Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yowie USA Series 5

Go down 
+11
sbell
SUSANNE
landrover
pipsxlch
WhiteLightning Wolf
Duck-Anch-Amun
halichoeres
bmathison1972
Roger
widukind
Blublub
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Yowie USA Series 5 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 5   Yowie USA Series 5 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2019 1:22 pm

Pardofelis wrote:
The giant Australian cuttlefish is one of the species that I always wanted to be made into figurine. It's one of my favourite species of cuttlefish! My wishes come true, they did one!! And a well done one! Do you know the size of it?

@Pardofelis the mantle is 3.5 cm; given that the actual animal has a mantle up to 50 cm, that would make it 1:14 or so? Correct me if I am messing up the math :-)
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 5   Yowie USA Series 5 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2019 6:20 pm

Ah, thanks! A bit big but I can accept it in my collection Very Happy

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 5   Yowie USA Series 5 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 1:13 am

That cuttlefish is a must have for me.
Has anyone seen these in stores yet, or seen a picture of the packaging intact? It would be nice for hunting if they're visually distinct from series 4, and given the apparently different eggs, I'm hopeful.
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 5   Yowie USA Series 5 - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 9:32 pm

They're here! Saw 1 box of them today at a local Walmarts. The tray has a penguin on the front left, if the clerks bother replacing the tray. Foil does not have the white band around the lower belly of the monster. The chocolate looks like it came out of the same mold as last season, but the eggs are small in it and it does make it easier to remove the chocolate without it sticking- or to crush the chocolate around the egg! Here is a pic of some of the intact packages:
Yowie USA Series 5 - Page 2 IMG_1855_zpsfk5gxiw5
So far, I got 1 monster (will go to a kid), 2 yellow-eyed penguins (1 already spoken for, other is available) and a trout cod which I will keep. Here are pics of the penguin and cod, you are free to use them Roger unless you'd rather wait for better.
Yowie USA Series 5 - Page 2 IMG_1864_zpse9cd4nxw
Yowie USA Series 5 - Page 2 IMG_1862_zps99cse9v4

Last edited by pipsxlch on Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Night Elf

Night Elf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 5   Yowie USA Series 5 - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 12:59 am

Awesome! Thank you for posting pictures of the foil. I was wondering how it might be different from Series 4. I will watch for these. Hopefully people bought a ton of Series 4 for their kids Easter baskets so my area gets Series 5 soon.  rabbit Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 5   Yowie USA Series 5 - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 6:46 pm

FINALLY found these at my local Walmart. I got the sea horse, hammerhead, sunfish, and cuttlefish. Very exciting but I still haven't found the elephant seal and mandrill from the 4th series, a little worried I won't before they disappear. I really just need the sturgeon and axolotl now from this series.

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 5   Yowie USA Series 5 - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 7:00 pm

I have:
-beluga sturgeon
-sea cucumber
-wolffish
-cuttlefish
-yellow-eyed penguin
-sea horse

Still need:
-crayfish (top priority)
-handfish
-trout cod
-golden coin turtle
-sea snake
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 5   Yowie USA Series 5 - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 7:05 pm

Thanks for the pics :)

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 5   Yowie USA Series 5 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2019 12:56 am

Well, I don't know about the crystal rarity rating... I just got another penguin and another trout cod. The cod is spoken for but does anyone want a penguin or two? They're supposed to be the rarer ones, but this tray seems loaded with them! (They came from the same tray that my earlier ones did) Besides them, I got a sturgeon and tuna which are spoken for. This series is really up my alley, sorry bank account!

Shopped at the same Walmarts today and got 3 figures- a leopard shark, and 2 golden coin turtles. Both the turtles are claimed, but scratch scratch  aren't the 'super' rated figures supposed to be the rarities, like the Burmese tortoise last round? They seem to be almost all I'm getting!
I will take a picture tomorrow for Roger.
Yowie USA Series 5 - Page 2 IMG_1867_zpssf6bgq8x
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 5   Yowie USA Series 5 - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2019 7:36 pm

The Tasmanian giant freshwater crayfish, Astacopsis gouldi. Many thanks to @pipsxlch for selling this to me!

