Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")

Go down 
+12
Taos
costicuba
Pardofelis
bmathison1972
SUSANNE
Caracal
landrover
widukind
Advicot
Roger
RtasVadumee
SerAndrew
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 1:27 am

Four interesting additions, especially the owl. cheers

SerAndrew

Country/State : Spain/Madrid

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 8:38 am

Roger wrote:
Andrew, I am glad you decided to show your other models. Isidro is right, it doesn't matter how common these figures are, we always love to see them. :)
About the frog, it is also not obvious for me, I don't have the ability to look at a frog figure and determine its genus. I generically see what is a frog, a toad and a tree frog and often it is also not obvious. Laughing I always need to research and I think it is the funny part of collecting less popular species. By the way, maybe your grass lizard is a Japanese grass lizard (Takydromus tachydromoides), however, check it yourself and regardless of what it is, you found its genus what is fantastic, I hardly could do it myself.

Morning Roger! Ok, took note about showing all my additions. For the moment I will try to redeem myself by showing all my collection this week.
Yes, I first thought about Takydromus tachydromoides, but then looking at the whole set started doubting. Besides in the following video they catalloged it as Amur Lizard and the other pair as japanese grass lizard, so... Any opinion is wellcome!

Amur grass lizard:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Japanese grass lizard:

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 9:21 am

Great

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 10:46 am

Great figures, I still need to get that leopard seal

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
SerAndrew

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 10:57 am

Thank you Adam, Fernando and Andreas :)

By, the way, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , do you know the name of the mushroom species??
I can add it to my catallogue as miscellanea section :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 12:55 pm

SerAndrew wrote:

By, the way, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , do you know the name of the mushroom species??

If the grass lizard is an Amur, lucky you once it is a less common species. :)
The mushroom is (Amanita virosa), the European destroying angel.

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 1:01 pm

Roger wrote:
SerAndrew wrote:

If the grass lizard is an Amur, lucky you once it is a less common species. :)
The mushroom is (Amanita virosa), the European destroying angel.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
SerAndrew

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 7:57 pm

As promised, my two new models. They were shipped tje 27th of April, and didnt arrived until this week... But they are gorgeous. Im specially pleased with the lobster, it's more delicated than expected. The surgeon is bigger than thought but equally beautifull. I hope you like them.

Panulirus japonicus (Kaiyodo, Enoshima Aquarium) and Paracanthurus hepaticus (Yujin):

Last edited by SerAndrew on Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 9:51 pm

Magnific! I probably would like that lobster for my collection :)

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2020 12:55 am

They are both very wonderful pieces, thanks for showing! Very Happy

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2020 1:03 am

The lobster has beautiful colors and it is very detailed.

Congratulations. Applause Applause

Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2020 1:25 am

Wonderful additions, congratulations

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
SerAndrew

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2020 8:32 am

Thank you all :)

@Isidro, I'd bet you will! It is surprisingly elegant. In the seller pictures and in my own it seems much more coarse than in is.

In fact, the one I was more excited about was the Yujin blue tang (I really love that set and I'm working with Brett to get it) but finally the lobster received all my atention haha. The tang is also good, but I expected it a little bit smaller and finer. But, of course, it is wonderfull also.

Last edited by SerAndrew on Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2020 9:19 am

Nice catches again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2020 10:55 am

I love that lobster, and it's going on my wish list

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2020 11:01 am

cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
SerAndrew

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 8:08 pm

Hi all!
Due to covid I spent the last four months in my hometown, which is in the southeast of Spain, but I normally live in Madrid. Being at home I remembered of a shop that used to have retired Schleich models, but I never bought one because I wasn't in a collector mania as nowadays. I particularly thought about a model, so I phoned, asked and there it was already. They were so kind to save it for me until my return to Madrid. So, yesterday I went to the shop and bought it. It was quite damaged, since it has been in the exposition for nearly 10 years, so they just charged me 3€... This morning I repainted and repaired it and now it looks like new:

And this afternoon, just 20 min a go I was wandering aroung my neighbourhood looking for someone to cut my hair (no success) when I discovered a stationary selling Schleich (is the most common brand in Spain). It has also some retired models, but only one caught my attention, this little friend that will fit with its CollectA father (even though they will have to wait to join). I hope you like it too!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 9:00 pm

You rescued a tapir in your homeland, great story. Interesting, I live in the capital of the country but I am from the Southeast of Portugal. Last time I was there, I've found a retired cape buffalo calf lost in a shop and being sold for 1 or 2 Euros, I can't remember. So many coincidences, now I just need to cut my hair. Laughing

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 10:28 pm

I need too! Very Happy

Beautiful story SerAndrew! cheers Applause

Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 9:12 am

There is no greater pleasure than finding rare retired figures in local shops. You cannot imagine how much I miss my "figure hunts", it almost gave a purpose to my life at that time.

I got my tapir quite the same way as you and did not realize how precious it was until I saw how much it was on Ebay. Mine was not damaged despite a long time in the shop, but the white part of the body was pretty dirty. However, it does not bother me since animals are rarely perfectly clean in the wild. Take care of it, that's a very rare catch you got there !

The sea lion cub is not as difficult to find but it's still a nice addition and, indeed, it will fit perfectly with your CollectA adult, even perhaps better than with the Schleich female it is supposed to go with.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 9:19 am

Congratulations

Back to top Go down
SerAndrew

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 10:19 am

Thank you all!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I would love to have the Schleich retired buffalo calf... Good story too. I have never found (nor looked for) animals in flea markets.

@Ben, I knew the story will recall to your figure hunts. I have done them myself but not in such an exhaustive way... However there is a store in my country town with lots of treasures.
And, yes, the sea lion calf probably fits better with CollectA than with Schleich, but that's because the Schleich model is shinny, like if the animal just jumped out of the water.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 12:18 pm

Two lovely models you got there Very Happy

Roger, I don't want to offend you, but may I ask how crocodiles get haircuts ? Shocked Laughing
Crocodile

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 04, 2020 2:30 am

SUSANNE wrote:

Roger, I don't want to offend you, but may I ask how crocodiles get haircuts  ? Shocked Laughing
Crocodile

lol! How could you ofend me? We never know what happens with a crocodile after such a long time of confinement. afro

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 04, 2020 10:47 am

Great additions, I have both in my collection I got the tapir from my local toy shop and the sea lion from my mother's village up in the Highlands of Scotland

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next