Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

endogenylove's new arrivals!

Go down 
+19
George
spacelab
Joliezac
Saarlooswolfhound
Bonnie
lucky luke
Tiermann
bmathison1972
pipsxlch
Pardofelis
costicuba
Caracal
Roger
Taos
widukind
Advicot
RtasVadumee
SUSANNE
landrover
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 6:18 pm

What a great model!! Been searching for it for awhile now, congrats on that amazing find! I really love the Tennessee Aquarium salamanders, they are such great figures

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 6:59 pm

Gorgeous also. Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 7:50 pm

Wonderful collection with great models and thank you for the useful comparison pictures! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 10:44 pm

Thanks for showing your mudpuppy! Very Happy I have heard that they never stop growing so, if it gets excessively large for you I know a good place for it. Laughing

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 10:52 pm

Wow, so many wonderful additions! cheers I hope the rest of your move goes well, and with transporting all your models! I love your polar bears and the mudpuppy! Very Happy Especially as it has 'puppy' in its name, it's a great name! cheers [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] It makes me think of a muddy pup! Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 02, 2021 12:25 am

The Australian Magpie is NOT a corvid species. It is not a true magpie; it was named as such due to its superficial resemblance.
Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 02, 2021 12:29 am

Birdsage wrote:
The Australian Magpie is NOT a corvid species. It is not a true magpie; it was named as such due to its superficial resemblance.
Thanks for the information! I had no idea (clearly). Means that when I re-organize my shelves when I unpack my figures I clearly need to move it’s place :)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 02, 2021 5:04 am

Big congratulation for the mudpuppy, I enjoy seeing that kind of stuff in other collectors hands, the whole series is a jewel 😊
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 3:20 pm

That's a beautiful mudpuppy model! I love you
Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 6:55 am

My next batch! My first time using taobao, and I am very pleased with what I managed to get for a reasonable price!

First up, Artiodactyls:
1. Sichuan Takin (Budorcas taxicolor tibetana) by CBIOV - This figure is larger than I anticipated but so, so beautiful. And Takin are large animals! This figure specifically is one of the ones that re-invigorated my love in collecting animal figures, and I am so happy to finally have it in my hands. Just gorgeous.
2. Roan Antelope (Hippotragus equinus) by Noah's Pals - Noah's pals are hard to get in singles, but I found a seller with only the male for a discount! I only need the male, so it worked perfectly. However, it does not stand up straight Sad
3. Giant Muntjac (Muntiacus vuquangensis) Male and Female by Noah's Pals - Like I said, hard to get in singles. I could only find a pair of these. My first muntjacs! They are a bit small, but I don't really mind.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Next up, a category that is both Miscellaneous Mammals and three of the Natural History- Naturally Adorkable figures that I was missing. I still miss the Loris and especially the Manul.
1. Long-Eared Hedgehog (Hemiechinus auritus) - This figure comes off as slightly anthropomorphized to me, but it's alright for such a unique species.
2. Himalayan Marmot (Marmota himalayana)
3. Chinese Pangolin (Manis pentadactyla) - This figure is meant to hang off of something, but I find it can also sit on it's back - although I doubt this is a natural position!

Miscellaneous Sea Creatures:
1. Basking Shark (Cetorhinus maximus) by CollectA - The second largest species of shark and the longest model of my collection by far at this point! Nothing bad to say, this figure is incredible.
2. Yangtze Finless Porpoise (Neophocaena asiaeorientalis) Mother and Calf by CBIOV - I wanted to get only the male, but everywhere I looked he was inexplicably sold out or more expensive than the pair. Oh well, these are just as nice. There is some debate over whether this is it's own species or a subspecies of the finless porpoise, but I tend to go with the most updated taxonomy on things (I know that might ruffle some feathers on here!)
3. Bearded Seal (Erignathus barbatus) by Kaiyodo - Smaller than western company seals, but still a nice must have species.

Fishes! All of these are from various Kaiyodo Sets. I got two of them even cheaper than expected because of the lack of bases, which I personally do not mind!
1. Yellowbar Angelfish (Pomacanthus maculosus) - Very detailed and beautiful! This is from one of the bottlecap aquarium sets.
2. Blue Discus (Symphysodon aequifasciatus) - A capsuleQ figure. Quite nice, even with the seams.
3. Tadpole Whiptail (Squalogadus modificatus) - I was not even aware of this species before learning about Kaiyodo. This is another capsuleQ figure. What a strange animal! The lack of base means it does not "stand upright" but as a fish I don't mind that too much.
4. "Deal Fish" (Trachipterus altivelis) - I have tentatively identified this as Trachipterus altivelis, or "King-Of-The-Salmon". It's very hard to find an exact match for this species, if anyone knows what it was intended as please let me know! I chose this species because of the large defined spots on the side, which are visible in several images of the species.
5. Spotted Eagle Ray (Aetobatus narinari) - Ugh, I am so hung up on this figure. On one hand, it is absolutely gorgeous and by far the best version of this species I know of. On the other hand, it's so small. I might replace it with a main brand figure later, but it's so nice...
6. Pennant Coralfish (Heniochus acuminatus) - Not much to say. A nice bottlecap figure.
7. Coffinfish (Chaunax abei) - Reduced price due to missing base. Such a nice single piece figure! Very detailed!

