Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

endogenylove's new arrivals!

Go down 
+19
George
spacelab
Joliezac
Saarlooswolfhound
Bonnie
lucky luke
Tiermann
bmathison1972
pipsxlch
Pardofelis
costicuba
Caracal
Roger
Taos
widukind
Advicot
RtasVadumee
SUSANNE
landrover
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

endogenylove's new arrivals! Empty
PostSubject: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! EmptySun May 17, 2020 2:04 am

I wanted to create a topic to do what so many on this forum have done before- catalogue my new arrivals! This way I will have a record of what I purchase and when, and I will be able to see how my collection changes over time. Most of this thread will eventually be replacing outdated models, but at the moment, most of what I have to post are new species to add to my synoptic collection :)

I am starting with all of my additions since the start of the new year. Many models that I had dreamed to one day get and quite a few new brands to add to what was previously a mostly Schleich/Safari lineup. If you have any questions or if you can identify any of these figures to a more specific level than I have (subspecies), please let me know! I would like to be as specific as possible even if it is all speculative.

First of all, my new Safari models.
1. Gila Monster (Heloderma suspectum)
2. Black Howler Monkey (Alouatta caraya)
3. Southern Hairy-Nosed Wombat (Lasiorhinus latifrons)
4. Serval (Leptailurus serval) - This figure replaces a previous K&M figure.
5. Bennett's (red-necked) Wallaby (Macropus rufogriseus)
6. Laughing Kookaburra (Dacelo novaeguineae)
7. Green Moray Eel (Gymnothorax funebris)
8. Matschie's Tree Kangaroo (Dendrolagus matschiei)
9. Togian Babirusa (Babyrousa togeanensis) - My classification here may be a bit of a debate, but I would like for this figure and the collecta to represent different species in my collection, and the Togian babirusa seems to fit best for the safari figure in my opinion.
10. Tasmanian Devil (Sarcophilus harrisi) - This figure replaces a previous K&M figure, but I am not satisfied with it, so I will likely replace it again later.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Secondly, Schleich. Only one for the moment, the large but beautiful:
1. Quokka (Setonix brachyurus)

Thirdly, two Mojo Fun figurines, my first two from the brand. I have seen varying reports on the quality of these figures, but I was very pleasantly surprised by these two and I will be ordering from Mojo again.
1. Southern Tamandua (Tamandua tetradactyla) - I have hesitantly identified this figure as the southern tamandua, but if anyone has evidence otherwise I would be happy to hear it :)
2. Sun Bear (Helarctos malayanus)

Next, my first and so far only Japanese figures! I had also ordered the Kaiyodo Pika, but it got lost in shipping Sad The Serow is Kitan Club, and the other two are Kaiyodo/Furuta
1. Japanese Serow (Capricornis crispus)
2. Masked Palm Civet (Paguma larvata) - You may notice that this figure is missing an ear. Unfortunately, it arrived rather beat up (not the fault of the seller, it happened in transit), and the ear is a casualty. I also had to completely repaint the non-visible side, as it was scraped down to bare plastic. Despite the flaws, I have chosen to keep this figure instead of hunting for a new one, as I think that it now has a story to tell :)
3. Japanese Raccoon Dog/Tanuki (Nyctereutes procyonoides viverrinus)

My first and only playvisions animals! I have wanted this set since I have known of it's existence and I was very lucky to find it for an affordable price. Being that my collection is synoptic, I opted out of the African Civet (I prefer the larger collecta version) and the Meerkat, since there are so many versions of those available.
From left to right:
1. Banded Palm Civet (Hemigalus derbyanus)
2. Spotted Linsang (Prionodon pardicolor)
3. Asian Palm Civet (Paradoxurus hermaphroditus) - Although this figure is incorrectly marked as a Binturong, Asian palm civet seems to be the most common identification.
4. Aquatic Genet (Genetta piscivora) - Incorrectly marked as "Aquatic Civet"
5. Ring-Tailed Vontsira/Mongoose (Galidia elegans)
6. Abyssinian Genet (Genetta abyssinica)

