Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases

Go down 
+26
arafan
jtoddthree@gmail.com
endogenylove
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
halichoeres
burton70
NightLioness
LukaLeon085
Taos
Tove
costicuba
SUSANNE
Caracal
Deanmo19
pipsxlch
Roger
Advicot
Bowhead Whale
bmathison1972
CWGross
Ravonium
Tupolew Tu-154
Pardofelis
Megaptera
aschuck
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases EmptyWed Jan 01, 2020 1:43 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, I know it's probably way to early to be thinking of this, but what exactly do you all want to see for 2021? I am just thinking that some of you would be thinking: What? 2021? That's impossible! Well, not if you're making a wishes for 2021 topic. Anyway, what are your thoughts on figures for the coming year? I mean future figures? I'd love to hear your ideas. Also, the AAA Alpaca is coming soon, so you'll all get to see pictures soon. Well, that's all the news, so I'll keep you informed if there's more. In the meantime, what are your wishes?

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases EmptyWed Jan 01, 2020 10:24 am

I want to see a Arapaima and also some more beautiful models, Safari has done in the last few years.
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases EmptyWed Jan 01, 2020 12:43 pm

I want to get the Colorata arapaima instead wait for western brands to make a new one hehehe

I need desperately a good Missisippi paddlefish with wide open mouth. I think Safari will be the best brand for such model, due to their good talent with sharks and for being a North American species. I also would love if Collecta do a Beira and a dibatag. And a new Papo kudu replacing the older one - but this time, with symmetrical well done horns! Of course, Safari muuuuuuuust re-release their retired Malayan tapir Very Happy and I hope that some Japanese brand do an accurate and to-scale Slender sunfish!!!

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 5:02 am

Yes, why not? Some brands produce one year before, so 2020 the 2021 figures.
Here are my wishes:

North america wildlife:

Southern flying squirrel (Assapan). A common animal there, so we need a figure (we have only the WW big one)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Mythology:

Orc

Giant

Gegenees (six armed greek giant)

Zombie (we only have the Toob)

Vampire

Mutant

Mummy

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 1:28 pm

Top 5 wishes for each line:

Wings of the World:
-Crane (any species, though seeing as it's a US species, I would especially be interested in a whooping crane)
-Hornbill (either ground hornbill species or great Indian hornbill (Kaiyodo version of the latter is nice, but too small for my preferences))
-Bearded vulture
-Kea
-Kakapo

North American Wildlife:
-White-nosed coati
-I second the suggestion of a southern flying squirrel
-Re-release of retired mountain goat
-American mink
-Nine-banded armadillo

Wild Safari Sealife:
-Goblin shark
-Ornate wobbegong
-Swell shark
-Right whale dolphin (either species)
-Spinner dolphin

Wild Safari Wildlife:
-Amazonian river dolphin
-Woolly spider monkey (either species)
-Bonobo
-Indri
-Larger version of the toob Gelada baboon

Wild Safari Prehistoric World:
-Cryolophosaurus
-Armadillosuchus
-Utahraptor
-Pinacosaurus
-Helicoprion

(a.k.a. Badger, on the ATF)

Last edited by Ravonium on Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:35 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Added signature)
Back to top Go down
CWGross

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases EmptyTue Jan 14, 2020 4:29 am

My wishlist is always, always, a Columbian mammoth in ~1/24 scale (scaled to the Carnegie woolly mammoth and Wild Safari mastodon). I'd also love a proper short-faced bear. After that is just wild fantasy about stag moose and different types of giant sloths besides Megatherium.

For extant wildlife, a bighorn sheep and mountain goat would be good for the Wild Safari line. I wouldn't mind a bowhead whale in Monterey Bay Aquarium scale, which is slightly larger than Wild Safari... the Monterey Bay humpback whale actually scales more accurately with ~1/24ish than humpbacks by other companies. However, a beluga whale in Wild Safari scale would be more accurate, so let's throw that in there too.
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Does anyone have this list?   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases EmptyTue Jan 14, 2020 6:50 pm

Dear Sts Friends: Hey, Does anyone have a complete list of modern extinct animals anywhere, because I think I might have several extinct species in my collection, but I'm not sure where to put them. So, the question is: If I do have modern extinct animals, where do they go? I'm only asking all of you because I've looked online, and there just isn't a complete list out there. If you can help with this dilemma, it would be much appreciated.

thanks,

Aschuck
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases EmptyTue Jan 14, 2020 7:39 pm

Ravonium wrote:
Top 5 wishes for each line:

Wings of the World:
-Crane (any species, though seeing as it's a US species, I would especially be interested in a whooping crane)
-Hornbill (either ground hornbill species or great Indian hornbill (Kaiyodo version of the latter is nice, but too small for my preferences))
-Bearded vulture
-Kea
-Kakapo

North American Wildlife:
-White-nosed coati
-I second the suggestion of a southern flying squirrel
-Re-release of retired mountain goat
-American mink
-Nine-banded armadillo

