Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Manatee and Walrus - unknown chinese models

Go down 
+2
Roger
costicuba
6 posters
AuthorMessage
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

Manatee and Walrus - unknown chinese models Empty
PostSubject: Manatee and Walrus - unknown chinese models   Manatee and Walrus - unknown chinese models EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 4:01 pm

Like I said on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , I found two nice and also unknown, chinese models .

Manatee and Walrus , here they are :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I bought them from Aliexpress ... , but I don`t know nothing about them.
I don`t know if they are original, or copies ... even I`m not sure if they are from the same manufacturer..

But, fur sure I can say, that these models are made from high quality of plastic material - solid and heavy.
Also the sculpt and paint job on them is very nice ... I`m especially impressed by this Manatee.
So let`s start first with it :

Like you see, it has a very nice details on texture and colors .
These skin formations gives it very natural and lifelike look. Check this out :

On the belly is also very detailed :

And it has a very charming face Very Happy :

I really like the proportions of this model... head vs body. It is my first Manatee model and the proportions are exactly the reason, why I din`t get a Manatee model from a major brands ... to me, they all have very big heads..

That`s why I can`t compared it with a other major brand Manatee model, but you can see it together with the Papo Beluga for example :

and last photo with Lego block :

And now the Walrus :

It is not the best Walrus replica , but it is not bad at all :)
And it goes very well together with the Papo Walrus :

Again to mention, that my Papo Walrus is a bit customized ... I cuted the tusks ... like you see, now they are shorter and thinner.

And some more photos with the Papo one :

Thank`s for watching sunny

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Manatee and Walrus - unknown chinese models   Manatee and Walrus - unknown chinese models EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 12:41 am

Kosta, that manatee is really good! However sculpted it took surely an eternity to put all this detail on it. It gives a very natural look to the figure. I also agree proportions are really good, maybe not as appealing as the big-headed ones but surely more correct. I really like that manatee, a great surprise as some Happy Kin Toys sea animals. I agree the walrus is maybe not a competitor to the best walruses on market but a nice figure anyway. I hope someday we can find more information about these. Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Manatee and Walrus - unknown chinese models   Manatee and Walrus - unknown chinese models EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 8:29 am

Tbe next chinese mystery. Beautiful figurines

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Manatee and Walrus - unknown chinese models   Manatee and Walrus - unknown chinese models EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 10:48 am

costicuba wrote:
I really like the proportions of this model... head vs body. It is my first Manatee model and the proportions are exactly the reason, why I din`t get a Manatee model from a major brands ... to me, they all have very big heads..

I agree with you Kosta, I have the same feeling with current manatee models, too small bodies for the head.This one is better proportioned!

The nostrils seem a bit off but it is really nice toy, big congratulation Applause
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Manatee and Walrus - unknown chinese models   Manatee and Walrus - unknown chinese models EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 4:02 pm

Thank you for your comments Roger, Andreas and Kiki Very Happy
I`m happy, that you find this Manatee as nice as I do Wink

Kikimalou wrote:

The nostrils seem a bit off but it is really nice toy, big congratulation Applause

Yes, first I taught the same ... but then I watched some photos and videos about Manatees and I found, that they can close and open the
nostrils with something like a ``valve`` ... and on this model, the nostrils are closed like this :)
Did you mean this Kiki ? :)
Actually the whole muzzle on this model is not looking perfect for Manatee .. like a shape ... on my opinion. But not bad at all :)

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Manatee and Walrus - unknown chinese models   Manatee and Walrus - unknown chinese models EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 12:54 pm

No osta, I mean the distance between the two nostrils is too big

Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Manatee and Walrus - unknown chinese models   Manatee and Walrus - unknown chinese models EmptyThu Nov 01, 2018 5:27 am

Yes, you are right about this of course :) Thanks for the explanation Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Manatee and Walrus - unknown chinese models   Manatee and Walrus - unknown chinese models EmptyThu Nov 01, 2018 7:15 pm

They are wonderful, Kosta !! Congratulations cheers

I admire your ability to find such interesting and unusual models, that nobody have ever seen before Very Happy

And thankyou for the great walkarounds flower Very Happy

Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Manatee and Walrus - unknown chinese models   Manatee and Walrus - unknown chinese models EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 8:47 pm

I can't help but notice there are a lot of topics/posts going around about Sirenia, since my last visit Laughing

Yes, I really like this model! cheers I've spotted it on AliExpress a few times, but my experiences with AliExpress aren't really positive, unfortunately. So I still need this one in my collection. Hopefully I find to courage to order it there, one day.

It isn't a copy of any manatee figurine that is known to me, so I'd say it's an originial and authentic figurine. Most of the times I've been spotting it on AliExpress, the name 'Easyway' keeps popping up. Same goes for more sea animals that could be from the same series. If you search for Easyway marine animals (or something similiar), you'll find loads of them, including your manatee and walrus! I'm not sure if Easyway is a legit brand or that it just uses random molds, but it's the best I could find about the manatee in my earlier reasearch

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manatee and Walrus - unknown chinese models   Manatee and Walrus - unknown chinese models Empty

Back to top Go down

Manatee and Walrus - unknown chinese models
Page 1 of 1