And the last image for the time being, Unbranded/Other figures. The fox is from the Natural History-Naturally Adorkable series, but the other two figures are unbranded.
1. Argali (Ovis Ammon) - This figure is unbranded, found on Aliexpress. It appears to be a knockoff of the Papo Mouflon. I would like to categorize this  figurine into a subspecies, but I am having difficulty as the majority of photos of all subspecies are hunting photos. If anyone could help that would be great.
2. Tibetan Sand Fox (Vulpes ferrilata)
3. Small Indian Civet (Viverricula indica) - This figure was sold to me along with the playvisions, and a much larger sitting counterpart. It was listed as a "small spotted civet", which to my knowledge is not a species that exists. I may repaint the figure to better suit my identification, unless there is a better figurine of this species available.

And for now that is all! I will update soon, as I have my first Southlands figures on the way, (in fact I wanted to wait for their arrival to start this thread, but it appears they are very delayed due to current circumstances), and may go on another shopping spree soon Wink

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! EmptySun May 17, 2020 5:27 am

Very nice aditions, especially the tibetan fox and the Serow. Applause  Applause

Congratulations.

Last edited by landrover on Sun May 17, 2020 11:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! EmptySun May 17, 2020 8:09 am

This i ever so exiting cheers

So many and so beautyful choices you have made Applause

I also love the story about the wounded Masked Palm Civet which you keep because it has a story to tell !
This is the way of a great collector Very Happy

Last edited by SUSANNE on Sun May 17, 2020 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! EmptySun May 17, 2020 9:42 am

Very interesting figures I did not know.

I especially like the spotted linsang and raccoon dog.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! EmptySun May 17, 2020 11:03 am

Some great figures, some I own and some I'm on the hunt for

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! EmptySun May 17, 2020 1:06 pm

Really nice additions :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! EmptySun May 17, 2020 1:34 pm

Nice additions,especially the Serow,Raccon dog and Playvisions. Applause

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! EmptySun May 17, 2020 1:53 pm

I am glad you opened this topic and I love this kind of threads that promote some debat.
Fortunately you decided to open it before the next batch of additions or it would turn really hard to get everything. They're so many, I will concentrate in some. Laughing
The babirusa it a Sulawesi babirusa, it was confirmed by Doug Watson, the Artist who sculpted it. However, it can be used as another species and it is so different from CollectA's version that it is very tempting. Maybe we are missing a walk around of the Safari babirusa to discuss some important details. Idea
If you are getting the Southlands Tasmanian devil, you will find it as a fantastic replacement to your Safari model. Otherwise, you have the CollectA rendition that is also a magnificent figure.
Mojö Fun tamandua is a Southern tamandua, there aren't many morphological or color distinctions between Northern and Southern tamanduas, mainly when all Southern tamandua figures are painted with that conspicuous vest quite common on Northern species. Though, I followed directly the development of the prototype and it was always made taking in consideration the Southern tamandua species.

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! EmptySun May 17, 2020 2:53 pm

I am drooling in front of your Playvisions viverrids set! drunken
Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! EmptySun May 17, 2020 4:28 pm

Roger wrote:
I am glad you opened this topic and I love this kind of threads that promote some debat.
Fortunately you decided to open it before the next batch of additions or it would turn really hard to get everything. They're so many, I will concentrate in some. Laughing
The babirusa it a Sulawesi babirusa, it was confirmed by Doug Watson, the Artist who sculpted it. However, it can be used as another species and it is so different from CollectA's version that it is very tempting. Maybe we are missing a walk around of the Safari babirusa to discuss some important details. Idea
If you are getting the Southlands Tasmanian devil, you will find it as a fantastic replacement to your Safari model. Otherwise, you have the CollectA rendition that is also a magnificent figure.
Mojö Fun tamandua is a Southern tamandua, there aren't many morphological or color distinctions between Northern and Southern tamanduas, mainly when all Southern tamandua figures are painted with that conspicuous vest quite common on Northern species. Though, I followed directly the development of the prototype and it was always made taking in consideration the Southern tamandua species.