Wild Safari Sealife:
-Goblin shark
-Ornate wobbegong
-Swell shark
-Right whale dolphin (either species)
-Spinner dolphin

Wild Safari Wildlife:
-Amazonian river dolphin
-Woolly spider monkey (either species)
-Bonobo
-Indri
-Larger version of the toob Gelada baboon

Wild Safari Prehistoric World:
-Cryolophosaurus
-Armadillosuchus
-Utahraptor
-Pinacosaurus
-Helicoprion

I am with you on hornbill, coati, bonobo, and armadillo. I few of us have suggested coati this year.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases EmptyTue Jan 14, 2020 8:41 pm

What I wish to be made? Well…

MYTHOLOGY
1- TARASQUE. It's a french dragon that has the body of a tortoise with spikes, a flat humanish-lionish face, six short reptilian legs and a long, spiky tail.

2- YALE. You can see statues of it in England, being the emblem of Beaufort. It has a white horse body and head with gold spots, the hooves and tail of a goat, a goat beard, tusks like those of a boar and swivelling, curved horns. Statues show it with one horn pointing to the front and one horn pointing to the back.

3- AMPHISBEANA. It is a large snake with a head on each end. It could switch from back to forth with no problem when moving.

4- KI-LIN. It is a chinese animal. It has the head of a chinese dragon, but its body is this of a goat. It has fish scales all over its body, a puffy tail and golden hooves.

OCEAN
1- BRYDE'S WHALE. It is in the baleanopteridae family. It has three crests on its upper jaw.

2- PYGMY RIGHT WHALE. The rarest of all baleen whales; has been filmed only in 1967. It has a throat like a grey whale and a dorsal fin.

3- SEI WHALE. Or Boreal Baleanopteridae. Looks like a fin whale, but is a little smaller and lives in the Arctic.

Does it do as a wish list? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: New Info, It's not much, but it's all we have, for now.   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 5:06 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Today, I learned that Safari has made plans for 2021 figures. No info as to what those figures actually are, but that's normal, for them and us, I guess. Anyway, I told them about some of your/our suggestions, and the girl I talked to said that she would pass them on to product development. Not sure what that means at this point. Like I said, it's a little too early to tell what's going on, but we'll see what they do. You never know. I mean, they might surprise us. I would say, at least in quality, their figures are pulling ahead in the race against schleich. Does anyone else feel this way about Safari figures? Just wondering. Anyway, we'll all keep our fingers crossed that they do something really good. Anyway, you get what I'm saying, right? I mean, in the meantime, we can always dream of what we'd like them to come out with, but at this point, it's a little too early to tell. Anyway, if any news of what's new comes our way, then don't worry, I'm sure somebody will post about it somewhere. Well, that's the latest, so I'll keep you posted.

Aschuck
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 4:29 pm

Just a question [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] did you copy my idea on the ATF as I posted an extremely similar thread for all major brand suggestions?

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: I didn't copy anyone's idea   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 5:50 pm

Dear Sts Friends:

Okay, so, whoever posted that question about their idea being "copied" I wasn't intending for this topic to be about, or like, the one on ATF. It was only a simple wish list. It's meant to be a "Wishes for 2021" Thread. There, is that clear enough? Hope so, because I did not mean to copy any one's idea here. I was just messing around, just experimenting. Okay? Anyway, you get my point, right? Oh well, if anyone reads this, I'm sure they'll understand. Anyway, nothing new as of yet from Safari. That's to be expected though, right? I also learned that the product folks are indeed taking our suggestions in to consideration, so that's good. Well, that's all the news for now. Thanks for understanding about my idea for this topic.

See you all later,

Aschuck
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 6:09 pm

Ok, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I understand. The main thing is that major brands take our ideas into consideration. Very Happy

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 6:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: given than your thread was published four days later than this one, one have more reasons to think that is you who copied Aschuck than the reverse Wink

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 10:40 pm

Laughing Laughing Guys, that is giving me a good laugh!
There is no copied topics. This kind of threads are as old as these boards and every year we find new topics for suggestions. It is also perfectly natural that we find the same subjects discussed here and on ATF once we are similar foruns and some members are the same.
I am happy that Safari keeps taking our suggestions in consideration. In my opinion, Safari Ltd, in terms of quality, was the best of the major brands during the last two years.

aschuck

PostSubject: Bird Skulls Toob: Any thoughts?   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 1:21 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Today, I called Safari up, and asked if they are going to be doing a Birds Skulls toob or something. The answer was basically: We'll think about it. Anyway, what do you all think? Is it a good idea? And here's a nice twist: A cretaceous Toob too. Now that one could be really cool, because they could have better prehistoric life in that one, although I don't know what it would look like. Well,, if you have any other thoughts on all this, then let me know.

