Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My newest additions

Go down 
+27
costicuba
George
Jill
Saarlooswolfhound
Pepi
rogerpgvg
Taos
Duck-Anch-Amun
Advicot
Bonnie
RtasVadumee
spacelab
Steve170
Giulia
Caracal
Pardofelis
Kikimalou
lucky luke
SouthNoah
Megaptera
landrover
bmathison1972
pipsxlch
widukind
Bloodrayne
SUSANNE
Roger
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

My newest additions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2019 8:00 pm

big but accurate! You got a good bag!.. Applause
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2019 8:30 pm

A must have

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2019 11:55 pm

Very well presented your new fox! That is a piece that will escape to many collectors that will never know it existed. Those are the rarities we can find when we decide to collect in a community like STS and when people share all the ways to acquire these gens. I am very glad that you're getting used with the sizes inconsistency. That's the only way to collect figures of several species that we never dreamed they could exist. Probably you've found in the past that your maned wolf was perfectly sized. With that trio, it is the maned wolf the figure with the wrong size. Laughing

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2019 4:41 pm

Yes, I'm turning more tolerant with diversification of scales, within certain limits. I would prefair all animals at same scale (for display them together like in a museum or zoo), but well, I prefeir rarity of species and accurateness over scale range! Very Happy (now, put my smaller mammals like fennec or quokka besides my sperm whale or bowhead whale and just laugh at the result haha)

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 9:14 pm

Here my newest additions. These were figures in my wishlist since long time, I was waiting a good occasion (birthday/Christmas) for buy some of my wishlist figures. But then I checked the page I realized that two of the Mojo figures disappeared from stock! I asked them, and looks like that various pages are making disappear Mojo figures... So that's why I bought them now, fearing for them to be not available in the future. I also included in my purchase the only Bullyland figure of my wishlist, because they told me that Bullyland is in bankrupt.

So these are my first Mojö Fun figures and my first Bullyland figure:

First one: the Mojo's Iberian lynx (Lynx pardinus). This is the only Iberian lynx done by a major brand. As a Spanish collector of interesting species in figurines, I could not let pass without the most endangered feline of the world and almost endemic of my country!
I repainted it a bit for make more realistic. See the original one [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here the size compared by other cats of major brands (Schlech jaguar and cheetah, Papo snow leopard, Kaiyodo serval):

Second one: the Mojo's Sulawesi crested macaque (Macaca nigra). The sculpt is absolutely perfect, the shape of the face is very recognizable as this peculiar species. It's the first primate in my collection and hence I don't have nothing to compare... But it's big. Too big, actually. Compared by most of my animals, it's more like a chimpanzee than a macaque...

Third one: the Mojo's quagga (Equus quagga quagga). As my collection is synoptic, I will not have a plains zebra since I have now this quagga that is the same species. It's the first extinct taxon that I have in my collection (tough I have the Safari LTD Vaquita, a species that will become extinct in next 2-3 months almost sure). As with the lynx, I repainted this model for make more realistic stripes and more well delineated white-black in the hooves. See the original one [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Comparation with CollectA's african wild ass:

Fourth one: the Mojo's sun bear (Helarctos malayanus). This is the best sun bear model that I know about, it have even the shaggy and folded skin in bottom and back when these bears sit. Also is perfect in size. Being the smallest of the bears, it's also the smallest of my bear figures.

And by last the fifth: the Bullyland Asian black bear (Ursus thibetanus). As explained above this is my only Bullyland figure at the moment. It's the best moon bear that I know about, and it's a big figure, as big as most brown/polar bears of major brands. The material feels very slightly more soft/gummy that the other plastic figures I have, but its good quality.

All my bears now. Each bear one brand! Papo polar bear, Mojo sun bear, Schleich giant panda and Bullyland moon bear. And the Safari American black bear is on my wishlist for the future! I didn't realized that each bear are/will be a different brand until writing these lines Razz

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 9:55 pm

You've found some of the finest Mojö Fun figures. I also have all of these and I love htem. The macaque was a personal request and reviewed by Christophe (Kikimalou), one of our Admins. The quagga was sculpted by Anna, a member and moderator of this forum. I really hope Mojö is not having difficulties, it is a company that revolutioned this hobby.
I also have the Bullyland figure, I also find it very big, even for my size tolerance However, theres something not completely convincing on Safari's counterpart.
Bullyland figures are made of a less dense material, they always feel light what may give a "cheap" feeling to it but, they have some really good figures, you only have to study their range. For instance, if you ever want a wisent and you find the retired Schleich too expensive, the Bullyland is equally nice and probably much cheaper... and not large!
Thanks for showing these pictures with groups of animals, they're always very useful. Very Happy

