Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare

Go down 
+25
Duck-Anch-Amun
Shanti
Advicot
RtasVadumee
costicuba
spacelab
Steve170
Megaptera
landrover
Caracal
rogerpgvg
bmathison1972
pipsxlch
75senta75
Kikimalou
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
Pardofelis
Taos
SUSANNE
Tiermann
zirkoon
Roger
Bloodrayne
lucky luke
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

50183 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   50183 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 11 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2019 5:25 pm

Thanks again kiki, caracal, and Fernando!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

50183 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   50183 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 11 EmptySun Nov 03, 2019 7:52 pm

So after I completed this project, I decided to start on my deep cleaning of my figures and shelves and work on some projects I've put off for far too long (hanging some shelves and adding extra shelves to the bookcases etc.) This is the end result! (I found some dead insects who tried to hide amongst my figures to escape the snow outside, so forgive any cottonballs you see. I'm experimenting with peppermint oil to prevent this in the future).

First up, my new prehistorics and fantasy display! (Bought a bookcase just for the prehistorics) and newly renovated aquatic species display:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Domestics and pioneer sets:

Dogs and horse event sets:

Africa:

Asia, Oceania, South America:

North America and Europe:

Birds and reptiles and some insects:

Horses:

Various small animals/figures:

Amphibians and otters:

Cryptids, skulls, and various farmlife (new Ray, Britains, ertl):

Next project is sorting and cleaning breyers which I will post here.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   50183 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 11 EmptySun Nov 03, 2019 8:18 pm

Right now I have deeper shelves farther apart, and use raisers. I like the idea of more shelves that are shallower and closer together, so there is only one row deep (maybe 2 if there is a way to elevate the back row)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   50183 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 11 EmptySun Nov 03, 2019 9:07 pm

Display is important to me. I try to arrange the figures so that you can see everything (exceptions are mini versions of models. I.e. a regular scale safari gorilla vs a miniature yowies gorilla). I used to utilize spice raises or clear plastic boxe organizers to help with this, but in essence they also waste a bit of space. I wish I could buy collectors display vitrines but again, they are expensive and would not be an effective use of space and display for me right now. My book cases are a mix of purchased and inherited book cases, some are nice expensive real wood, and some are the cheap particle board covered in laminate. Either way, I always cut extra shelves to insert and sometimes have to modify the book case itself to accommodate this. But with this method, my book cases average holding about 300-400 figures total (dinosaurs less due to size, ocean animals more due to small scale of most of the models). And lastly, I try to conserve book shelf space by relocating smaller scale species to the modified wall hanging displays.

But all this has taken a lot of time to sort out and decide what works for my taste and not (I used to place plants and rocks as part of the display, but have recently decided against them due to space constraints). Just today, I added 80ish figures to my collection, so my displays are constantly changing to accommodate changes, as I am a generally accepting collector of species and types for comparison.

I enjoy all this engineering and sorting and cleaning though. It helps me keep track of what figures I have, sometimes decide to remove figures from my collection etc. Its just a lot of work the larger it gets!

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   50183 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 11 EmptySun Nov 03, 2019 9:57 pm

most of my shelves are for the Synoptic Collection and non-insect arthropods. I converted some Cornell Drawers (used for actual insect specimens) into display cases for the insects. So while they are not on display, they are easily accessible in nice glass-topped drawers :)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   50183 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2019 8:20 am

Nice shelves

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   50183 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2019 4:24 pm

Wow, marvellous animals in your nice shelves.

Big congratulations. Applause Applause Applause

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   50183 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2019 4:50 pm

Thanks guys!

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   50183 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2019 5:05 pm

Your collection is really amazing. I wish I would have that space Applause
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   50183 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 7:50 pm

Apologies for the long delay, documenting my main collection sort of took it out of me. But I'm recovered and ready to do the last little bit! Today's topic are non equine Breyer's. These are traditional, classic, and stablemate sizes. Enjoy the photos.

I tried to source my figures the best I could based on when I bought them retail or the variant that most closely resembled it (for my thrift store finds/trades). Many models have lots of variants that are only slightly different from each other. I did the best I could given the resources available. So here is listed the name of the mold/variant, the item # and the years produced.

