Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!

Go down 
+47
JonasV
Seijun
cattlecollector
SyLoBe
weaselfan93
Gulogulo76
Tyler Loew
almisi43
Steve170
Sergey
Kiryuha
Defteros
MartinH
Metallisuchus
Tupolew Tu-154
SeanieP
Loy'z
Andy DC
scot(t)
Saarlooswolfhound
Mastiffcat
lucky luke
Silver Unicornis
Taos
bojan
AlienMantis
Ana
SommoDracorex
diversity
widukind
STORMnl
Kikimalou
K907
ToxicHyena
Takama
skysthelimit
bmathison1972
ken yeo
Deseo
trevok4
sphyrna18
baltimore zoo
Roger
SUSANNE
Joan Milelire
Wildheart
ze_neto
51 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
ze_neto

ze_neto

Country/State : Brasil

Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last! Empty
PostSubject: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last! EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 11:23 am

Last night I left the following message at Safari's Facebook page:
Hello. Any news about 2013 collection?
They answered:
Thanks for asking Jose. We think it is a spectacular collection for 2013. It will be officially unveiled in the late Fall season.

Even the saints have been known to employ comedy to ridicule the enemies of the faith. For example, when the pagans plunged Saint Maurus into the boiling water, he complained that his bath was cold. The Sultan put his hand in and scalded himself. William de Baskerville.
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last! EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 11:54 am

That's around the time of my birthday. This year's collection was boring...

Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last! EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 3:35 pm

ze_neto wrote:
They answered:
Thanks for asking Jose. We think it is a spectacular collection for 2013. It will be officially unveiled in the late Fall season.

Ah, so you're Jose M Neto! I just answered to your question too. Safari words are exciting!

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last! EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 3:48 pm

Yesss ! A new series of prehistoric mammals bounce bounce Laughing

ze_neto

ze_neto

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last! EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 5:48 pm

Yes, that's me Joan. Sorry, I can't say hello in catalan and I wouldn't dare to say it in spanish... so, let me use my native portuguese: Oi! Laughing
Abu Rai wrote:
ze_neto wrote:
They answered:

Ah, so you're Jose M Neto! I just answered to your question too. Safari words are exciting!

Even the saints have been known to employ comedy to ridicule the enemies of the faith. For example, when the pagans plunged Saint Maurus into the boiling water, he complained that his bath was cold. The Sultan put his hand in and scalded himself. William de Baskerville.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last! EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 8:24 pm

Thanks Grandson Joseph! Wink
I believe it is not bleuf from Safari. The collection of 2012 was so poor that I'm convinced that they delaied some projects to 2013 to show them with a longer development time and better quality! That's the CollectA/Mojo effect! Come on Safari, surprise us, that's it what we want! bounce bounce bounce

ze_neto

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last! EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 9:20 pm

You're welcome, Roger! Very Happy
I hope you're right. I've been collecting those brands for about six years, and I'd never seen such poor collections like Safari's or Schleich's. Safari used to be my faborite brand, and such a daring one! It gave us the quetzal, the aardvark!
I'd be more than pleased if it releases opossum and pangolim in smaller scales.
Roger wrote:
Thanks Grandson Joseph! Wink
I believe it is not bleuf from Safari. The collection of 2012 was so poor that I'm convinced that they delaied some projects to 2013 to show them with a longer development time and better quality! That's the CollectA/Mojo effect! Come on Safari, surprise us, that's it what we want! bounce bounce bounce

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last! EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 9:48 pm

ze_neto wrote:

... Safari used to be my faborite brand, and such a daring one! It gave us the quetzal, the aardvark!

Have they made a quetzal affraid

Do you have it ????? bounce bounce drunken

ze_neto

ze_neto

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last! EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 11:28 pm

Yes, they did, Susanne. It's part of Exotic birds toob. It's a very good replica.
Check it out:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SUSANNE wrote:
ze_neto wrote:

... Safari used to be my faborite brand, and such a daring one! It gave us the quetzal, the aardvark!

Have they made a quetzal affraid

Do you have it ????? bounce bounce drunken

Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last! EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:44 am

Safari(As well as Papo) was horrible. They're only saving grace was the WW Wolf!
Safari needs to rebound with some better figures!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last! EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 11:31 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
Safari(As well as Papo) was horrible. They're only saving grace was the WW Wolf!

