Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo 2019 merino sheep

Go down 
+4
bmathison1972
Megaptera
widukind
Seeway
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Seeway

Seeway

Country/State : Taiwan

papo - Papo 2019 merino sheep Empty
PostSubject: Papo 2019 merino sheep   papo - Papo 2019 merino sheep EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 10:03 am

I found these photos from a Chinese shopping website. From the photos you can see the paint job of the white face is skipped and make the facial colour no different from the wool covering body, which is weird.

Again, the paint job of Papo 2019 is getting even more careless.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 merino sheep   papo - Papo 2019 merino sheep EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 5:18 pm

Nice

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 merino sheep   papo - Papo 2019 merino sheep EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 7:19 pm

That's really a pity. Papo is getting more and more like Schleich. Thankfully, we still have CollectA and Safari Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 merino sheep   papo - Papo 2019 merino sheep EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 8:54 pm

I still plan on getting this for my Synoptic Collection to represent domestic sheep (this and CollectA's Jacob sheep...)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 merino sheep   papo - Papo 2019 merino sheep EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 9:49 pm

It looks not so bad
Back to top Go down
Tove

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 merino sheep   papo - Papo 2019 merino sheep EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 10:14 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
It looks not so bad

It is not so bad. The photos shows it darker and more greyish than the real figure. I have it and I love it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 merino sheep   papo - Papo 2019 merino sheep EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 10:23 pm

Thank you Tove Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Seeway

Seeway

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 merino sheep   papo - Papo 2019 merino sheep EmptyTue Oct 01, 2019 5:35 am

Tove wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
It looks not so bad

It is not so bad. The photos shows it darker and more greyish than the real figure. I have it and I love it. Very Happy

Hi Tove,

It would be great if you could take some photos with more sufficient lighting and show us. I would be very interested. Probably the photos I got are darker.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 merino sheep   papo - Papo 2019 merino sheep EmptyTue Oct 01, 2019 6:59 am

I dont see the issue with the paint job. Real sheep usually have the same color all over when they are white. And this one appears to have some wool growing on the face so it would be the same color. I hope to get mine soon!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 merino sheep   papo - Papo 2019 merino sheep EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 9:23 pm

I am very impressed with this sheep !!! cheers

Perhaps some of the negative comments are due to not understanding about this particular breed of sheep ? Rolling Eyes

Merino sheep are the sort of domestic animal, which has been bred to be extremely different from "normal" sheep like we see in Noway, on the shetland Island ( or used to ) etc,  and of course on wild sheep.
Each hair is extremely thin and soft, and contrery to the original sheep,
Merinos do never shed their fleece, as can be seen HERE study

The way Papo has succeeded to sculpture this unusual wool , is fantastic, and I would never have thought it was possible.Applause

Unfortunately the sheep models were sold out, last time I ordered from Germany, but I got the alpacca cheers
The alpaca has a somewhat similar wool, and as far as I can see, Papo has used the same technique for it, which makes sence Very Happy

It could be great if somebody has got both, and we could see a picture of them together ?? Very Happy

Seeway

Seeway

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 merino sheep   papo - Papo 2019 merino sheep EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 3:36 am

SUSANNE wrote:
I am very impressed with this sheep !!! cheers

Perhaps some of the negative comments are due to not understanding about this particular breed of sheep ? Rolling Eyes

Merino sheep are the sort of domestic animal, which has been bred to be extremely different from "normal" sheep like we see in Noway, on the shetland Island ( or used to ) etc,  and of course on wild sheep.
Each hair is extremely thin and soft, and contrery to the original sheep,
Merinos do never shed their fleece, as can be seen HERE study

The way Papo has succeeded to sculpture this unusual wool , is fantastic, and I would never have thought it was possible.Applause

Unfortunately the sheep models were sold out, last time I ordered from Germany, but I got the alpacca cheers
The alpaca has a somewhat similar wool, and as far as I can see, Papo has used the same technique for it, which makes sence Very Happy

It could be great if somebody has got both, and we could see a picture of them together ?? Very Happy

Here are the photos of both, EXCEPT I've retouched the Merino's face a bit whiter than the original and I've made a little stain on Alpaca's feet.
I wish I could photograph with a single lens camera to show more detailed texture of the wool but I only have a mobile phone.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 merino sheep   papo - Papo 2019 merino sheep EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 8:13 am

Thankyou very much, dear Seeway cheers

So the texture of their furs are quite different and enormously well done  Applause  Applause  Very Happy

Again Papo has done it, and made models  which I will remember as the best of all !!!

Your retouching of the ram makes him even more great  I love you

Seeway

Seeway

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 merino sheep   papo - Papo 2019 merino sheep EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 11:02 am

You're welcome, Susanne.

The making of their fur seems similar but do look different in comparison side by side.
Thank you for the liking of the retouching.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 merino sheep   papo - Papo 2019 merino sheep Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo 2019 merino sheep
Page 1 of 1