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 10:09 pm

I said this on ATF but will repeat here for this audience. I have the 2016 Bullyland red panda and it too had that 'gummy' feel to it, but as it sat out in open air it 'dried' out and now feels more normal. So, I hope your black bear will do the same. If you are building a synoptic collection, you should consider the Bully red panda; it's one of their best non-spider figures in recent years :-)
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 10:22 pm

Oh, how small is the world, hehe! I feel more personal if the macaque and quagga are sculpts, requests or revisions by members of this forum :)

Really I want a wisent. Shamefully, I didn't found the Bullyland wisent figure in the page where I bought the bear nor on the other two pages where I buy figures... Not large? I hope that is about same size than CollectA's musk ox.... I would not like a too small (or a too large) bison hehe

I try to make group pictures for comparison when I can, but as my collection is still small I often do not have much to choose Razz for that the poor lonely macaque had a single photo Very Happy

Hi Blaine! Thanks for the tip about "drying", tough the rubbery texture is not a bad thing for me as far as the figure is realistic :)

Yes, my collection has been synoptic since its beginning, and will remain so. Just will not be so exhaustive as yours Very Happy

I'm interested in a red panda figure certainly, but it's difficult to know the measurements of these. For most figures there are no info about size, and the ones that have, are too large (or too small in some cases). I think a figure of about 7 or 7,5 cm lenght (including tail) (4 cm body and 3 cm tail) would work fine for me.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 11:27 pm

Obviously we can't get all we need at once but some events turn some figures into priorities. I think both Bullyland wisent and red panda are figures that will turn soon very hard to get because Bullyland are not easy to find and the company is insolvent.
I also recommend the Bullyland red panda, Safari's is really huge, CollectA's is nicely sized but really not good figure, so the Bullyland has a moderate size and looks nice. The wisent is surely not larger than CollectA's muskox, it is also less massive for sure.
I suggest that you check these topics:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] :)

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 6:38 am

Nice additions :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 2:11 pm

good acquisitions Pardo! cheers cheers
thank you for the usefull picture of bears, I received the thibetanus and it's really too big but I will probably command the Mojo sun bear even if it's a little big too.. I am very interesting by the Macaca nigra, what a pity you have no other monkey to compare!.. and you are all right, Bully wisent and red panda are accurate..
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 4:15 pm

Caracal wrote:
I am very interesting by the Macaca nigra, what a pity you have no other monkey to compare!..

I can take pictures with non-monkey figures or a ruler, if you want :-)

I find the sun bear pefect in size actually. In lenght it's about the same than Schleich's panda, but its much less voluminous.

I finally refused to add the Bullyland panda to my wishlist. The sculpt (hairs) is not very detailed. However I would not mind to have the European bison Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 9:16 pm

Pardofelis wrote:
Caracal wrote:
I am very interesting by the Macaca nigra, what a pity you have no other monkey to compare!..

I can take pictures with non-monkey figures or a ruler, if you want :-)

I find the sun bear pefect in size actually. In lenght it's about the same than Schleich's panda, but its much less voluminous.

I finally refused to add the Bullyland panda to my wishlist. The sculpt (hairs) is not very detailed. However I would not mind to have the European bison Very Happy

We have on forum a wonderful walk around of the Mojö Fun Macaca nigra, it can be seen [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] monkey Remember that you can always post on old topics if you wish. :)
About the European bison, if you have troubles finding it, maybe I can check trhough the Portuguese distributor of Bullyland if they have anything left. Unfortunately Bullyland is only successful in local shops with their Disney licenses. Animals are virtually impossible to find. Sad

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 9:25 pm

Thanks for your kind offer! The Bullyland bison is pleasant for me, but not a must-have. It's the Safari's malayan tapir what I would like to find very much! Very Happy (or the Papo one that is more or less equally good) :)

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 7:19 pm

Wonderful photos and marvellous models too cheers

I enjoy very much seeing this kind of pictures, and great discussions Wink

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 12:47 pm

Pardofelis wrote:
Thanks for your kind offer! The Bullyland bison is pleasant for me, but not a must-have. It's the Safari's malayan tapir what I would like to find very much! Very Happy (or the Papo one that is more or less equally good) :)

I've found another shop selling Papo locally but unfortunately no tapir. Sad
This German online shop sells it quite unexpensive but unfortunately they take 8,50€ to send it to Spain. Sad

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 2:10 pm

Thanks a lot Roger! A wonderful shop! Unfortunately, it's all in German with no English version so I don't know if the 8,50€ of shipping remains the same for more than one figure or it increases. If it remains the same it will worth the buying! Sadly, it seems that this tapir and Safari's tapir (that they also have) are not available at this shop, they went out of stock just they didn't deleted their pages.

