Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison

Go down 
+5
Pardofelis
Caracal
Roger
SUSANNE
RtasVadumee
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 11:43 am

Great picture cheers

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 4:59 pm

Thanks to you all for these useful pictures!.. I know now that Southland thylacine is too big.. :)
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 5:22 pm

Roger wrote:
Now monotremes! These two are in 1:12 scale or they would result too small but they work nicely with all other Southlands figures.
Schleich never made a monotreme and there is no echidna among all other major comapnies so I am using a rodent. Wink

Papo and Southlands platypuses
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Southlands short-beaked echidna and Schleich Indian crested porcupine

Oh wow never realized that echidna looked so nice! Need to order one.... I love you

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 10:10 pm

Actually there isn't anything lascivious in my picture of the red kangaroos. To me they just look like they are dancing and the Mother is protecting her joey.
I mean really that comparison pictures can be very deceptive when the figures portraied together are in very different poses.
There is also a huge sexual dimorphism between males and females, especially noticiable in their sizes. Females are noticiably smaller. However, watching the picture below, it seems clearly that the male is too big when in fact the female is probably a little large.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2020 7:17 am

You are right !
If we look at the body of those two, the female is actually quite a bit too large Shocked

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2020 10:16 am

Exactly Susanne. My next picture besides the traditional comparison with a Schleich figure, shows something even more interesting for my collecting interests. Instead of how a Southlands look with a famous company figure from a non scale series, it shows the other way round, if Southlands are all 1:15 scale, which figures work nicely with the Southlands Replicas?
One example is the Science and Nature tiger quoll, it is a little larger than Southlands but I think they work nicely together.
Southlands tiger quoll, Schleich koala and S&N quoll

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2020 10:44 am

Those three Shocked cheers I love you

Amazing to see the S&N quoll together with the Southlands one !   Very Happy

RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2020 7:28 pm

My last order was a Mojo one. Cannot decide whether the next one will be a Safari or a Southland because of your pics Roger cheers

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2020 8:28 pm

RtasVadumee wrote:
My last order was a Mojo one. Cannot decide whether the next one will be a Safari or a Southland because of your pics Roger cheers

Uhh! Yes ! That is a hard choice !!!! scratch
Perhaps a couple of each Idea cheers lol!

RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2020 8:59 pm

I can't because it won't be on the same website (Safari will be on Ebay while Southland will be on your German website). And I perfer to order a lot of figures from the same seller to reduce shipping costs.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2020 9:13 pm

RtasVadumee wrote:
I can't because it won't be on the same website (Safari will be on Ebay while Southland will be on your German website). And I perfer to order a lot of figures from the same seller to reduce shipping costs.

Can you get a better deal on Ebay ?
On for instance Modellpferdeversand and spielzeug-guenstig, the cost of shipping is the same no matter how much you buy, - both Safari and Southland and all other brands together.
As far as I know, most Ebay-shops increase shipping dramatically the more you buy study

Well, none of my business, of course Embarassed

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2020 10:24 pm

A little correction to my quolls post. The Science and Nature figure is likely a Northern quollwhile the Southlands is undoubtfully a tiger quoll.
The S&N figure is slightly larger thus it can't be at the same scale as the Southlands that represents a larger species and it is smaller.Though, they display nicely in any case even if we can't put the S&N quoll at 1:15 scale.

SUSANNE wrote:
RtasVadumee wrote:

Uhh! Yes ! That is a hard choice !!!! scratch
Perhaps a couple of each Idea cheers lol!

Go for Southlands, the company is quite recent and represents just a little niche of market. They are making a huge effort to release their next figures, a superb large saltwater crocodile at 1:15 scale and I believe we collectors can give a little help to make this company to succeed.
Safari Ltd is a very stablished company and their figures are easier to find, you have more time to think about them.

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2020 8:02 pm

I will consider seriously your argument Roger and I can't wait to see this salwater crocodile, this species is seriously missing in the major brands' catalogues.

Exactly, though, if this crocodile see the light, it will be huge, 34 cm!
That is the last picture I know Southlands shared several mounths ago in their FaceBook page. It is not the final product but it already gives a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 11:23 pm

I looked at their Facebook pictures after reading this yesterday. It's a complete masterpiece! Unfortunately at 34cm it will be too big for my display but I look forward to seeing pictures of it on here when it's ready

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 7:20 am

WOW !!!!! affraid

What a magnificent, beauityful, awesome, model !!! Applause Applause Applause

Here is something for those who are interested in size, - this beast can be 25 times as long as f.inst. a Tasmanian devil study

Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 7:44 am

If it was not so huge, this would be THE crocodile that I would want for my collection! Despite salties being the biggest of all crocs, this one is too much for my shelves... But the incredibly atonishing quality of Southlands is clearly noticeable in this model, it's much better than any western brand croc!

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:50 am

34 cm is the size of my Humpback whale ! Shocked

The fact that most of us do not wish to add it to our collections because of its size clearly shows that we, collectors, have a twisted notion of size since this crocodile is actually more accurately sized than our Schleich, Papo, CollectA, Mojo or Safari crocodilians when you compare them with, let's say the tasmanian devil from CollectA Susanne mentionned.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 9:32 am

Exactly, when we collect based on Schleich's sizes, we got a completely wrong immpression of the real proportions etween animals. Mainly these extreme sized ones. Actually, this crocodile works perfectly in scale with the Schleich zebra, for instance. OK, I know there aren't saltwater crocs in Africa. It is a 1:35 figure but placing it at 1:20 scale, it works for a very large crocodile of around 7 metters. These we collect from Schleich are just too small for the zebras, they are sized like juveniles and the only think they can eat is some chicken with brocolli.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 9:48 am

Pardofelis wrote:
If it was not so huge, this would be THE crocodile that I would want for my collection! Despite salties being the biggest of all crocs, this one is too much for my shelves... But the incredibly atonishing quality of Southlands is clearly noticeable in this model, it's much better than any western brand croc!

I suppose you do not collect dinos ? Some of those models are REALLY huge drunken

Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 10:17 am

Not dinos nor anything extinct before 15th century roughly, but I would love to have a blue whale much bigger than the ones currently in the trade from western brands (but not to the extreme of Mega Sofubi one, hehe)

Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 11:01 am

The major brands' blue whale most compatible with my collection (and yours) is the Papo one. Though it is still ridiculously small, at least the size hierarchy is respected since it is larger than the Schleich 1:32 humpback whale. I think that's still better than having no blue whale at all.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 11:56 am

Thanks for the advice! Unfortunately the articulated jaw inhibites me from buying it Razz

Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 12:51 pm

Yes, that's the worst thing about it.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 3:37 pm

I just made a couple of comparisons. The pictures are not too good...just one of those days I suppose Suspect Laughing

The Doprotodon, whic was about the size of a rhino.
Here with Schleich muskox and Papo cavebear Very Happy

Seen from above. Umm, the photo is too dark, but I hope you can see something  Wink
Singing a duet  with the cave bear Very Happy

The Southland Perentie with Komodo dragons from Papo and Mojo  Very Happy

And the brumbys  cheers
Dansing with Safari's new thoroughbred horse Very Happy

With a Schleich pinto, which doesn' t give *beep* Laughing

And with the  ( Almost too ? ) stunning Black Forest stallion from CollectA Crocodile

RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 3:53 pm

Thanks for those pics Susanne. May I see the perentie next to the Schleich Komodo ?

It seems that your Papo Komodo has no tongue tongue

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next