Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My first homemade model!

Go down 
+17
spacelab
SUSANNE
Duck-Anch-Amun
Caracal
landrover
bmathison1972
signatus
Roger
Shanti
bjarki12
Kikimalou
Saarlooswolfhound
pipsxlch
lucky luke
rogerpgvg
widukind
Pardofelis
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

My first homemade model! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first homemade model!   My first homemade model! - Page 6 EmptyMon 17 Feb 2020 - 22:15

rogerpgvg wrote:

Go on, don't be shy, we want to see it!

Advicot wrote:
You never mentioned you had done a partridge Isidro! I would also love to see it. bounce

OK, sorry for the delay, here is it. As I said, not an especially charming model, just a rather small and simple figure, but of an obscure species that I love.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: My first homemade model!   My first homemade model! - Page 6 EmptyMon 17 Feb 2020 - 22:29

Not charming? I disagree. His rounded shape makes him rather cute.

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My first homemade model!   My first homemade model! - Page 6 EmptyMon 17 Feb 2020 - 22:43

Yes, yes, what I mean is that it have plain colors, plain shape, plain texture. It's almost like a cartoon partridge.

But the real animal have the same plain features!

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My first homemade model!   My first homemade model! - Page 6 EmptyTue 18 Feb 2020 - 8:11

OHHH! WOOOOW drunken cheers

You have magic fingers cheers

Now, it just struck me : Why hasen't any of " The Brands" made a goldfinch ?
It is one of the most gorgeous birds outside tropical areas Very Happy

pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: My first homemade model!   My first homemade model! - Page 6 EmptyWed 19 Feb 2020 - 1:15

I love the clown knife, and the paintjob on that slender sunfish- wow!

But I love the picture with your splendid marbled cat and bay cat- looks like the bay cat is stunned by the marbled's halitosis! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My first homemade model!   My first homemade model! - Page 6 EmptySun 1 Mar 2020 - 8:18

All my homemades together for a group shoot Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: My first homemade model!   My first homemade model! - Page 6 EmptySun 1 Mar 2020 - 10:18

A very beautiful museum of rareties!! cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: My first homemade model!   My first homemade model! - Page 6 EmptySun 1 Mar 2020 - 10:23

ABSALOUTLEY PHENOMENAL! It's AMAZING! Your craftsmanship for models is out of tis world. cheers cheers cheers

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: My first homemade model!   My first homemade model! - Page 6 EmptySun 1 Mar 2020 - 11:20

These are brilliant. To have the talent to be able to make a figure that isn't available to buy - or to improve on ones that are - must be fantastic...a collectors magic trick Laughing Laughing!

Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My first homemade model!   My first homemade model! - Page 6 EmptySun 1 Mar 2020 - 12:29

hahah, thanks everybody! :) and Steve yes you're totally right, the only way of get your desired figures when they don't exist is making your own ones Very Happy

Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: My first homemade model!   My first homemade model! - Page 6 EmptySun 1 Mar 2020 - 12:36

Beautiful!!
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: My first homemade model!   My first homemade model! - Page 6 EmptySun 1 Mar 2020 - 13:55

That's amazing, indeed.

I especially love the hornbill, the drill, the great bustard, the silky anteater...

As a birdwatcher I appreciate you made a few European birds like the bustard, the wallcreeper and the red-breasted goose, and I think you should make a pied avocet with the same mould you used for the Australian one. That's a good thing you do not only make mammal figures but also very small fishes, birds, reptiles, amphibians and even insects. You truly are a species collector !

Did you repaint your Schleich leopard and your Mojo Iberian lynx ? They both look better than the originals.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My first homemade model!   My first homemade model! - Page 6 EmptySun 1 Mar 2020 - 14:03

Unbelievable :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: My first homemade model!   My first homemade model! - Page 6 EmptySun 1 Mar 2020 - 16:01

Tell me Pardo, which brand is this serval from ? Looks perfect sizewise, contrary to Safari's.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My first homemade model!   My first homemade model! - Page 6 EmptySun 1 Mar 2020 - 21:20

RtasVadumee wrote:
That's amazing, indeed.

I especially love the hornbill, the drill, the great bustard, the silky anteater...

As a birdwatcher I appreciate you made a few European birds like the bustard, the wallcreeper and the red-breasted goose, and I think you should make a pied avocet with the same mould you used for the Australian one. That's a good thing you do not only make mammal figures but also very small fishes, birds, reptiles, amphibians and even insects. You truly are a species collector !