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 24, 2019 2:04 pm

A new batch of animals for my plastic zoo. This is the most bittersweet purchase that I have had, and even it colded slightly my passion about getting more figures. Like the previous batch, I bought it just because theyre retired figures or soon to disappear, and I fear to not get in time if I don't buy it before. More concretely, the gaur and the tapir disappeared from the page where I had them selected for future purchase. Asking for this tapir, I was adviced to buy it at MiniZoo, an Australian page that still have them. I also discovered here the gaur so I added it. Then I discovered that they also have the ocelot, a model retired this year, so I added it. And finally I saw here the buffalo, and I just wanted it because I wanted this species but I dislike the more readily available ones from Collecta (in a weird position) and from Safari (with a bunch of grass in the mouth and two green Shocked oxpecers in its back. I avoid animals with such "complements" in my collection and I just wanted a beautiful mass of muscles with elegant curved horns. So I saw this very well made buffalo and added it to my shopping cart.
I selected first the wished figures, but before adding things to my shopping cart I did a transfer from my bank account to PayPal for be able to purchase them. It was weekend and the transfer took more time than usual, 3 days I think. Meanwhile, the fifth figure that I wanted to buy in this page, their last Safari Ocean Sunfish, disappeared! No No No There are other pages with this figure, but this one was the cheapest. Sigh, just for three days...!
But at least I had the others. Saw prices, saw shipping costs, decided that it's reasonable, and paid. This website have a tracking system that even tell you to the email the status of the order in every change. A total of almost 40 euros for figures + shipping. Reasonable. I was happy.
But once received... the Customs added 25 € more for their service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale
So, I paid 65 € for just 4 figures Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad This is unfair!!!!!!!!!!
I still have two incoming orders from international sellers, but this incident make me decide to not buy anymore in shops outside the EU. From this point I only will buy figures from european shops.

Well, after my relief, I come with a more pleasant thing: the figures themselves.

First one is the African buffalo (Syncerus caffer) from Mojö Fun. It's highly detailed with a very good sculpt. It measures 13 centimeters lenght and about 7 centimeters at shoulder height. At home, I sharpened its horns, that are too blunt as you can see in the images.

Second is the Gaur (Bos gaurus) from Mojö Fun. A wonderful beast that I always admired. It measures 13 cm lenght and 9 cm at shoulder height. I was aware that its a bit too shiny from the online images, but well... it's really sparkling. So glittering that looks like as if he bathed in oil. Anyway, the sculpt is magnific and the powerful musculature it's very well dome. Again, I sharpened its too blunt horns at home.

Third is the Lowland tapir or Brazilian tapir (Tapirus terrestris) from Mojö Fun. It measures 9,5 cm lenght and 5 cm at shoulder height. Its a nice and perfect figure, tough its... too small. It have about the same lenght than the CollectA's Baird's tapir, but is much thinner, more slim. The head is clearly smaller than the head of the Baird's tapir. Lowland tapir is a bit bigger than Baird's tapir, so this is a bit disappointing to me. Anyway, it's in a range that I can accept (otherwise I would not have bought it Very Happy )

And fourth is the Ocelot (Leopardus pardalis) from Papo. As a small cat lover, I really like this species and hence I like any realistic figure of them. Well, this ocelot is very well made, tough it's too big. It measures 6,5 cm of head+body lenght, 9 cm of total lenght, and 3,5 cm of height at shoulder. The painting is not as perfect as in the promo picture, but still a good job. I just wish I can reduce it's size a bit...

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 24, 2019 2:34 pm

Congratulations, a few more must haves now in your collection :)

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 24, 2019 8:27 pm

thank you for these usefull pictures, I think I 'll command the baird tapir which seems more realistic than the mojo one. :)
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 24, 2019 8:54 pm

That depends on what you want. The Mojo tapir is extremely realistic, but it's just not a Baird's tapir Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 24, 2019 9:25 pm

I have all these figures what means they are also among my personal choices.
Actually, we have a few good African buffalos but the Mojö Fun figure gets something special on it. I am glad of seeing it among your choices. The Brazilian tapir is actually an excellent figure, designed more as a resin figure than a toy what is a praise. Obviously it is not a Baird's, but the CollectA is also an excellent figure with a fantastic level of detail.
The gaur is one of my favorite animal figures of ever and the ocelot is something a feline lover can't miss.
The customs hurt and really a lot. I understand why someone that acquired so beautiful figures is not so happy with the hobby as before. I hope you recover soon your enthusiasm and that you keep sharing your acquisitions with us.

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2019 9:58 pm

Time for the last batch that arrived recently. These figures I bought at TaoBao and are from CBIOV brand, not available for Europeans except with Chinese market access platforms such as this one. The're not very cheap but also not expensive. However, the shipping costs are more expensive than one would tought. One must pay twice, one for the figures and domestic delivery, and once the items arrive to they, they calculate shipping costs that you must pay appart. Shipping costs looks like very cheap at first (for Spain is more or less like 2,60 € for each 100 grams), but with all the additional packaging and protecion, the whole packet weighs much more than one can think initially. Anyway, these worth the price. CBIOV have as good quality as CollectA, Safari or Mojo, and these species are not done by any major brand. And they come with cards with info about the species, a postal, a certificate that part of the money of your purchase has been donated to protect the species they represent, and very good individual package.

First is the Takin (Budorcas taxicolor). It represent the Sichuan takin (Budorcas taxicolor tibetana), and they also have the golden takin or Shaanxi takin (Budorcas taxicolor bedfordi), that is just a colour variation of the same figure (with entirely yellow coat). Curiously, the golden takin is much more expensive than the Sichuan takin, so I choosed the latter, that I also like more. The figure is much bigger than the Anna Dobrowolska's takin, and fits well in scale with most of my bovids. It measures about 12 cm lenght (from tip of right horn to ankle of right leg) 8 cm at shoulder height, and 9'2 cm of total height (from horn tips to the soil). Proportions, sculpture and painting are just perfect, the only tiny failure is the cast seams more noticeable than I would wish, but this is just a minor issue for perfectionists Razz

Size compared with CollectA's mux ox:

Second one is the Finless porpoise (Neophocaena phocaenoides). It also represents a concrete taxon: the Yangtze finless porpoise, so, the freshwater population of Neophocaena phocaenoides asiaeorientalis. (There is a marine population of the same subspecies, plus the also marine nominate subspecies). It belongs to a set of three figures that you can choose which one to buy. I bought the male alone (that have an open mouth), other options are buy the mother and calf (both with closed mouth) (the calf is almost fully grown!), buy the three, or buy the three+ a displaying case. Logically the cheaper option is the male alone, so I gone for it. It measures about 10,6 cm of body lenght (from front to caudal notch, adapting to the curvature of the tail) and 11,3 cm of total lenght (from front to tip of right caudal fin lobe). The ears and spiracle are painted black. The skin coat is shiny grey (more shiny than CollectA's cetaceans). The figure only have one issue: it don't stands in straight position, it always turn to the left. But putting a small piece under the left pectoral fin, it solves the problem.

Size compared with Safari LTD's vaquita:

Size compared with CollectA's Ganges river dolphin:

And by last, the third figure is not a CBIOV and it's just a CollectA, easily available in European shops. But it comes from the same seller and I just wanted to add it. It's the male Mountain Goat (Oreamnos americanus). It's a species that I like a lot, but the CollectA's figure could be a bit better for this brand standards. The head is rally nice, but the body fur is too woolly, and not much detailed, plus the animal itself is a bit obese, and the coat is not pure white, but a bit dirty white in certain zones.Maybe all these things make it just a winter-coat individual. Anyway, it's generally speaking a good figure.

Size compared with CollectA's chiru:

Last edited by Pardofelis on Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2019 10:28 pm

I like much the pose of takin, is marvellous.

sunny sunny

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2019 10:47 pm

Very well presented your new figures. I really love that takin, maybe some day I will also get one of these CBIOV. I have Anna's takin that is a superb piece but it doesn't mean I do not feel tempted to get one of these too.
About your choice for CollectA mountain goat it turns surprising to me. I know the retired Schleich, much better in my opinion, is quite hard to get due to its speculative price. The Safari, that is the same mould is also retired, but there is the Schleich Mountain set with three nice figures, the ibex, the mouflon and the mountain goat. You have to get three at once but they look great and maybe you still miss the other species.
The CollectA mountain goats are surely not bad figures, maybe just not as good as their counterparts. Strangely, the pair of CollectA was originally made to their farm series. They also belong to their old generation of figures, just before the big boom in diversity and quality.

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My newest additions
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next