019  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 10:43 pm

Hi Everyone,

Our Schleich 2019 blog is now live, including photos :)

So you can see them all together in one place, including item codes etc.

Back to top Go down
http://www.animalkingdoms.co.nz
Catman

Country/State : Calif.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2019    Schleich 2019  - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2018 9:07 am

WhiteLightning Wolf wrote:
Catman wrote:
Is this company gone backwards. The Wildlife is a joke. Another Lioness, Lynx, more Dinosaurs, Wolf, and more deers. Can't they expand into other animals that haven't produce  before. Like the Serval, Jaguarundi, Cupelo, Sandcat, Sun or Asian Bear etc. They lured me into a hobby that I will never complete the collection I want, unless it's from their competitors Safari seems to be more on the upswing. Schleich is pathetic.

That's the beauty of collecting from different brands instead of just one. Schleich is only going to market what the majority of people want and also what sells best. It's sad but its the way they are anymore and I don't think its going to change unless interest in the market shifts. Plus...Schleich is more geared toward kids nowadays instead of kids AND collectors.

And that's why the kids don't learn anything. Since it's a German company....at least they can manufacture an Angela Merkel replica. That's an animal.
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2019    Schleich 2019  - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2018 9:33 pm

Alright, here is my contribution haha, the pics are up

~
~

Back to top Go down
Benga

Benga

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2019    Schleich 2019  - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2018 11:48 pm

Gwaine wrote:
Alright, here is my contribution haha, the pics are up
Awesome, thank you!

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2019    Schleich 2019  - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 12:20 am

Thank you for the photos! Its nice to see them all together now after all this time of knowing about most of them. Wink Thank you for your hard work Gwaine!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2019    Schleich 2019  - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 12:53 am

Thanks a lot Tessa for all your useful and dedicated work! Very Happy It is also interesting to read all the comments in this topic. I am really not impressed with most of the figures to be honest. Some even look like cheap rpodctions to me. However, there is something to collect as it is the quokka even if it do not look too much like a real one. Surprising is the wolf male, a giant improvement from the previous version and a design that has no similar one in this hobby, I guess. Sorry but I find the dogs really weird and some horses do not have a cure. I believe also that some faces, really strange in these official pics, will look nicer in real. :)

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2019    Schleich 2019  - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 3:23 am

That Shiba with puppy! bounce Wonderful.
Also i like the wolf, the quokka, the spinosaurus, some horses, the fire bull and the battle turtle, moon unicorn and star pegasus mare.

And safari should make a Donald Trump figure. Very Happy

bun2013

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2019    Schleich 2019  - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 7:30 am

Thanks for sharing, love the paint mare and foal don't really care for the lipizzaner stallion I also love the dog sets
Back to top Go down
spielgerg

spielgerg

Country/State : united states washington state

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2019    Schleich 2019  - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 3:20 pm

Love the ice spider and fire bull! Didn't care for battle crab and armored turtle at first but there growing on me!
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2019    Schleich 2019  - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 7:53 pm

Thank you Tessa for the photos! Great job!! Very Happy
Have to see all in hand first, but I like the wolf :)

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2019    Schleich 2019  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich 2019
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next