Did you repaint your Schleich leopard and your Mojo Iberian lynx ? They both look better than the originals.

Yes, I'm European too so I know better these species. I did an Australian avocet because it's my favourite of the four avocet species and I don't want to make a pied avocet that is a too boring, too well known, or too uncharming species for my taste, overall when I already have the Australian one, as much I would do an Andean one but not a pied. I can't use the same mould for another figure, each one is done from zero.
Yes I try to have wide representation of lesser known groups and for that I did some fishes, starfishes, insects, mollusks and even an echiuran. I love weird things Very Happy
Both the leopard and the lynx are repainted by me. Many of my figures are, tough for many only a little retouch was done. I've posted photos of the "after and before" of these two in the forum. The springbok in the photo was repainted too, but, after taking that photo.

The serval is Kaiyodo, from Wild Rush set. It was my first Japanese figure (well, one of my first as it came together with others). And its perfect in size compared with big cats but is too small when compared with some smaller cats such as the Kaiyodo Iriomote cat or the papo ocelot. But as I've comented when I presented this serval to the forum, one tends to soften the acceptance of divergent scales... now I like my serval despite being as big as my giant fennec Razz

Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: My first homemade model!   My first homemade model! - Page 6 EmptySun 1 Mar 2020 - 23:55

I really don't understand why you find our European avocet boring and uncharming, I am shocked. I think it's a gorgeous bird I love watching and photographing in Brittany's salt marshes, one of my favourite birds for sure.

I know I can be annoying always asking for comparison pics but could you please take a photo of this serval next to Papo ocelot ? And what are the other figures included in this set ?

I recommend you the Papo fennec which is tinier than CollectA's.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My first homemade model!   My first homemade model! - Page 6 EmptyMon 2 Mar 2020 - 18:41

Don't intrepret me wrong, the pied avocet is beautiful, but less amazing than the other three species of avocet, maybe because it's too well known.
For the fennec I would like Eikoh that is good in size but expensive and difficult to find.

I rescued these pics from other of my threads in the forum, if they're not enough for you I will take a photo with the ocelot.

Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: My first homemade model!   My first homemade model! - Page 6 EmptyMon 2 Mar 2020 - 21:58

It is well-known but it is also familiar ! When I was a child, I went to southern Brittany's salt marshes every summer on holidays and spent hours watching avocets and stilts with their chicks. I grew up with these birds and they mean a lot to me !

Yes, thanks for those pics, but it would be very kind of you to take a picture with the ocelot Very Happy (but I can already assume the ocelot will be too large).

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My first homemade model!   My first homemade model! - Page 6 EmptyMon 2 Mar 2020 - 22:31

OK, cat kiss for you!  cat  cat

Since you have collecting tastes quite similar to mines, I would love to see your collection Very Happy

I forgot to reply you about the other pieces of the Wild Rush series. They're a white rhinoceros, a lion, a plains zebra and a shoebill. The shoebill is quite interesting for me, much smaller than CollectA's, I would love to have it. The big mammals are all quite small for western brand style.

Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: My first homemade model!   My first homemade model! - Page 6 EmptyMon 2 Mar 2020 - 22:42

Thanks !

Yes... I should take pictures of my collection but it represents a huge work and I need to be in my parent's house to do it since that's where my collection is (I still live in a small "student's" flat where I have no place to put my collection which has to stay in storage boxes at my parents'... That's a big regret of mine Crying or Very sad )

Anyway, my collection may be of little interest for most of you guys, since I have only stuff from the major brands (nothing very rare of difficult to obtain).

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My first homemade model!   My first homemade model! - Page 6 EmptyTue 3 Mar 2020 - 20:57

RtasVadumee wrote:
Thanks !

Yes... I should take pictures of my collection but it represents a huge work and I need to be in my parent's house to do it since that's where my collection is (I still live in a small "student's" flat where I have no place to put my collection which has to stay in storage boxes at my parents'... That's a big regret of mine Crying or Very sad )

Anyway, my collection may be of little interest for most of you guys, since I have only stuff from the major brands (nothing very rare of difficult to obtain).

No, no ! You do not need to have impressive rarities in order to have a great collection to show cheers cheers

lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: My first homemade model!   My first homemade model! - Page 6 EmptySun 5 Apr 2020 - 15:56

Caracal wrote:
A very beautiful museum of rareties!! cheers cheers Applause

Very Happy cheers Applause Applause Applause drunken
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first homemade model!   My first homemade model! - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

My first homemade model!
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6