I know that the model is intended to be a Sulawesi Babirusa. I just think that with how different the models are It’s nice to be able to represent another species that is not yet on the market :) I do not have the CollectA model but it is high on my wishlist!
In terms of Tasmanian Devils, the Southlands model is my most wanted. I did not purchase it in my first set of Southlands but I will surely go back. And thank you as well for confirming my Tamandua identification!

endogenylove

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! EmptySun May 17, 2020 4:33 pm

Caracal wrote:
I am drooling in front of your Playvisions viverrids set! drunken

Thank you! It is a dream come true to actually be in possession of them. I ordered them off of this website: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It does not look like they are in stock anymore, although they still were a few days after I purchased them, so my only suggestion may be to wait and see if they come back up :)

endogenylove

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! EmptySun May 17, 2020 4:34 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
This i ever so exiting cheers

So many and so beautyful choices you have made Applause

I also love the story about the wounded Masked Palm Civet which you keep because it has a story to tell !
This is the way of a great collector Very Happy

Yes! I completely agree.

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! EmptySun May 17, 2020 9:06 pm

You used that site?! I used to buy all my figures from there when I was little

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! EmptySun May 17, 2020 9:26 pm

Advicot wrote:
You used that site?! I used to buy all my figures from there when I was little
Really? This was my first time ordering from this site. I had never heard of it before searching for this set, and as I got each of the Playvisions for just over $3 each, I was a little suspicious that they would be knockoffs or that I would not actually get them. However they are all in pristine condition and arrived in only three days! I will likely be using this site much more from now on.

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! EmptySun May 17, 2020 10:02 pm

It was sooo much better back in 2007/2010 when they had huge arrays of K&M, but I didn't get them and now I am so annoyed, so I have to buy them from fellow forum members

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! EmptySun May 17, 2020 10:57 pm

Thank you for the link Andogenylove! :)
Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! EmptySun May 17, 2020 11:02 pm

I was very much a generalist back at that time, and I just grabbed whatever models I saw in person that looked interesting, so I am sad to have missed the opportunity but it just means that I have to search a little harder :)

endogenylove

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 1:02 am

Finally, after being delayed for such a long time, my first ever Southlands figures are here! I ordered only three at first because I wanted to make sure that I liked the sizing and quality of the figures, and I absolutely do. My only grievance is the shipping costs from Australia to the U.S., but it is honestly worth it. So here are my first three:

1. Tiger Quoll (Dasyurus maculatus)
2. Short-Beaked Echidna (Tachyglossus aculeatus)
3. Perentie (Varanus giganteus)

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 1:51 am

Oh, you won't regret it! I am sure you are satisfied with their finish quality. Plastic is good, painting is great and size are perfect! Your choices are also perfect. You won't find better representatives of these figures among any similar brands. This perentie is in my opinion the best monitor figure of this hobby. An echidna can't be done better, probably one of the reasons why most brands were never brave enough to do it. Congratulations! Very Happy

endogenylove

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 2:20 am

I completely agree! The quality is unmatched by any I have seen so far. I am certain that the perentie is indeed the best monitor in the trade, and all other echidnas seem crude and cartoonish in comparison to this masterpiece.

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 6:40 am

Southlands figures are really beautiful . Jason, who makes them is our friend here :)
Congratulations for these 3 , the Perentie is especially great.
And I am sure, you will get more of them :)

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 7:14 am

I've always tought that this perentie was too big, but after comparing directly with the echidna in your photo (that I have), I see that it fits into my collection. So I add it to my wishlist! :)

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 7:23 am

The perentie is really something special. And I will certainly be getting more Southlands :)

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 9:17 am

Wonderful additions :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 10:05 am

Southlands are such amazing figures but there's only one problem... they don't have enough figures! Very Happy

Great Additions :) Applause

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! Empty

Back to top Go down

endogenylove's new arrivals!
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next