Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons

Go down 
+6
landrover
75senta75
SUSANNE
rogerpgvg
Roger
costicuba
10 posters
AuthorMessage
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons Empty
PostSubject: Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons   Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons EmptyThu Jul 30, 2020 4:37 am

Hi everybody,
I got some wonderful Tiptoi models , with a big help from our so kind and generous friend - Yvette cheers
and I would like to show it to you.

But I am making this topic also, because I would like to share some interesting information with you.

When I asked Yvette to help me with getting some of these models , actually this became a hard job for her,
because she found out , that the shops in Munich, which normaly sels Tiptopi models, doesn`t have them anymore.
Then Yvette got the information, that actually Ravensburger has stoped with producing Tiptoi models.

When exactly this happened, we don`t know ... Maybe this year, maybe last one..
But one is sure now, Tiptoi line is retired.

But, as we know Yvette, when she says, that she will find something, she is doing it !  Very Happy
And yes, she found for me all models, which were in my wish list  cheers
She got most of them from different sellers on german auctions and the good thing is,
that also she found some models for her collection too  cheers

Ok, now back to the models in my collection.

Some of them are missing on TAW, so I made also a special photos.
So please TAW editors, be welcome to use it  :)

Let`s start with the African elephants :

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-060224

Here is the male :

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-060256

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-060158

and the lovely calf :

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-060124

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-060057

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-060025

And some comparisons of both models :

The Tiptoi male, together with Papo :

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-055639

and with older Bullyland :

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-055612

the Tiptoi calf, together with Bullyland and Re-Ment :

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-055742

also with Papo and the beautiful PNSO :

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-055713

Now, let`s see the Asian Elephant :

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-055959

I like this one a lot. It is very charming, but also it has a very nice sculpted, and painted details.
It look`s to me, like young, not fully grown elephant ..

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-055900

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-055826

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-055933

Some comparisons of it, together with Papo :

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-055534

and Bully :

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-055502

Here are the Giraffes :

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-055400

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-055333

I like both of them very much.

here is the adult :

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-055428

But I like especially the calf. It has great proportions :

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-055259

The Tiptoi adult Giraffe, together with Mojo and Papo :

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-055206

and the calf, together with Papo and Schleich :

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-055234

I have also this lovely Impala .
We have it on TAW already, but I used the Lego block, just to show here the size :

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-055122

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-055047

Comparison with Papo :

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-055009

and also with Thomson's gazelles by Shcleich and Nayab :

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-054928

But my absolutelly favorite from all of them, are these so beautiful donkeys :

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-054851

The mom is very charming :

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-054822

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-054700

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-054750

And this so adorable and lovely foal :

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-054627

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-054515

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-054549

Let`s see the mom, together with another, also very charming one by Papo :

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-054355

They look very similar in poses... Look, even the ears hear the same noise  Very Happy

And two lovely foals, meat each other for the photo..
Tiptoi and Mojo, made by Anna :) :

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-054436

These are all Tiptoi models, which I got thank`s to Yvette  sunny
Thank you very much my dear friend !

And I will share two more, which I already have from before, because of the good help from Andreas :)

Tiptoi male Gorilla :

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-054129

together with Schleich :

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-054046

And a nice Black rhino :

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-054215

with papo :

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons 20200729-054001

Thank`s for watching  sunny

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons   Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons EmptyThu Jul 30, 2020 12:07 pm

Fantastic topic to celebrate the end of an animal themed series. Laughing
You are lucky of knowing a lady from Munich with a magic wand that can resuscitate what doesnt exist anymore. You're right, Tiptoi models are more than decent to join our teams of models from most famous brands. They have also their own design what turns them far from being boring.
Some interesting aspects, the way they painted the giraffe with the spots covering almost entirely their legs. Spots are too much regular but the painting scheme is interesting. Donkeys are lovely, I also like them a lot. For a last note, , although you already owned it, the black rhino is a very interesting model, the high posture, short head, all features correctly represented to the species.
I will take care of your Lego photos for TAW. Very Happy

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons   Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons EmptyThu Jul 30, 2020 1:28 pm

Never heard of the brand, but they are very beautiful. I especially like the elephant calf and the donkeys. Why do they have a large "droplet" on their hips?

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons   Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons EmptyFri Jul 31, 2020 9:19 am

Beautyful photos, and such nice models !
I have never seen the elephants before, and they are a great surprise Applause Applause
I have the donkeys, of course, and also the antelope, which fits really well with the models

Thankyou very much, dear Kosta !!!

When they were launced, I got an agreement with Ravensburger that they would mail me when they had new models, so I could up-date TAW, but now I see that I have not heard from them since 2017 Shocked
And here you tell us the reason .....
Still I can see that TAW is not up-dated, for insrtance the Elephant calves are not there.

rogerpgvg wrote:
Never heard of the brand, but they are very beautiful. I especially like the elephant calf and the donkeys. Why do they have a large "droplet" on their hips?

The orange "drop" is a kind of app. You need a special pen, and when you touch it to the spot, you can hear something about the animal.
I am not sure it was a very good idea, because most people find it ruins the model.

Also, I am sure the idea was too late.
Perhaps 20 -30 years ago children would have found it exiting, but these days they have everything on their phone,
Also, the pen was quite expensive, and the speak was in German, which limits the market a lot.

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons   Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons EmptyFri Jul 31, 2020 9:46 pm

Interesting idea, but yes, they could have made the spot a bit less obvious. Do the animals or the pen speak?