In all fainess we must remember that Papo made some fabulous dogs this year Wink

And I still adore the oryx and love the reindeer, the latter esp when repaited bu Anna Rolling Eyes
The chestnut thoroughbreds are nice also, even if they are only new colours....and the wild piggies...and the mufflon is nice also. The doe has a better colour now, the baby t-rex´es are lovely,
All in all I think the word "horrible" is too strong about Papo this year IMHO Laughing

sphyrna18

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last! EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 11:38 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
baltimore zoo wrote:

In all fainess we must remember that Papo made some fabulous dogs this year Wink

And I still adore the oryx and love the reindeer, the latter esp when repaited bu Anna Rolling Eyes
The chestnut thoroughbreds are nice also, even if they are only new colours....and the wild piggies...and the mufflon is nice also. The doe has a better colour now, the baby t-rex´es are lovely,
All in all I think the word "horrible" is too strong about Papo this year IMHO Laughing

Let's not forget, either, that both Safari and Papo also released some pretty good looking dinosaurs this year, as well as their fantasy lines. Safari also did the Incredible Creatures, which weren't the most exciting, but they were solid productions. They have to be able to pay the bills to continue making anything at all, so they do what all businesses do: focus on what they know will sell and anything else they do is a bonus. Just because you do not collect a particular type of animal or a specific line does not mean that the output was "horrible." It means they didn't focus on what you wished they had. That implies that at present, the mainstream market isn't interested in the same things you are as a whole. That doesn't mean the releases are "horrible," they just aren't your niche. I, too, was disappointed by the output of the big three this year, but that really isn't their problem. It's mine. Since all are still in business, we can assume their business strategies worked. Mojo and CollectA produced some very nice figures this year, with which I have been very pleased, and hopefully we'll see them grow, as well, but we all need to keep in mind that as they grow, they will need profits that grow as well, and unfortunately, the collectors' market is a very small part of their income. I remember speaking to someone at Safari a long time ago and they said there are a lot of animals they would really like to produce, but there is absolutely no market for them. They would lose a lot of money producing the figures if they didn't sell , and that would close them down.

And by the way, I thought the new Safari Deer were fine examples of Southern Whitetail Deer. Even here in Pennsylvania we have some Whitetails that are almost carrot orange, especially in Spring and Summer, and that color is pretty common in the south. The standard muddy grey or brown is a more northern color in general. Also, the crisp lines are dead-on accurate for Whitetails, which do not have much, if any, transition zones. I've seen several deer this summer alone that could have been these replicas come to life. They splayed legs suck - no two ways about it, as do the numbers (which make no sense at all being printed there), but propped on a rock, the figures have a pretty natural pose. It makes sense that Safari would make Southern Deer coloration, as well: they're located in Miami, FL. It's like their Coyote. Perfect replica of an Eastern Coyote/Red Wolf (both of which are actually coyotes with wolf ancestry). I'm not crazy about the leg situation, but overall, nothing "horrible" about that figure either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last! EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 8:07 am

Since I mainly collect the Wildlife Series(And Wildlife Wonders) of Safari (Plus Papo and a few CollectA),
"horrible" is not descriptive enough, I think atrocious is better!
Sorry, fellow collectors, but I was very dissatisfied with this years overall assortments of the lines I collect.
As said, before, hopefully 2013' will be a rebound year! Thank goodness, DC Direct's Batman Arkham Asylum and Batman Arkham City figures, and Hasbro Vintage Star Wars figures were nice additions to my collection!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last! EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 8:20 am

Well roared, Sphyrna cheers

And very, very interesting for me to read about the variations in colour of the American species...I don`t collect Safari, but now, (un?)fortunately, it seems that those new deer entered my wishlist rendeer Laughing

Balti, I hope next year will make you happy also Wink
Good that you found something you like. It is always good to have more than one basket for your eggs sunny

baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last! EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 8:49 am

As far as animal figs, this year I added CollectA Striped Hyena and Red River Hog, and Safari WW Wolf. That was it.
I really love my new Batman Arkham series(You al should check them out, especially the Deluxe Mr. Freeze!) and my Star Wars Vintage figures(Only new figures from the original movies).
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last! EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 9:55 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
Since I mainly collect the Wildlife Series(And Wildlife Wonders) of Safari (Plus Papo and a few CollectA),
"horrible" is not descriptive enough, I think atrocious is better!
Sorry, fellow collectors, but I was very dissatisfied with this years overall assortments of the lines I collect.
As said, before, hopefully 2013' will be a rebound year! Thank goodness, DC Direct's Batman Arkham Asylum and Batman Arkham City figures, and Hasbro Vintage Star Wars figures were nice additions to my collection!!!!!!!

That's awesome to hear about the Arkham Asylum & Batman Arkham City figures - they have looked very tempting. I may eventually have to pick some of them up. I've been collecting the S.H. MonsterArts Godzilla figures this year. They are really nice - & finally the monsters are in relative scale to one another! However, man are they bank-busters. The King Ghidorah alone is gonna set a body back $125 whoppers! Pretty outrageous.

