Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear

Go down 
+19
A-J
bjarki12
costicuba
Ana
Bonnie
lucky luke
Bowhead Whale
Saarlooswolfhound
SyLoBe
Taos
Zelvik
widukind
SUSANNE
manofmooon
Roger
Tarunyada
Caracal
Pardofelis
Geospiza fortis
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

Country/State : United States

New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear Empty
PostSubject: New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear   New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 2:18 am

After a couple of years focused on prehistoric creatures, I'm coming around again to go through with another round of animals. Having started with a rhino last time around, I felt a hippopotamus would be an appropriate way to start off.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Geospiza fortis on Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear   New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 7:51 am

VERY well done!!!! Applause Applause Applause

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear   New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 9:13 am

cheers very beautiful and impressive hippo! Smile  I' m going to search for your prehistoric creatures!..
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear   New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 2:19 pm

Thank you both!

Caracal wrote:
cheers very beautiful and impressive hippo! Smile  I' m going to search for your prehistoric creatures!..

If you want to see them they're here. I haven't posted them on STS since the focus here is more on modern animals.
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear   New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 3:11 pm

Well done, such a gorgeous sculpture! It really looks like one of those scientific models, that are used in museums and such. Amazing cheers

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear   New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 3:23 pm

It is very well done! Do you intend to make more extant animals in future? It is great to see you back. Very Happy

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear   New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 5:36 pm

thanks a lot Geospiza!..  and congratulations for your awesome dinosaurs!! cheers cheers

Last edited by Caracal on Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear   New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 10:08 pm

Thanks!

Roger wrote:
It is very well done! Do you intend to make more extant animals in future? It is great to see you back. Very Happy

It's great to be back into this. I have another piece in the works as of now and a bit of a lineup planned.
Back to top Go down
manofmooon

manofmooon

Country/State : Italy

PostSubject: Re: New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear   New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 12:01 pm

@Geospiza fortis, your hippo is really beautiful and better than some hippos made by famous brands!

Safari Ltd: 2
Bullyland: 1
Mojo: 1
Animal Paradise: 5
Nayab: 1
Others: 8
------------
Total: 170
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear   New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 6:37 pm

A truely magnificent hippo !!! alien cheers

And such gorgeous prehistoric models you also make Shocked Applause Very Happy

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear   New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 6:32 pm

Welcome back!

Beautiful hippo !!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Zelvik

Zelvik

Country/State : czech republic

PostSubject: Re: New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear   New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 8:05 am

Your hippo is very nice. Very realistic. Congratulation !!! Applause Applause Applause sunny sunny sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
http://safafariparkpodklicem.wz.cz
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear   New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear EmptySun Mar 03, 2019 4:53 pm

Excellent hippo! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear   New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 10:09 pm

It´s so sweet! I like him a lot :)

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear   New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear EmptyTue Mar 12, 2019 3:03 pm

Thanks, everyone! I have more animals coming together right now. It shouldn't be long until the next one's finished.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear   New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear EmptyTue Mar 12, 2019 5:05 pm

Stunning hippo, I can't wait to see more!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear   New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 1:40 am

Did you know? The river hippopotamus isthe animal emblem of the country of Togo. The main reason is the hippo stands up to the two biggest predators of Africa, the lion and the crocodile. In that country, when they talk about someone's courage, they say:"He/she is better than a lion; he/she is a hippopotamus".
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear   New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 8:09 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Did you know? The river hippopotamus isthe animal emblem of the country of Togo. The main reason is the hippo stands up to the two biggest predators of Africa, the lion and the crocodile. In that country, when they talk about someone's courage, they say:"He/she is better than a lion; he/she is a hippopotamus".

Laughing Laughing To me, it would be an insult Suspect Laughing

But I suppose that people who know them don't see it that way Wink

Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear   New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 1:19 am

Thanks, Saarlooswolfhound.

My latest figure, an okapi:

Since it's been much longer than it should have been, here's a bonus. Works in progress, maned wolf and an elk:
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear   New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 3:23 am

Did you know? The Okapi is the animal emblem of the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear   New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 5:29 am

Very nice figurines again :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear   New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear EmptyTue Jul 23, 2019 10:20 pm

Thanks, Widukind.

No, I didn't know that but I find it fitting
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear   New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 2:38 am

It's been a while again, but here's the latest piece I've been working on: an Andean Bear. It's based on the bear I photographed at the National Zoo several years ago. This time, I'm looking to make a mold and cast some copies which I plan on making available later this year.

Here's the bear so far. What are your thoughts on it? I don't think the face looks quite right, but then Andean bears have short faces. I'll definitely go over the eyes again once it's baked so that they're not set so far in, and make the one side of the mouth less flat.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear   New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 4:35 am

Beautiful bear! Glad to see you update again. Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear   New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 10:44 am

Congratulations can't wait to see it finished and painted Very Happy Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear   New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear Empty

Back to top Go down

New animal models by Geospiza fortis: Andean Bear
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next