Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")

Go down 
+12
Taos
costicuba
Pardofelis
bmathison1972
SUSANNE
Caracal
landrover
widukind
Advicot
Roger
RtasVadumee
SerAndrew
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SerAndrew

Country/State : Spain/Madrid

Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") Empty
PostSubject: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 11:23 am

Hi there!
Today finally arrived my precious Mojo's Grey Whale, so I will post pictures of all the cetaceans I was waiting for.
They all look superb one next to each other, except for the scale problem...

First, my new Safari's right whale. It is great!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Then, the Safari's Sei Whale. It is very well done, but is quiiiiiiiiiiiiite small. However it fits perfectly with the Schleich blue whale, so they are great when displayed together (sorry, I don't have a picture for that),

This is a well known, and I had doubts whether buy it or not but... here it is, my Blainville's beaked whale,

And, finally, the jewel in the crown, the Mojo's Grey Whale. I can say it's probably my best cetacean figure (and the best grey whale as far as I know, in my humble opinion)...

And this is how they look all together (sorry for the bad quality, I didn't realize the pics were so bad...)!

Last edited by SerAndrew on Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:59 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 11:57 am

Very nice ! Looks like Mojo's grey whale is the exact same model as Schleich's 1:32 grey whale with better paintjob. Those moulds from Maia and Borges are definitely timeless.

Last edited by RtasVadumee on Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 12:39 pm

Wonderful cetaceans, Andrew! Don't worry with scales because whales do not have scales, they're not fish! Laughing Just kidding, even the 1:32 scale Schleich whales did not respect the mentioned scale. Sometimes it is not very exciting that some old known moulds are reused but sometimes it is a bonus, especially when these are great figures as it is the Maia & Borges grey whale. Benjamin is correct, it is the same as Schleich used but with a updated painting.

Last edited by Roger on Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 12:42 pm

Very nice array of whales, I still need to get my hands on the Safari right whale

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 2:16 pm

Wonderful whales :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SerAndrew

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 2:32 pm

Thank you all :)
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 7:31 pm

Very nice pictures, congratulations.

sunny sunny sunny

SerAndrew

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 3:37 pm

Hi all!
Today I receive a small envelope with three special figures... They are not the most exciting ones but they are my first Yujin figures. Of course, I would have chosen others, but I had the opportunity to buy them second-handed from another spanish collector (which says that uses the forum from time to time to learn the news...). I hope to have similar chances in the future, since I think these brands are brilliant.

Unfortunately, he didn't had the bases and since I like bases (unlike Pardo Razz) I made some myself with sculpey. I have some problems with the painting because the paint I used was not so good but, meh, they are ok. So... I hope you like them :)

Yujin Freshwater fishes - Vol 1 (2003 and 2006 re-release) Rainbow trout (Oncorhyncus mykiss),

Yujin Freshwater fishes - Vol 2 (not sure if 2003 or 2004 re-release) Japanese ell (Anguila japonica),

And the bases,

New additions will be coming soon (I think...)

Last edited by SerAndrew on Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:04 pm

Nice fishes :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:13 pm

They are beautiful, I am ever so jealous

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 10:14 pm

Finding Yujin animal figures in a Spanish website only could be from another collector. I know Incha and Tiopesao, are two sellers and also members on forum.
I think you did a great work, at least you've found a more pleasing way to display your figures according to your taste.

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 10:48 pm

Thank you all!

Roger, as far as I know he is not any of those :)
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") EmptyFri May 01, 2020 11:00 am

SerAndrew wrote:
They are not the most exciting ones but they are my first Yujin figures. Of course, I would have chosen others, but I had the opportunity to buy them second-handed from another spanish collector (which says that uses the forum from time to time to learn the news...).

Don't try to deny it this time : I know you are a freshwater fishes lover ! Very Happy

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") EmptyFri May 01, 2020 11:49 am

so realistic fishes! Very Happy

..and congrats for your beautiful bases! before reading, I was convinced they were from original brand! cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
SerAndrew

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") EmptyFri May 01, 2020 1:12 pm

RtasVadumee wrote:
SerAndrew wrote:
They are not the most exciting ones but they are my first Yujin figures. Of course, I would have chosen others, but I had the opportunity to buy them second-handed from another spanish collector (which says that uses the forum from time to time to learn the news...).

Don't try to deny it this time : I know you are a freshwater fishes lover ! Very Happy

Hahahaha you got me! Nah, actually I'm really looking forward that Brett and his source start buying again so I can get the Yujin Saltwater Aquarium set I love you

Caracal wrote:
so realistic fishes! Very Happy  

..and congrats for your beautiful bases! before reading, I was convinced they were from original brand! cheers cheers Applause

Thanks! I only regret having given the final lay to the "trunk" of the eel, as it's wood it should't be so shiny... but the rocks seem nice, like wet.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") EmptyFri May 01, 2020 4:27 pm

Very, very nice finds !!!! cheers

And very, very nice photos Applause

SerAndrew

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") EmptyTue May 12, 2020 11:52 am

Hi there!
This morning a parcel from our colleague [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] arrived to me. It has been sooo easy and comfortable to buy from him, I totally recommend it :)

So, they are mostly Safari's, since it's a brand I cannot directly buy in a shop here in Spain.
Some nice birds to expand my aviary,

Another sea bird with our african doggy (a model I was really expecting!),

And a model I wasn't looking for but that surprise me a lot, my first one from the portuguese brand
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") EmptyTue May 12, 2020 12:06 pm

Ahh some great choices there indeed, and Maia & Borges are certainly a brand you should look into their figures are absolutely gorgeous, especially the waterfowl.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") EmptyTue May 12, 2020 3:36 pm

Some seriously great models you got there cheers

Yes, M&B is a great brand, even if they mostly make comics-models ( which are nice too ) Very Happy

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") EmptyTue May 12, 2020 5:59 pm

Nice additions

Back to top Go down
SerAndrew

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") EmptyWed May 20, 2020 6:06 pm

Hi! I'm not potsing all my additions because I have been quite bussy with work lately, but these two arrived today and I cannot stay without showing you!
Here in Spain kids (and not so kids) receive Christmas presents on the 6th of January, on the Epiphany and are carried by three Wise Men (though we call them three Magic Kings), who ride camels.
So, I present you Melchor, the first of them...

Of course you all recognise the models :)

Last edited by SerAndrew on Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") EmptyWed May 20, 2020 6:45 pm

lol! Excellent king and picture! monkey
I missed your previous additions. It is good that you have a source to get your Safari Ltd models. They make so many great figures but they're always hard to get for us, European collectors.
I'm not sure your dolphin is your first M&B model, isn't your Mojö Fun grey whale made in Portugal too? If it is, it's also a M&B model even if it is Mojö Fun branded.

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") EmptyWed May 20, 2020 7:14 pm

Ooh that's the newer colour of the camel, we could use it on the TAI

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") EmptyWed May 20, 2020 7:37 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
SerAndrew

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") EmptyWed May 20, 2020 8:09 pm

Mmm I will have to check my grey whale then!
Yes, its the new color scheme. I was expecting the old, to he honest, that's why I chose that shop (the picture showed the old version) but, meh, it's good anyway
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") Empty

Back to top Go down

Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next