As for your other comment about the 2012 releases, I'm not even gonna touch it other than to say I'm sure the figure designers & production teams are sorry you feel that way.
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last! EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:05 am

SUSANNE wrote:

And very, very interesting for me to read about the variations in colour of the American species...I don`t collect Safari, but now, (un?)fortunately, it seems that those new deer entered my wishlist rendeer Laughing

Good that you found something you like. It is always good to have more than one basket for your eggs sunny

Thank you Susanne :) it is quite true that many animals have a wide color variation depending on locale. For my money, I'd say the 2012 whitetails are very nicely done figures of southeastern whitetails (not Key Deer, a separate subspecies of whitetail found in the FL everglades & Keys). Whitetails vary from mouse grey to carrot orange and chestnust brown. They are extremely variable, but most have the bright white undersides as portrayed on these figures. Their posture is a little awkward, but not uncommon when they are seen standing along the side of the road. :)

If you get a chance, I say grab 'em. They're actually pretty good.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last! EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:38 am

sphyrna18 wrote:

it is quite true that many animals have a wide color variation depending on locale. For my money, I'd say the 2012 whitetails are very nicely done figures of southeastern whitetails (not Key Deer, a separate subspecies of whitetail found in the FL everglades & Keys). Whitetails vary from mouse grey to carrot orange and chestnust brown. They are extremely variable, but most have the bright white undersides as portrayed on these figures. Their posture is a little awkward, but not uncommon when they are seen standing along the side of the road. :)

You have so many kinds of wild deer in USA, I don`t know half of them rendeer
The times I was in USA , unfortunatley I had no time for going off road Crying or Very sad

Laughing Laughing grab èm, - now you know why, fortunately, my not-collection of Safari is growing !!! clown

baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last! EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 6:25 pm

Syphrna18,
If you more of a traditional Batman fan, you'll really like the the AA and AC figures! DC Direct does an awesome job with detail and scale(Bane and Killer Croc are much bigger than the others, and the Mad Hatter is smaller to the other figures)!
The companies don't feel sorry that I feel that way, they're just sorry that I didn't spend money on their inferior 2012' figures!
Back to top Go down
trevok4

trevok4

Country/State : london UK

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last! EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 3:09 pm

i hope to see
CARNIGIE COLLECTION
Deinonychus
Einiosaurus
WILDLIFE WONDERS
Ostrich
Brown bears
WILDSAFARI
Hippo male
Hippo female
Hippo calf
Chimpanzee male
Chimpanzee baby
Mandrill male
Mandrill female with baby
Mandrill baby
FOREST
Grizzley bear
Grizzley bear cub
Buck
Doe
Fawn
FARM
Hereford bull
HORSES
Gypsy vanner mare
Gypsy vanner foal

RETIRED
grey and red spinosaurus
hippo
hippo calf
grizzley bear
buck
doe
fawn
Back to top Go down
Deseo

Deseo

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last! EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 5:01 pm

I hope they draw a bit more attention to painting of the figurines in 2013. This year those Golden Retrievers were horrible in painting. I think a five-years-old child could do it better. Sad
Luckily I got two of those adult Goldens so I could paint the other one myself.

ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last! EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 6:17 am

Deseo wrote:
I hope they draw a bit more attention to painting of the figurines in 2013. This year those Golden Retrievers were horrible in painting. I think a five-years-old child could do it better. Sad
Luckily I got two of those adult Goldens so I could paint the other one myself.

I think the painting needs to improve too! I only found their painting good on Dinosaur & Wild life Wonder.

Wishllist 2013

Wild life Safari
a new tiger just like wild life wonder
Hippo male
Chimpanzee male
Chimpanzee Baby

Forest life
Grizzly bear

Wild life wonder
Oryx

Dog
English Mastiff

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last! EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 1:26 am

Safari's 'species selection' may have been poor last year but their quality gets better and better. As a professional biologist, I believe they are among the most accurate (but I'd never consider a baby rabbit or chipmunk an 'Incredible Creature-LOL) Razz

sphyrna18 wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

Thank you Susanne :) it is quite true that many animals have a wide color variation depending on locale. For my money, I'd say the 2012 whitetails are very nicely done figures of southeastern whitetails (not Key Deer, a separate subspecies of whitetail found in the FL everglades & Keys). Whitetails vary from mouse grey to carrot orange and chestnust brown. They are extremely variable, but most have the bright white undersides as portrayed on these figures. Their posture is a little awkward, but not uncommon when they are seen standing along the side of the road. :)

Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last! EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 10:35 am

One post from LG member - "I checked the September newsletter and it says that they made a Wildlife Wonders cheetah for 2013." Anyone checked this info?

trevok4

trevok4

Country/State : london UK

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last! EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 5:16 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
One post from LG member - "I checked the September newsletter and it says that they made a Wildlife Wonders cheetah for 2013." Anyone checked this info?

whats LG and was there a picture of the cheetah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last! Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Safari Ltd.-
Jump to: