Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My newest additions

Go down 
+27
costicuba
George
Jill
Saarlooswolfhound
Pepi
rogerpgvg
Taos
Duck-Anch-Amun
Advicot
Bonnie
RtasVadumee
spacelab
Steve170
Giulia
Caracal
Pardofelis
Kikimalou
lucky luke
SouthNoah
Megaptera
landrover
bmathison1972
pipsxlch
widukind
Bloodrayne
SUSANNE
Roger
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

My newest additions - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 09, 2022 9:08 pm

But things doesn't end here... I also received a wonderful parcel of Chinese knock-offs. All the figures for just 25€ so this compensated the outrageous custom seizures and duplicate shipping costs that I have had with other former parcels. I grabbed that because it have two retired models very hard to get. These knock-offs are almost identical to the original branded ones, only very slight less quality in paintjob and sculpt. Anyway I want to customize them all so the paintjob does not mind me a lot.

The two rare retired figures that leaded me to buy from this seller are: the dreamed Papo giant anteater. Very similar to original Papo in paintjob, just a bit more brownish.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It matches perfectly with my other anteater, a homemade silky. Of all the giant anteater figurines the retired Papo is my favourite and finally I got my hands in it, I'm very pleased :)

But of course I didn't want a brown anteater, so I took my brushes and paints and got this:

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 09, 2022 9:11 pm

The other retired model that took inmediately my attention and made me purchase is the Schleich spotted carpet shark (or wobbegong). The figure is different to the very good Schleich promo image but very similar in paintjob with the actual Schleich figure. This shark is still in production but only as part of a set with a diver, coral, starfish, seagrass etc so much more expensive for those that only want the shark.

Underside is very flat in colour but I left it untouched.

Matches well with my other members of the Carpet shark order: Papo whale shark and CollectA zebra shark.

But I needed a more perfect version of the carpet shark.So I cut the paired fins giving them a more adequate size and shape for the species:

The pattern is too complicated to use as base for a new paintjob, so better stat a new paintjob from zero. Here is seen how I also added the typical slits that are under the eyes (I don't know what are called or its function). I also added a fifth gill aperture as the figure have only 4 on each side. Not visible on the photo but I also added the anal fin, that is missing in the figure. I also added more realistic fringes around head.

Then added the brown blotches in geometrical pattern...

and voilá! hard work but very satisfying!!

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 09, 2022 9:14 pm

But I wanted to take advantage of the purchase and buy more items from same seller for save money. So here they are...

Safari LTD - Pelagic TOOB yellowfin tuna. Safari doesn't sell the TOOB items separatedly and the yellowfin tuna is the only figure that interests me, so I was lucky!

It matches well with Colorata members of the tuna family:

And here I customized repainting it whole and sharpening slightly the fins:

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 09, 2022 9:17 pm

Another figure from my wishlist: Safari LTD's African wild dog!

Here with other dogs and allies:

And of course... I needed to repaint it. I also cutted the very noticeable seam lines around the head. The orange patches are very dark and I used a more clear tune for the repaint, being especially pale at the head as happen in real wild dogs.

And just for fun, my new African wild dog together with the miniature hunting scene of African wild dogs that I did decades ago as a kid:

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 09, 2022 9:20 pm

Then comes the Colorata leopard whipray. Also part of a set so difficult to get alone. The paintjob is quite similar to the original Colorata figure.

Matching very good with my other rays!

But leopard whiprays are not so rounded, more diamond-shaped. So I caught my cutter and...

I gave it a new coat, but taking advantage of the preexistsing spots. I also sharpened the tail, and added a sharp knob in the nose as in the real animal.

Also I corrected the gill position and the narine shape.

I corrected the eye colour and I made the spiracle deeper.

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 09, 2022 9:22 pm

Then maybe my less impressive model, the Papo red fox, but still my favourite red fox and hence it was in my wishlist:

Having fun with my other foxes...

Also my less impressive repaint. Just retouched the eyes, muzzle, ears and tail.

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 09, 2022 9:23 pm

And last but not least, the best for the end, I finished it just some hours ago and I'm very proud...

the Papo domestic goat!!!

The actual Papo domestic goat is white, but this knockoff is brown.

Maybe some of you, especially those that know me well, are thinking that I'm kidding or something. Didn't said I that I don't collect domestic animal figurines? Why get so excited by a domestic goat figurine, and even not a very good finished one? Well, here comes the reason. I wanted a domestic goat long time ago for...

cut the udders and the horns (and the seam lines), add paste for filling the skeletical hind legs, make a scrotum and a penis and elaborate very large horns and a long beard....

...and here is my fantastic Cretan wild goat!!! I'm really proud of how it looks! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 09, 2022 9:35 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause

Marvellou job, Very nice horns and I like the beard too.

Now it is a mrvellous model.

Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 09, 2022 10:19 pm

Wow that goat is spectacular!! affraid

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 11 EmptySun Apr 10, 2022 12:25 am

I commented those in other threads but here it is much better with comparisons and your descriptions. There are a lot of little details that we would miss if you didn't mention them. They are all really great but the best idea is your Cretan goat. You were also so clever with the ray pattern, the final result is so beautiful and convincing.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 11 EmptySun Apr 10, 2022 12:58 pm

The Wild goat is superb!!! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 11 EmptySun Apr 10, 2022 1:52 pm

Thankyou for sharing these wonderful pictures of amazing tranformations Applause Very Happy

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 11 EmptySun Apr 10, 2022 2:13 pm

Great job Isidro, especially the wobbegong, the ray and the Cretan goat Applause

I would love to watch a tutoerial about how to make such nice horns Very Happy

What about you older pics, I can't watch them now ? scratch
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 11 EmptySun Apr 10, 2022 4:06 pm

Thanks everybody for your kind words!

Kiki the horns were just strips of pasete tapered af if you wold do a snake, then flattened to one side for make the "crest" and then curved in the elegant final position and then adding the stripes and growth rings with a pin. All this is easy, the really difficult part is attaching the horns to the head: trying to make them fixed with realistic bases results in constantly moving, breaking and deattaching of the horns. But with patience I managed to get both with enough quality. I left my goat hanging upside down for let the horns drying in the correct position without touching the back.

My older pics are all hosted in Animal toy forum, and said forum is shut down since two days ago so the images will not be seen until the forum is repaired.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 11 EmptySun Apr 10, 2022 4:37 pm

Splendid new additions, the goat and wild dog are just wonderful!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 11 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2022 7:27 am

Nice additions

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Koikinguu

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2022 3:56 am

Your new additions posts feels magical!
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2022 4:42 am

Thanks everybody for your kind words Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 30, 2022 8:42 pm

My newest additions, again by exchange with my friend [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My yellow sponge was a success and he asked for another one for a friend. In exchange he sent me this stupendous ELECTRIC EEL (Electrophorus electricus) by Kaiyodo, it was in my wishlist.

Unfortunately the sponge resulted way smaller than the previous one so I'm doing a third one. I always had problems with doing correct sizes for my own models, as you may remember from other models I did.

But the electric eel is fabulous. Very well sculpted, with the ondulating anal fin, the flattened head, the tiny eyes and the rows of electric pores just in the perfect position, not to mention a totally accurate paintjob.

Here with my other eel, the ribbon moray (tough as you know, electric eels are not eels).

And here, my Amazonian fishes growing, now one more member welcome to the family :)

But things doesn't end here. We also did a move that I found fun and nice, introducing the surprise element. I would send him a surprise homemade figure, and in return he send me a surprise branded figure of my taste. Knowing him, I chosed the European avocet, a bird that we talked about before and that is part of his childhood, and also a species that never would be done accurately by any brand because if any decides to do one, the bill would be always too thick.

He uses a different illusive scale for birds than for mammals while I try to keep everything more or less concordant. Knowing that, I did the avocet slightly bigger than my own Australian avocet done long ago. So, the new European avocet can fit good with the modern Papo water birds such as the grey heron and spoonbill.

And now here is in his collection already. He added a base to the figure in fear that it would fall and the bill can break.

And now you would ask: but what he sent you in return for the avocet?
So... a very great figure from my wishlist: the unbeatable Papo cougar!!!!

That's de definite cougar undoubtely for my taste, even when I readed sometimes collectors not enough content and waiting for the release of a better one. But in my opinion a better one is almost impossible to do. The Papo cougar have everything: perfect size, a very interesting posture, correct proportions, very well done muscles and exquisite fur texture. The latter impressed me. The fur when looked from very close really looks like individual hairs sculpted, instead grooves impressed with a pin.

The new cougar is happy to meet the other Panamerican cats:

Also fits very well with other iconic USA animals:

While it have a decent paintjob, it could be done even better. I'm not a master of repainting felines like other forum members that did miracles with this very same model, however, what I did is at least an improvement in my opinion.

Before:

After:

I think the other side turned better, especially the black mark behind muzzle:

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 30, 2022 10:30 pm

I wouldn't mind to trade with you a major brand figure for one of your customs. Fortunately, I already own one of them. Wink
I am surprised how positive you are about the Papo cougar. It is good to see different opinions about the same figure. I don't find it too exciting but for some reason it is my cougar representative when I have other options. Strangely we're not talking too much on forum about the new Schleich model. scratch
I wouldn't mind to see Safari releasing a standard sized version of their Wildlife Wonders model.

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 11 EmptySun May 01, 2022 9:05 am

Wonderful new models! cheers The birds are beautiful! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 11 EmptySun May 01, 2022 5:35 pm

Wonderful stuff

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 11 EmptyMon May 02, 2022 11:55 am

I have missed that thread for a long time and I am discovering many beautiful newcomers! Big congrats for this cretean wild goat! cheers cheers

Who made the beautiful Canis simiensis up please?
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 11 EmptyMon May 02, 2022 3:31 pm

Caracal wrote:
 Who made the beautiful Canis simiensis up please?

Me Very Happy

But it's old now hehe

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 11 EmptyMon May 02, 2022 4:58 pm

Wow! big congrats! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My newest additions   My newest additions - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

My newest additions
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next