Elk- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 1998-2005
Ram- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 1969-1980
Elephant- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2000
Black bear cub- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 1974-1976
Cougar- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2006-2007

Deer buck 1- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2005-current
Doe 1- same as above
Fawn 1- same as above
Doe 2- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 1974-1997
Fawn 2- same as above
Fawn 3- variant of above

Holstein polled cow- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2001-2004
Angus bull- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 1959-1977
Rottweiler- 2004-2006
Golden retriever- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2004-2006
Black labrador- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2004-2006
Beagle- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2012-2013
Corgie- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2012-2013
Sheltie- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2001-2006
Hereford bull- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Holstein cow- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Donkey- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2009
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2013-2014
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2010-2019
Sheep- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2007-2015
Pig- 2005-2010
Calf- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2013-2014
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2014-2015

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   50183 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 9:17 pm

Complete eye-candy Razz cheers

I can't pick out whick ones I love the most, - but Breyer makes gorgeous dogs, - and the three little donkeys - and the deer and... bounce Applause

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   50183 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 10:54 pm

Thanks for the photos; good as always. Would you mind showing a close-up photo of the brown and white cow (a Hereford?) I saw it recently and wondered whether I should buy it, but I wasn't sure whether I like the texture.

You have lots of giraffes - are there any that have a length between 14 and 16.5 cm? Most are slightly too big for me.

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   50183 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 1:50 am

Applause Applause Wonderful breyer animals. cheers cheers cheers

Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   50183 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 4:38 am

I never had interest in Breyer as I tought it only made horses, but you discovered me new figures that now I wish in my collection! That elk is even better than the Tree House Kids one and now I want it. Also they have a pronghorn that looks like equal or better than the Mojo one. Shamefully both figures are pricey in eBay as I checked Sad

Given the diversity of scales of this brand (in the first photo the bighorn sheep is much bigger than the elk while the elephant is dog-sized), do you know the size of the Breyer's elk and pronghorn?

I absolutely love how thin they made the antlers of the white-tailed buck. Extremely realistic!

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   50183 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 5:05 am

Thank you Susanne, rogerpgvg, Landover, and pardofelis!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], breyer's most common size is "traditional" (1:9) and this is the largest size. The elk, deer, ram, holstein and angus cow (and juvenile black bear) are this size, something like 9-11 inches tall. Here is a link that might explain it better than I can.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Classic size is 1:12, the elephant and cougar are this size.

Then stablemates are smaller still, 1:32 The small farmlife are this size.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   50183 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 5:06 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
Thanks for the photos; good as always. Would you mind showing a close-up photo of the brown and white cow (a Hereford?) I saw it recently and wondered whether I should buy it, but I wasn't sure whether I like the texture.

You have lots of giraffes - are there any that have a length between 14 and 16.5 cm? Most are slightly too big for me.

I will try to investigate for you tomorrow. Stay posted.

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   50183 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 10:17 am

Thanks for the reply :)

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   50183 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 5:12 pm

Wonderful again :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   50183 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 6:52 pm

Classics and one lonely Paddock Pals models.
Arabs and American Thoroughbreds:
War Admiral- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2003
Man O War- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2017-2018
Seabiscuit- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2003
Arab mare- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 1973-1991
Arab stallion- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 1973-1991

Various "mustangs":
Dreamcatcher- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2003
Black leopard appaloosa- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2003
Desert Rose- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2012-2014
Tucson- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2008
Red roan pinto (andalusian mold)- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2006-2008
Sedona- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2008
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] light bay halflinger foal [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2014-2016

More "mustangs", andalusian, etc.:
Blue Roan QH- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 1999-2000
Azure foal- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2012-2014
Andalusian mare- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 1979-1993
Mustang stallion- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 1976-1990
Red dun foal- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2003
Spirit Kiger Mustang- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2002
Rex palomino- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 1965-1985
QH foal- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 1975-1982

Paddock Pals Quarter horse:
QH stallion- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 1984-1988

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   50183 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 6:54 pm

Here are some size comparisons (zoom in on the photo to see the ruler measurements in inches and centimeters). I hope this might help a little.
Traditional sized Elk, classic sized elephant, stablemate sized Hereford bull, and a draft miniwhinnie:

My two tallest classics sized horses and the paddock pals figure:

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   50183 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 7:02 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:

Here is the stablemate bull. I quite like him, the texture is meant to represent that herefords are usually a bit more hairy than other cattle breeds.

As for giraffes, from my collection the only ones that fit between 14 and 16.5 cm are any of the old schleichs from this figure and its family [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Or this figure and its family [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Or this figure and its calf [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Or the CollectA reticulated here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

All the rest of mine are too big. I hope this can give you some choices and benefit you.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   50183 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 7:04 pm

And now that's out of the way... thank you everyone for your comments!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   50183 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 8:07 pm

Applause Applause Applause

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   50183 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 10:31 pm

Thanks a lot! Yes, the Hereford's texture looks quite all right. And thanks for measuring the giraffes, I'll try to find them.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   50183 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 10:38 pm

Thank you andreas!

And no problem rogerpgvg! I'm glad i could help you a little.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   50183 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next