Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
+15
Suebeedo
PeGe
Joan Milelire
Roger
SUSANNE
baltimore zoo
ken yeo
Sergey
Kristie
skysthelimit
lucky luke
HKHollinstone
Sumo
atabini
Kikimalou
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:01 am

Yes, it's the same for me, I wish PAPO never made the lions... they are realy too big for my elephants Laughing
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:48 am

I just wish they made bigger elephants...
I love my Papo lions : )
Back to top Go down
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:44 am

Christophe, that elephant is really beautiful! I wish to buy it (and more 2011 Papo models too) but they haven't arrived to Barcelona yet Sad

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
PeGe

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 10:52 pm

I also don't like the tusks,...
I am still waiting for a proper Asian elephant-bull model.

This papo (transgender) model immediately made me think of Mowgli and his friends,....
Does anyone have walkaround pictures of the CollectA-bull?
I expect this one to be an at least more nice sculpt.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 11:50 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
I just wish they made bigger elephants...
I love my Papo lions : )

I know Balti... But a crazy french macaque can't resist to joke  Very Happy

I like this elephant, I would like good tigers to go with him  Wink

PeGe wrote:
I also don't like the tusks,...
I am still waiting for a proper Asian elephant-bull model.

This papo (transgender) model immediately made me think of Mowgli and his friends,....
Does anyone have walkaround pictures of the CollectA-bull?
I expect this one to be an at least more nice sculpt.

Maybe you are right, the tusks are a bit too long... But the shape of the bull is the most realistic I have seen for years now  Cool

Last edited by Kikimalou on Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 7:16 am

I'm using my Safari ltd Asian and African elephants for my display.
They look good when near the Papo lions and tigers : )
Problem solved!
Thanks for nothing Papo...
Hey Papo, next time make a larger female elephant(6" tall x 7.75" long) and with out external tusks! And a bull elephant 6.75" tall x 8.25" long!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 7:38 am

Forgot to say WIldlife Wonders African and Asian elephant, just wanted
to clarify: )
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 8:25 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
Forgot to say WIldlife Wonders African and Asian elephant, just wanted
to clarify: )

I don't like the WW african elephant,it looks like a sub-adult animal, not a hughe bull Wink
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 8:19 pm

Yes, I agree K, it does look like a sub adult(male) or a middle age female African.
But since I hate the sizes of the other elephants, it's my only option.
I WISH Safari would make Bull African and Asian elephants in their WW series!
Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 7:37 am

Thank you for the walk around Kiki. Much appreciated.

flower ~ Sue
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 7:46 am

You welcome Sue Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 10:56 am

Congratulations, Christophe cheers
It is a beautyful figuere, and with the correct, longer legs unlike the Schleich one Very Happy

Certainly on my wishlist...also drunken

The only thing I wonder about a bit, - the top of the skull. Does it really stand up so much above the neck on an Indian elefant?

Great photoes, thanks for them flower
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:04 am

SUSANNE wrote:

The only thing I wonder about a bit, - the top of the skull. Does it really stand up so much above the neck on an Indian elefant?

Nice point Susanne! Well, the first thing we would think is that the skull is almost horizontal we see it from the trunk! Anyway we also see that the arch of the top of the body is less prominent than it is usual! But, also we can see that this elephant has a slightly long neck that projects the head to a higher placement! I think a smaller neck with a lower placement of the head and everything would look better! This is the shape of the skull of a African elephant which as you know is different from African species! :)
Sorry for long explanation, I have not enough vocabulary to be succinct! pale Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:09 am

thank you Susanne  Very Happy

Well...  scratch ... study ...  elephant  Some elephant have their head a bit above the neck and this one is looking up and is raising a bit his head. But maybe it is the weakest spot of the model. What I appreciate the most with him are the proportions, no big head, no fat abdomen and small legs... It remind me the LINEOL one :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Roger wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

Nice point Susanne! Well, the first thing we would think is that the skull is almost horizontal we see it from the trunk! Anyway we also see that the arch of the top of the body is less prominent than it is usual! But, also we can see that this elephant has a slightly long neck that projects the head to a higher placement! I think a smaller neck with a lower placement of the head and everything would look better! This is the shape of the skull of a African elephant which as you know is different from African species! :)
Sorry for long explanation, I have not enough vocabulary to be succinct! pale Very Happy

Not so easy Roger and Susanne  Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Kikimalou on Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:57 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:29 am

Oh!!! I thought Kiki wanted to punish me!!! monkey affraid elephant affraid
But he was very kind as usual and awarded me with a fantastic picture of a Lineol!
Kiki, this elephant is superb!!! What a Face elephant What a Face
What can I do to resurrect Lineol??? bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:35 am

Roger wrote:
But he was very kind as usual and awarded me with a fantastic picture of a Lineol!

I think you are trying to do so right now Laughing cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:42 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:

I think you are trying to do so right now Laughing cheers

We! Very Happy Laughing cheers
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 5:21 am

Just looking at your posted Asian animal display/diorama, and it's a nice collection! However, I think you should
use some Safari ltd. WW Asian elephants(Since they are bigger than the small Schleich).
I really like the photo of the Asian Bull stepping off the dirt road onto the grass field!
It would make a great WW figure...
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 6:38 am

Forgot to ad, I really like the artistic detail of Lineol! In my opinion, it goes Lineol, Britains then Papo as far as the transgression of artistic figures!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 7:27 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
Just looking at your posted Asian animal display/diorama, and it's a nice collection! However, I think you should
use some Safari ltd. WW Asian elephants(Since they are bigger than the small Schleich).
I really like the photo of the Asian Bull stepping off the dirt road onto the grass field!
It would make a great WW figure...

The SAFARI Ltd WW and the smaller one are on my wantlist and I hope to get them soon... The main problem is SAFARI Ltd is not as easy to buy in Europa but I love them drunken
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 8:01 am

Roger wrote:

We! Very Happy Laughing cheers

Yes !!!!!! Very Happy
Again we learned something from this forum study elephant cheers
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 7:53 pm

I love your elephant Christophe!
Depite all the comments, do i think that the length of the tusks is quit ok, maybe somewhat to thick, but ok...
Of course they sell elephants with white tuskers, i never saw an elephant model with dirty tusks...
Or maybe he just brushed his teeth, who knows...
geek Wink
The neck is ok to, as he is reaching his head forward...
And yes, the size..., but has everything fit together with eachother, specially between different brands?
Who invented that?! Rolling Eyes
Only some brands in the past did know how to make animals in scale to eachother... farao
Great model my friend, and thanks for the pics, great model again! cheers

Country/State : Italy

PostSubject: THE FINGERS OF PAPO ASIAN ELEPHANT    The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 10:46 pm

Papo, sometimes, make mistakes No ! The Asian elephant has 4 fingers in the front limb and 4 in back limb.
In nature, the Asian elephant has 5 + 4. The African, 4 + 3 fingers. Mad
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 12:47 am

There are many brands making mistakes with elephants! I didn't knew that since I never see them before! By the way, Schleich and Bullyland have crocodiles with wrong number of toes, the Schleich was already retired and Safari also has some wrong! :)
It was nice to see pictures, sorry for asking again! :)
Back to top Go down
smithyboy

smithyboy

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 12:48 am

Thats interesting do you think you could post a picture.

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The PAPO 2011 Indian elephant walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next