Birds (and a reptile!):
1. Streaked Shearwater (Calonectris leucomelas) by Kaiyodo - I had to superglue one of the wings on because it just wouldn't stay, but I don't mind.
2. Eastern Grass Owl (Tyto longimembris) by Naturalism - These two owls are absolutely, no question, my favorite of the lot. The attention to detail is unlike anything I have ever seen. I literally can not overstate how wonderful these figures are. I only got the two unique species, but they are absolutely wonderful. This figure stands on correctly sized, free standing legs! None of those tree trunk bird legs from western brands.
3. Spotted Nutcracker (Nucifraga caryocatactes)
4. Wedge-Tailed Eagle (Aquila audax) - I forgot to show this figure last time. Oops! Not much to say, a little simplistic, but nice.
5. Swan Goose (Anser cygnoides)- A little small, but nice!
6. Collared Owlet (Taenioptynx brodiei) - Don't be fooled by the fact that this owl is in a different position to the rest of the set. It's still just as nicely detailed, including sculpted and painted feet underneath!
7. Amami Coral Snake (Sinomicrurus japonicus japonicus) - Only reptile this time around. Very nice, the seams are almost impossible to see on a snake!

The three comparisons I can do right now:
Grass Owl with a repainted Safari T. alba:

Marmots:
M. himalayana with the Papo M. marmota:

Corvidae:
Spotted Nutcracker with Safari Cyanocitta cristata and Corvus corax:

Plus, here's a bonus! Kaiyodo Sargassumfish (Histrio histrio) I didn't realize I had initially misplaced this figure while taking the first set of pictures.

That's all for the moment but I have 20 more figures on the way, mostly from taobao but from a few other sources as well. Hopefully I can update this topic fairly frequently for a while!

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 8:03 am

Congratulation, everything is excellent in this batch and I'm glad to know my Roan antelope isn't the only drunked one Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 8:32 am

Wow, what a spectacular batch! I also got the Takin and the Neophocaena phocaenoides, and also using TaoBao - I think that this is the only way of getting CBIOV figures-. I would like a Noah's Pals roan antelope - maybe the only Noah's Pals species enough exciting for me as for forgive the bit simplistic design - but I only could accept one standing well in the four legs. The CollectA basking shark is a must have, I'm waiting my chance to get one. Finally I know, thanks to you, the name of this snake that I saw once in this forum, it's a very beautiful snake - I love colorful ones.

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 9:11 am

So nice you recovered your collecting enthusiasm and that you are waiting for more figures to show.
I am for so long waiting for a roan antelope from a major brand that someday I will get the Noah's Pals because I am tired of waiting. Laughing I don't know why brands ignore the largest antelope, especially because it is an attractive animal and it is not so challenging in terms of manufacturing, they are robuste creatures and they don't have delicate horns. I know it is a 1:24 scale but is it close in size to the sable antelopes of the major brands?
There are also other figures I should consider, like the takin or marmot.

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 10:34 am

endogenylove wrote:
2. Roan Antelope (Hippotragus equinus) by Noah's Pals - Noah's pals are hard to get in singles, but I found a seller with only the male for a discount! I only need the male, so it worked perfectly. However, it does not stand up straight Sad

Kikimalou wrote:
Congratulation, everything is excellent in this batch and I'm glad to know my Roan antelope isn't the only drunked one Laughing

Have you tried the hot water trick on them?
Pour some boiling water into a glass, mug, or jug, and hold the animal's crooked leg(s) in it for about fifteen to twenty seconds - thicker the limb, longer it takes. The plastic softens, and sometimes the bend in the leg (or ear/horn/antler/tail/feathers etc) will straighten all on it's own, but if it doesn't, you can easily move it to the correct position with your fingers.
When doing legs, I like to test the animal in a standing position against a worktop or counter surface just to check I've got the feet completely flat to the ground. As the plastic cools, it sets hard in the new position. You can run them under cold water to make them set quicker, but usually I don't bother, I just hold them in the right place til they feel solid, then lay the figure down to finish cooling.

If the plastic stubbornly warps back to the wrong shape over the next few days, I find the best fix is to push something solid like a stone or coin between the legs to hold them in the right position, and just set the model aside for ages, weeks or months maybe, and by the time you remember/notice the prop and take it away, the legs have set firm in the new position and tend not to go wrong again.

