Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too

Go down 
+8
Saarlooswolfhound
Kikimalou
Pardofelis
landrover
SeanieP
bmathison1972
widukind
jarda
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too - Page 2 EmptyFri May 31, 2019 8:08 pm

MiniZoo is selling the tree kangaroo as a Goodfellow's and the gazelle as a Thomson's. I don't know their source but it makes sense to me. Very Happy

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too - Page 2 EmptyFri May 31, 2019 10:50 pm

Roger wrote:
MiniZoo is selling the tree kangaroo as a Goodfellow's and the gazelle as a Thomson's. I don't know their source but it makes sense to me. Very Happy

MiniZoo is selling the complete range using original manufacturer animal names (e.g. we can see cheetah as leopard) :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 1:45 pm

jarda wrote:
Roger wrote:

MiniZoo is selling the complete range using original manufacturer animal names (e.g. we can see cheetah as leopard) :)

Yes, and this time the figure is not ambiguous, it is clearly a cheetah. However, it is not the first time we see this confusion from a Chinese company. I believe it is not a misidentification but a translating issue. The word cheetah in mandarin countains the word leopard on it. We also use the name leopard for clouded leopards and snow leopard, for instance and they are different species from the traditional leopard. Considering it, I think we may trust their identifications.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 02, 2019 9:51 am

Here is also a another nice set

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 8:20 am

Australia set arrived me

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 11:33 am

Congratulations Andreas, I'd love to hear your considerations about it. bounce

widukind

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 6:14 pm

Roger wrote:

Hard to say. I bought the set for the Goodfellows Tree kangaroo. This figure is nice, but not more. The cassowary too, and the other figures are not really new as species in the toy world. So not really only one new specie for my zoo. The quality is okay, not so good as major brands or japanese brands. Size similar major brands.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 6:44 pm

widukind wrote:
Roger wrote:

Hard to say. I bought the set for the Goodfellows Tree kangaroo. This figure is nice, but not more. The cassowary too, and the other figures are not really new as species in the toy world. So not really only one new specie for my zoo. The quality is okay, not so good as major brands or japanese brands. Size similar major brands.

The Cassowary looks quite nice in their official pictures. It is a pity that they decided to make the Southern species, exactly the same as CollectA and Safari did. Can the base of the cassowary be removed? I ask because in one of the pics it is presented without the base. Thanks also for additional informations.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 7:11 pm

Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:
Roger wrote:

The Cassowary looks quite nice in their official pictures. It is a pity that they decided to make the Southern species, exactly the same as CollectA and Safari did. Can the base of the cassowary be removed? I ask because in one of the pics it is presented without the base. Thanks also for additional informations.

Yes, to sad it is a southern cassowary again. The base can be not removed :)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 7:20 am

widukind wrote:
Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:
Roger wrote:

Thanks Andreas! Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 6:15 pm

Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:
Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:
Roger wrote:

Thanks Andreas! Very Happy

You are welcome :)

Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2019 6:59 pm

Here is the photo of the complete Africa set - maybe useful for figures size comparison.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2019 7:30 pm

Congrats, especially the chameleon is on my wishlist

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2019 10:14 pm

widukind wrote:

I got it and I'm sure you willbe happy with him Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2019 10:32 pm

widukind wrote:
Australia set arrived me

WOW ! Congratulations cheers

Tha tree cangarooo !!! I love you

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 24, 2019 6:59 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
widukind wrote:
Australia set arrived me

WOW ! Congratulations cheers

Tha tree cangarooo !!! I love you

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 24, 2019 7:00 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
widukind wrote:

Congratulations :)

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 25, 2019 7:56 am

widukind wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
widukind wrote:

Thank you Andreas Very Happy

I wasn't very amazed by the set but the chameleon was a real eye-catcher for me.
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 25, 2019 9:53 am

Kikimalou wrote:
widukind wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
widukind wrote:

Thank you Andreas Very Happy

I wasn't very amazed by the set but the chameleon was a real eye-catcher for me.

I wasn't very amazed too, especially by the material used, the plastic is very fragile and e. g. the legs or tusks can easily be malformed. Hair dryer and cold water can NOT fully repair such malformations, the plastic has strong "memory effect".
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 25, 2019 4:29 pm

Very bad news Jarda. I'm happy I only buy the chameleon.

It's too bad for this line because other models are really nice like their bigger animals or their dinosaurs.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 25, 2019 4:45 pm

I bought four to see if I like them: the chameleon, Thompson's gazelle, tree kangaroo, and warthog. I found the quality to be fine for all of them, with no issues regarding standing (mine were shipped in the original packaging which protects them from warping).
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2019 10:25 pm

jarda wrote:

I wasn't very amazed too, especially by the material used, the plastic is very fragile and e. g. the legs or tusks can easily be malformed. Hair dryer and cold water can NOT fully repair such malformations, the plastic has strong "memory effect".

I bought the rhino and I can't say that I am unhappy with the quality. I also got some older PNSOs (I think; they might be copies) and they are OK too. In contrast to many modern-day brands, PNSO use PVC or a PVC-like material. Yes, it can sometimes be malformed. I usually put the malformed part in hot water, then under the cold tap while holding the part in place. But as you say, the plastic has a memory and you need to keep it in place for a long time, otherwise it bends back. Not sure for how long you have to hold it, but at least over a month. I don't hold it in my hands all the time Smile, but if the legs are bent inwards (often the case), then I put something in between or otherwise you could try to use a clamp (but make sure it doesn't damage the plastic).

Thanks for posting a picture of the whole box. The rhino was too small, but now I can work out the size of the other figures. The croc looks right, the zebra perhaps too, but probably a few mm too large.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too   PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

PNSO African animals! And Australian animals too
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2