Oh yeah, and by the way, whose figures won the survey thingy? Because I heard something about a mermaid toob, or something, and I wanted varification from you guys, before looking in to it further.

Bye for now.

Aschuck
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 2:46 am

I'll repeat my idea from the '20 thread, an Incredible Creatures Darwin's moth with an Angraecum sesquipedale orchid base.
Back to top Go down
Deanmo19

Country/State : United States/Florida

PostSubject: Ideas for Safari 2021   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases EmptyMon Feb 03, 2020 10:08 pm

Mine are:

Prehistoric World:

Protoceratops
Oviraptor
Utahraptor
Deinosuchus
Basilosaurus
Titanoboa
Paraceratherium
Palaeoloxodon Namadicus

Wonderful Wildlife:

Red Kangaroo
Ostrich

Incredible Creatures:

Short-Beaked Echidna
Arapaima
Electric Eel
Gharial

North American Wildlife:

Gray Fox
Red Wolf

Wild Safari Wildlife:

Bongo
Brazilian Tapir
Red River Hog
Emu

Wings of the World:

Thick-Billed Parrot

Wild Safari Sea Life:

Commerson's Dolphin
Sandbar Shark

Farm Life:

Kunekune Pig

Mythical Realms:

Kraken
Loch Ness Monster
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Hey, that moth was my idea.   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 5:36 pm

Dear Sts friends:

Well, as the subject line of this post states, that moth thingy was my idea. It's okay, though, if someone else uses it for whatever they want. Either way, if Safari made that figure in Incredible creatures format, that would be such a great addition to my collection. Also, I have some news, regarding the AAA section of things: I am selling some of my AAA figures, just a few, so now the total is 159, or thereabouts, so that's the latest. No new additions as far as AAA land is concerned, but I am planning to place an order with Veghead some time.

Also, does anyone know what a Titanoboa looks like? Just wondering, because that's a prehistoric figure that I'm vaguely familiar with, but I don't have an accurate model of. So my question is: Does it look like a sort of prehistoric snake, or something? Anyway, if one of you could give me a general description that would help a lot. Man, if Safari made a Titanoboa, depending on what it looked like, then I might consider buying it. Also, I second the motion for a Safari Kraken, and Loch ness monster. Well, that's all the news for now.

See you later,

Aschuck
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 7:55 pm

I saw a few years ago a good documentary moovie about Titanoboa. At this early tertiar epoch (maybe Eocen I don't remember exactly) the climate of South America was so hot and wet that these Boas were growing faster to reach spectacular size (10 to 15 m in lenght!) In my remember they looked like gigantic anacondas.. :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 9:50 pm

I just saw the idea of a Missisippi paddlefish , and googeled it , and affraid  THAT is indeed an incredible creature bounce cheers Applause Applause Applause

Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 11:24 pm

Titanoboa is a true boa, so yes, it should look like a snake. However, the only fossil remains was few vertebra, and the estimation of size is by extrapolation of the size of these vertebra compared to actual boas. So just imagine a very very big modern boa of unknown colour, and you will have a Titanoboa.

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Titanoboa Doesn't sound very interesting to me.   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases EmptyTue Feb 11, 2020 3:57 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, I must say that Titanoboa would certainly be an interesting figure, for some of you, but for my collection, it just wouldn't fit in. I mean, I like dinosaurs and prehistoric, but there are certain species of dinosaurs and prehistoric creatures that I don't collect. It's the same with the plastic figure brands: I don't collect CollectA at all. Don't know why that is. Anyway, my point is that Titanoboa probably won't fit in my prehistoric collection. I did, however, manage to get the Safari Ichthyosaurus, deinonychus, and Shringosaurus figures, all of which I liked a lot. So really it depends on the prehistoric species, and what they look like. So if Safari comes out with a titanoboa, please understand that I will consider it as a sort of future purchase, but for now, my answer is: I'll consider it. In other words, Maybe.

Hope you all understand this letter, and my point of view. Also, there's some news from AAA land: I found a place called beakersworld.com, and they sell AAA under the name of Mamejo, so I'm planning to order from them at the end of the month. I'll be sure and share the pictures of the new figures with you when they arrive. And I guess that's all the news for now anyway.

Thanks,

Aschuck
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: 2021 news? Nothing yet.   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 3:55 pm

Dear Sts Friends:

Okay, I'm not really sure what to say here, so I'll just write something. Anyway, Safari says that they won't know anything about the new releases until October of 2020. That's all we know for now.

Aschuck
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 6:04 pm

As far as I remeber, Safari is the only brand that makes truely wonderful new dogs these days, and I hope they read this  Applause Applause
Thankyou, Safari ! Lots of compliments for that flower  sunny

Now that we have seen their Poodle and Great Dane , I know they can make both slender dogs, and furry dogs, so my largest hope is : Please a Saluki like my Fidda  I love you

Here is my darling Fidda

The picture below is borrowed from the internet, as it is impossible for me to make Fidda stand still  Laughing

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next