Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 3

Go down 
+2
Pardofelis
tjjtjjtjja
6 posters
AuthorMessage
tjjtjjtjja

tjjtjjtjja

Country/State : China/Shanghai

Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 3 Empty
PostSubject: Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 3   Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 3 EmptyThu 02 Jul 2020, 04:12

Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 3, all 13 types, 2011.3
01. Scleropages formosus (Red)
02. Scleropages formosus (Gold)
03. Lethotremus awae (Red)
04. Lethotremus awae (Green)
05. Enchelycore pardalis
06. Pterois volitans
07. Carcharhinus brachyurus
08. Pseudocarcinus gigas
09. Carettochelys insculpta
10. Spheniscus humboldti
11. Phoca largha
12. Orcinus orca
13. Balaenoptera musculus (Skeleton)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 3   Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 3 EmptyThu 02 Jul 2020, 09:19

They're amazing! I would love to see the figures together with a ruler Very Happy Some of them are very tempting for my collection! :)

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 3   Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 3 EmptyThu 02 Jul 2020, 09:27

So special

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 3   Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 3 EmptyThu 02 Jul 2020, 11:41

Some are going on my wish list

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 3   Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 3 EmptyThu 02 Jul 2020, 12:19

Again great work with penguins. Here it is also correctly represented the Humboldt and no way of confusion with a South African. Japanese companies are always scientifically accurate but we already know it.

Brettnj

Country/State : USA/New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 3   Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 3 EmptyThu 02 Jul 2020, 20:36

I don't recall where but I know I alluded to this in another post, but only slightly and generically. And I don't think I asked the ultimate question...

When I first discovered that Kaiyodo resumed  producing animal figures after its several years break (and started my years long search for a source in Japan so I could afford to buy the new ones (due to their ridiculously inappropriate high eBay prices), one thing I noticed immediately was that among the many extraordinary aquarium figures that were made while I wasn't aware it was happening, a handful were sculpted in a very clearly un-Kaiyodo-like, sometimes stylized, more simplistic toy-like manner.

That made me nervous since I saw a disproportionate amount like that upon my first eBay search and scroll. Luckily it was only a small percentage of those I'd missed.

The two Lethotremus awae above were among these, along with, from memory, the sawfish, manatee, one of the swimming penguins, the Sunshine Aquarium divers and eels, diving sea lion, and cuttlefish. several from set 5, and maybe another or two.

But with all of the discussion of Kaiyodo's quality, I've never seen this discussed anywhere.

Dirk (or anyone), do you know if these were sculpted by someone else or otherwise what accounts for the difference in style? Was it a marketing effort to test appeal to young children?
Back to top Go down
tjjtjjtjja

tjjtjjtjja

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 3   Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 3 EmptyFri 03 Jul 2020, 02:52

Brettnj wrote:

Dirk (or anyone), do you know if these were sculpted by someone else or otherwise what accounts for the difference in style? Was it a marketing effort to test appeal to young children?

Oh, you are very sensitive to model style. I think the reason you said different styles is because they are different prototypers, like this set, a total of 7prototypers participated in the design of this set.

Brettnj

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 3   Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 3 EmptyFri 03 Jul 2020, 04:29

What is a prototyper? Which set are you referencing?

And yes, very sensitive, for better or worse...
Back to top Go down
tjjtjjtjja

tjjtjjtjja

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 3   Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 3 EmptyFri 03 Jul 2020, 06:48

Brettnj wrote:
What is a prototyper? Which set are you referencing?

And yes, very sensitive, for better or worse...

The prototyper means figure designer. I checked the information, there are 7 different prototypers in Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 3.

Brettnj

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 3   Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 3 EmptyFri 03 Jul 2020, 14:25

I've often wondered what percentage of figures Matsumura Shinobu sculpted since we (or I, at least) only ever hear his name.

I had no idea though, that so many others were involved.

I still don't quite get why some of the ones I mentioned are so different, but I appreciate the information.
Back to top Go down
tjjtjjtjja

tjjtjjtjja

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 3   Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 3 EmptyFri 03 Jul 2020, 14:52

Brettnj wrote:
I've often wondered what percentage of figures Matsumura Shinobu sculpted since we (or I, at least) only ever hear his name.

I had no idea though, that so many others were involved.

I still don't quite get why some of the ones I mentioned are so different, but I appreciate the information.

Matsumura Shinobu sculpted 3,4,12 in this set. He is one of the most famous animal designers in Kaiyodo.

Brettnj

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 3   Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 3 EmptyFri 03 Jul 2020, 15:15

He--very surprisingly to me--sculpted the two (one sculpt) I note as stylized.

The good thing to learn is that there are so many talented sculptors.

It's awesome that you have access to and share this information. Again, thanks for doing so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 3   Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 3
Page 1 of 1