I've had success with this on Papo, CollectA, Mojo, Safari, WIA, and Britains. I don't have any of the Noah's Pals brand, but the plastic looks similar to these?
The same method also works very well on Breyer's harder plastic. Haven't tried it on Kaiyodo or similar hard hollow plastic, so I can't vouch for those. It can't be done with resin figures, doesn't work on squishy rubber ones, and I'd never advise trying it on anything custom painted, incase the water messed up the paintwork.

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 5:53 pm

Thank you for the tip. Very Happy I found another solution, let them go away Laughing
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 6:43 pm

So many wonderful models I've never seen before! I really love the owls, especially the repainted Safari barn owl, and the takin!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 7:01 pm

Some real gems here! Congrats on all. :)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
endogenylove

endogenylove

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 8:00 pm

Pardofelis wrote:
Wow, what a spectacular batch! I also got the Takin and the Neophocaena phocaenoides, and also using TaoBao - I think that this is the only way of getting CBIOV figures-. I would like a Noah's Pals roan antelope - maybe the only Noah's Pals species enough exciting for me as for forgive the bit simplistic design - but I only could accept one standing well in the four legs. The CollectA basking shark is a must have, I'm waiting my chance to get one. Finally I know, thanks to you, the name of this snake that I saw once in this forum, it's a very beautiful snake - I love colorful ones.

Actually, you can get the CBIOV figures from Amazon, but they seem to change in price frequently and are usually more expensive than their taobao counterparts :) And yes, the snake is lovely and there was some confusion over the name, I believe Kaiyodo produced two versions of the same model with different paintjobs meant to represent two closely linked subspecies. But this one is the Amami or Hyan coral snake while the other is the Okinawa coral snake.

endogenylove

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 8:01 pm

Roger wrote:
So nice you recovered your collecting enthusiasm and that you are waiting for more figures to show.
I am for so long waiting for a roan antelope from a major brand that someday I will get the Noah's Pals because I am tired of waiting. Laughing I don't know why brands ignore the largest antelope, especially because it is an attractive animal and it is not so challenging in terms of manufacturing, they are robuste creatures and they don't have delicate horns. I know it is a 1:24 scale but is it close in size to the sable antelopes of the major brands?

Yes, I don't have my safari sable with me at the moment, but the roan antelope is, I believe, just slightly smaller. It would not be shocking in a collection.

endogenylove

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 8:04 pm

George wrote:
endogenylove wrote:

Kikimalou wrote:

Have you tried the hot water trick on them?
Pour some boiling water into a glass, mug, or jug, and hold the animal's crooked leg(s) in it for about fifteen to twenty seconds - thicker the limb, longer it takes. The plastic softens, and sometimes the bend in the leg (or ear/horn/antler/tail/feathers etc) will straighten all on it's own, but if it doesn't, you can easily move it to the correct position with your fingers.
When doing legs, I like to test the animal in a standing position against a worktop or counter surface just to check I've got the feet completely flat to the ground. As the plastic cools, it sets hard in the new position. You can run them under cold water to make them set quicker, but usually I don't bother, I just hold them in the right place til they feel solid, then lay the figure down to finish cooling.

If the plastic stubbornly warps back to the wrong shape over the next few days, I find the best fix is to push something solid like a stone or coin between the legs to hold them in the right position, and just set the model aside for ages, weeks or months maybe, and by the time you remember/notice the prop and take it away, the legs have set firm in the new position and tend not to go wrong again.

I've had success with this on Papo, CollectA, Mojo, Safari, WIA, and Britains. I don't have any of the Noah's Pals brand, but the plastic looks similar to these?
The same method also works very well on Breyer's harder plastic. Haven't tried it on Kaiyodo or similar hard hollow plastic, so I can't vouch for those. It can't be done with resin figures, doesn't work on squishy rubber ones, and I'd never advise trying it on anything custom painted, incase the water messed up the paintwork.

Thanks for the advice, I have tried this method and had success with papo and collecta as well, but unfortunately the Noah's pals seem to be made out of a somewhat softer plastic that is more bendable, but therefore resistant to taking on a new form. I attempted this with the noah's pals Roan and CBIOV porpoises (they had rather bent back fins) and although that worked, the noah's pals simply rebounded back into its' original position.

endogenylove

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 8:04 pm

Thank you all for the lovely comments!

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 8:47 pm

Oh I didn't realize NP made a muntjac pair! They are small animals so their size is good actually. I'll need to try and fine these.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 9:11 pm

So so many wonderful additions, the Japanese figures are stunning! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 9:46 pm

endogenylove wrote:
Roger wrote:

Yes, I don't have my safari sable with me at the moment, but the roan antelope is, I believe, just slightly smaller. It would not be shocking in a collection.

So it is a model with a generous size. Thanks for letting me know.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 11:08 pm

Roger wrote:
endogenylove wrote:
Roger wrote:

So it is a model with a generous size. Thanks for letting me know.

Roan antelopes (SH126 to 160cm) are bigger than Sable (SH117 to 143cm)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

endogenylove's new arrivals!
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next