Yowie USA Series 5 - Page 2 20190511-131727
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 5   Yowie USA Series 5 - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2019 7:30 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers

I hope my wishes arrived me soon

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Night Elf

Night Elf

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 5   Yowie USA Series 5 - Page 2 EmptyTue May 14, 2019 7:40 pm

My area finally got Series 5. I am so pleased with the detail on these.  Applause

But I also got duped into buying some old Series 3 from Walmart the other day! I had not thought any of those were still around, but I was wrong. The foils look nearly the same except the net weight is 0.8 oz on the front of the foil for Series 5, while it is 1 oz for Series 3. Also, the expiration date for Series 3 was Sept 2019 while Series 5 had a 2020 expiration date.

But I don't expect that many others will run into this. My area obviously has more issues selling these in a timely manner for whatever reason. Laughing

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 5   Yowie USA Series 5 - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2019 6:16 am

This must be the best US series , isn't it ? cheers

pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 5   Yowie USA Series 5 - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2019 12:15 pm

I have really enjoyed Series 5, but since I love aquatic creatures that is no surprise!

Jessica, as of April at least I'd still seen Series 3 in a few stores- it's not just you! The Series 5 I've seen so far have had expiration dates of June or July 2020. The latest of the 4s has been May 2020. And the Burmese tortoise, it feels heavy but rattles quite a bit when you shake it.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 5   Yowie USA Series 5 - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2019 3:23 pm

I got all my serie 5 wishes. Also the snake and the turtle :)

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Night Elf

Night Elf

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 5   Yowie USA Series 5 - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2019 8:21 pm

pipsxlch wrote:
I have really enjoyed Series 5, but since I love aquatic creatures that is no surprise!

Jessica, as of April at least I'd still seen Series 3 in a few stores- it's not just you! The Series 5 I've seen so far have had expiration dates of June or July 2020. The latest of the 4s has been May 2020. And the Burmese tortoise, it feels heavy but rattles quite a bit when you shake it.

Thank you for the tip! I will try that for the tortoise. Lots of Series 4 still around. Very Happy

Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 5   Yowie USA Series 5 - Page 2 EmptyThu May 23, 2019 6:15 pm

Are they also available in Germany? I also need those yowie models bounce
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 5   Yowie USA Series 5 - Page 2 EmptyThu May 23, 2019 6:56 pm

Megaptera wrote:
Are they also available in Germany? I also need those yowie models bounce

Tooooooo sad - no.

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Blublub

Blublub

Country/State : Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 5   Yowie USA Series 5 - Page 2 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 10:49 pm

Night Elf wrote:
My area finally got Series 5. I am so pleased with the detail on these.  Applause

But I also got duped into buying some old Series 3 from Walmart the other day! I had not thought any of those were still around, but I was wrong. The foils look nearly the same except the net weight is 0.8 oz on the front of the foil for Series 5, while it is 1 oz for Series 3. Also, the expiration date for Series 3 was Sept 2019 while Series 5 had a 2020 expiration date.

But I don't expect that many others will run into this. My area obviously has more issues selling these in a timely manner for whatever reason. Laughing

Thanks much for the .8 oz. tip - that saved me a ton of time. My local Walmarts and Targets throw the new in with the old constantly - you really have to look at the labels for the weight to make sure you're getting Series 5.
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 5   Yowie USA Series 5 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 11:02 pm

I've gotten a couple figures now with different pamphlets- they're in multiple languages. Do the Aussie issues have these inserts, or are theirs the same as the US ones? One of these came with a figure I bought off eBay, the others have all been local purchases.
Yowie USA Series 5 - Page 2 IMG_2084_zpsyxesqyxl
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 5   Yowie USA Series 5 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yowie USA Series 5
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2