Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hollow models in two sizes ... and more

Go down 
+13
Birdsage
Advicot
Taos
WILLYBACOMAN
sbell
Tiermann
landrover
bmathison1972
Roger
Duck-Anch-Amun
widukind
SUSANNE
costicuba
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

Hollow models in two sizes ... and more - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: A Second Look at the Nayab Otter Civet   Hollow models in two sizes ... and more - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2021 9:36 pm

After looking at lots of photos of mongooses, the Nayab “Otter Civet” figures end up looking more and more like mongooses every time I see the photos. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Hollow models in two sizes ... and more   Hollow models in two sizes ... and more - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2021 1:02 am

I think I identifyied it first as a mongoose but I am really not sure. I merged your post here because here is where the discussion started.

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Nayab? 'Myers Asparagus' Maned Wolf   Hollow models in two sizes ... and more - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2022 6:44 pm

There were 3 of these in a bag I recently bought. I remember reading something about the 'asparagus wolf', but can't find it on Search. If I remember it right, these are painted a bit differently. I was going to repaint one, should I?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Hollow models in two sizes ... and more   Hollow models in two sizes ... and more - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2022 6:54 pm

Nice catch

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Hollow models in two sizes ... and more   Hollow models in two sizes ... and more - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2022 7:30 pm

It should be on Guiness Book as the weirdest identificatiion of ever for a toy animal figure.
I don't think those figures are rare so I can't see any problem if you decide to repaint one of them. Their painting has nothing to do with a real maned wolf. They look more like a dried asparagus. Laughing
Though, as you always enjoy helping other collectors finding figures, maybe you could wait to see if you can trade and give joy to someone else.

Last edited by Roger on Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Hollow models in two sizes ... and more   Hollow models in two sizes ... and more - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2022 8:30 pm

WOW! A maned wolf I never have seen before cheers
Great find Very Happy

What a shame we live on different continents.
I would love to trade for one of them, but the cost of shipping and import duty ... Evil or Very Mad

landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Hollow models in two sizes ... and more   Hollow models in two sizes ... and more - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 10, 2022 4:44 am

Congratulations, it is very rare figure.

sunny sunny sunny

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Hollow models in two sizes ... and more   Hollow models in two sizes ... and more - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 10, 2022 7:54 am

what a splendid model, big congrats! Even I haven't found one of those yet, but it would also be a great candidate for repainting... whatever you decide I am sure it will be fantastic. And congratulations!!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Hollow models in two sizes ... and more   Hollow models in two sizes ... and more - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 8:26 pm

What a cool weirdo! It is a large figure I would add to a collection, if I went that way. Congrats on the find!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Hollow models in two sizes ... and more   Hollow models in two sizes ... and more - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 12:21 am

I added on TAW Kelly's picture above of the maned wolf, also this mongoose and Pangolin from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], all extralarge models. Now TAW is only missing:

Aardvark, giant anteater, otter, rabbit, ring-tailed lemur and squirrel.

The corresponding smaller model series is complete.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Hollow models in two sizes ... and more   Hollow models in two sizes ... and more - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2022 4:28 pm

Yhis pangolin is really too funny, it seems it lost something Laughing Palmface
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Hollow models in two sizes ... and more   Hollow models in two sizes ... and more - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 22, 2022 12:26 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Yhis pangolin is really too funny, it seems it lost something Laughing Palmface

Laughing I like it, he probably lost his engagement ring. I defenitely need to make a little effort to get one of these to my collection. Very big, hollow and not so realistic but funny pose and it is a pangolin after all.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Hollow models in two sizes ... and more   Hollow models in two sizes ... and more - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2022 2:15 am

We're close to complete all 4 series of these animals, the minis are only missing 4, small and large are complete and now we only miss on TAW these extralarge ones.

PostSubject: Re: Hollow models in two sizes ... and more   Hollow models in two sizes ... and more - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hollow models in two sizes ... and more
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3