Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question about CollectA horse sizes

Go down 
+2
Roger
bmathison1972
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Question about CollectA horse sizes Empty
PostSubject: Question about CollectA horse sizes   Question about CollectA horse sizes EmptyFri Nov 04, 2022 7:00 pm

I am not much of a horse collector, but a wild mustang, which was just announced for 2023, is one I would like. It's listed as 'Deluxe'. How would that compare with other horses? For example, I have the CollectA Mongolian horse, Mojo Thoroughbred, and Safari Przewalski's horse. Would it be roughly the same size (not scale) as these? Or noticeably bigger?

thanks
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Question about CollectA horse sizes   Question about CollectA horse sizes EmptyFri Nov 04, 2022 7:07 pm

The Mustang is much bigger. It is 1:12 scale while other models you mentioned are between 1:20 and 1:16 scale. I'll try to find a comparison picture for you or maybe someone can provide it.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Question about CollectA horse sizes   Question about CollectA horse sizes EmptyFri Nov 04, 2022 7:10 pm

The deluxe series is 1:12 scale. This model here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Which is the same mould, is listed is 24.5cm by 20.5 cm.

There used to be a model scale photo that floated around here that included CollectA's various sizes...

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Question about CollectA horse sizes   Question about CollectA horse sizes EmptyFri Nov 04, 2022 7:13 pm

Roger wrote:
The Mustang is much bigger. It is 1:12 scale while other models you mentioned are between 1:20 and 1:16 scale. I'll try to find a comparison picture for you or maybe someone can provide it.

uggh; OK, if that's the case I won't be getting it. Thanks. I pic would be nice when convenient, but yeah, nearly half the scale means nearly twice as big!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Question about CollectA horse sizes   Question about CollectA horse sizes EmptyFri Nov 04, 2022 7:51 pm

Paige is right, we used to have a fantastic topic with comparisons on horse scales but pictures are gone unfortunately. Sad
Though, we always have Toy Animal Wiki to rescue us.
In this picture we can see a standard Schleich (1st) and standard CollectA (2nd) compared to a Deluxe CollectA (4th) which is a Mustang.
Just for reference, the last one is a Breyer traditional which is 1/9 scale.
It is also important to notice that the Schleich model here represented features a large horse breed so it is larger than an average Schleich horse figure.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Question about CollectA horse sizes   Question about CollectA horse sizes EmptyFri Nov 04, 2022 8:03 pm

Which brand is the 3rd horse?

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Question about CollectA horse sizes   Question about CollectA horse sizes EmptyFri Nov 04, 2022 8:08 pm

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
Which brand is the 3rd horse?

It is a Breyer classic. The same scale as CollectA Deluxe but please don't ask me which model because I have no idea... a Haflinger? Laughing

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Question about CollectA horse sizes   Question about CollectA horse sizes EmptyFri Nov 04, 2022 8:31 pm

Thanks a lot, Roger! Nope, no 2023 CollectA mustang for me
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Question about CollectA horse sizes   Question about CollectA horse sizes EmptySat Nov 05, 2022 1:28 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
Thanks a lot, Roger! Nope, no 2023 CollectA mustang for me

You're welcome, Blaine.
Alternatively, you have a very decent CollectA Mustang on CollectA standard sized horse series.Regarding size, it is at the same scale as your Mongolian horse.
This color is particularly wild. Wink
Picture from Susanne's collection

Michelle

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Question about CollectA horse sizes   Question about CollectA horse sizes EmptySat Nov 05, 2022 6:25 am

Roger wrote:
Paige is right, we used to have a fantastic topic with comparisons on horse scales but pictures are gone unfortunately. Sad
In this picture we can see a standard Schleich (1st) and standard CollectA (2nd)  compared to a Deluxe CollectA (4th) which is a Mustang.
It is also important to notice that the Schleich model here represented features a large horse breed so it is larger than an average Schleich horse figure.

I believe the other Breyer is a 1/12 scale pony. The Collecta deluxe are the same scale and roughly the same size as the Breyer Classic/Freedom 1/12 regular size horses. [Edited to reflect that I initially thought this was one of the traditional 1/9 scale ponies before looking closer and finding the mold on google. It is a Classic scale.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Question about CollectA horse sizes   Question about CollectA horse sizes EmptySat Nov 05, 2022 4:05 pm

[quote="Michelle"]
Roger wrote:
In this picture we can see a standard Schleich (1st) and standard CollectA (2nd)  compared to a Deluxe CollectA (4th) which is a Mustang.

I believe the other Breyer is a 1/12 scale pony. The Collecta deluxe are the same scale and roughly the same size as the Breyer Classic/Freedom 1/12 regular size horses. [Edited to reflect that I initially thought this was one of the traditional 1/9 scale ponies before looking closer and finding the mold on google. It is a Classic scale.]

I think it is this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which is considered small to represent a Haflinger even if these horses are not large at all.

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Question about CollectA horse sizes   Question about CollectA horse sizes EmptySat Nov 05, 2022 4:18 pm

There's some scale/brand comparison photos toward the end of this blog post, if seeing some different moulds might help : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about CollectA horse sizes   Question about CollectA horse sizes Empty

Back to top Go down

Question about CollectA horse sizes
Page 1 of 1