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons   Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 2:04 am

Wow, what a great presentation of the Tiptoi animals!
The photos are beautiful, especially the light shading on the outer edge is very nice.

First a presentation of each model and then together with models from other companies.

Kosta, you were surprised, that the Tiptoi animals could not be ordered online on the official homepage by Ravensburger although other tiptoi products like games or puzzles could be ordered there.

Ravensburger shows the animal models, but writes that they are only available in stores:

https://www.ravensburger.de/produkte/tiptoi/tiptoi-spielfiguren/tiptoi-afrikanischer-elefantenbulle-00356/index.html

OK, so I thought, the problem is easy to solve. I will buy them from a shop in the city next time.
So far for years they have been available in toy shops, a large bookstore and various department stores. They were available everywhere, just like the Schleich figures.

First I visited the biggest toy store in Munich: They have a big range of Tiptoi articles, but no more animal figures. The seller said, they were taken out of the assortment. Why, he doesn't know it.

Now I became curious and asked in two other department stores. But also with the same result. They lhave a large assortment of Tiptoi items from Ravensburger - but no more animal figures. The same in the bookstore. Everywhere the sellers said the same thing.

I found the Tiptoi figures on Ebay and various online flea markets. When they arrived at my home and waited for shipping, they were standing on my shelves next to figures of different brands. So I notiiced, that they fit very well together. This is also shown by Kosta's comparison pictures very well! The orange dot is not really disturbing. I also bought some figures for my own collection. Kosta's pictures show very impressively, how beautifully the figures are modeled, the quality is very good. Interesting is, the sellers in the different shops could not say - or maybe did not want it - who is the manufacturer of the Tiptoi figures. Some sellers suspected, that Schleich produced the animals for Ravensburger. But, that was a "trade secret" at Ravensburger.
That was the story for hunting the Tiptoi figures with some intresting results. Very Happy sunny study
Many thanks Kosta for these interesting topic with all the very nice pictures! sunny

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons   Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 2:10 am

Very nice photos, KOsta.

And interesting hunt by Ivette.

cheers cheers cheers

75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons   Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 2:19 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
Interesting idea, but yes, they could have made the spot a bit less obvious. Do the animals or the pen speak?

Roger, the Tiptoi digital pen contains a sensor. If you move this pen over the orange dot, a code is read. An audio file is then played back in the pen via loudspeaker. The pen works with AAA batteries. This is how the pen speaks. Tiptoi is an artificial word, made up of the German word "Tippen /antippen (to touch)" and the English word "toy" for the German word "Spielzeug" (toy).

Some more informations:
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiptoi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMPYoqVeutU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GldzwKMBuuc

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons   Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 2:33 am

Love those donkeys! Applause
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons   Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 5:43 am

Thank you very much everybody for your nice comments :)

Yes, Roger (Portugal) , you noticed very well ( and I was sure that you will do that Very Happy ), that hte legs of the  giraffes are painted very well . Especially on the calf, which is actually a very small model, with very thin legs, the spots are a lot ...all over.. and the model look`s very good.
Alo I like very much the black rhino. The body and these long legs are just perfect. Roger, you pointed that the short head is tipical for a black rhino... I only think that on this model , the head is too short...
Actually we had discuss this model with Kiki ,you and me in the past... somewere on other topic.

Thank you Susanne and Yvette for answering the Roger`s question about the orange "drop" on the models ... I was too late :) But you explained the reason and the technology,much better than me :)

Yvette, I want to thank you again for all the work and time, you have put , to find these models for me :)
Also if you want and when you have time, maybe you can also show some of your models here.. and to make this topic bigger  sunny

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons   Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 5:03 pm

Congratulations

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons   Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 5:29 pm

Some lovely models there,congrats!! Applause Applause

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons   Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 7:00 pm

75senta75 wrote:
Roger, the Tiptoi digital pen contains a sensor. If you move this pen over the orange dot, a code is read. An audio file is then played back in the pen via loudspeaker. The pen works with AAA batteries. This is how the pen speaks. Tiptoi is an artificial word, made up of the German word "Tippen /antippen (to touch)" and the English word "toy" for the German word "Spielzeug" (toy).

Nice idea. I suppose it would have been better if the animals themselves could speak, but then each animal would need to have a loudspeaker, which would make them too expensive.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons   Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 9:07 pm

All pictures are now at the Toy Animal Wiki. :)

costicuba wrote:
Thank you very much everybody for your nice comments :)

Yes, Roger (Portugal) , you noticed very well ( and I was sure that you will do that Very Happy ), that hte legs of the  giraffes are painted very well . Especially on the calf, which is actually a very small model, with very thin legs, the spots are a lot ...all over.. and the model look`s very good.
Alo I like very much the black rhino. The body and these long legs are just perfect. Roger, you pointed that the short head is tipical for a black rhino... I only think that on this model , the head is too short...
Actually we had discuss this model with Kiki ,you and me in the past... somewere on other topic.

Yes, you're right. One of the differences between black and white rhinos is that the former have shorter heads but surely not as small as the Tiptoi model. Laughing However, it turns the figure quite recognizable for the featured species.

molla.nasreddin

Country/State : Iran

PostSubject: Re: Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons   Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons EmptySat Oct 21, 2023 7:52 am

Why black rhino of papo is shining?
is it oily? or that's original color
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons   Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons EmptySat Oct 21, 2023 10:51 am

molla.nasreddin wrote:
Why black rhino of papo is shining?
is it oily? or that's original color

It is original color. Papo black rhino has a fine texture, almost smooth and the painting results somewhat glossy. I don't know how it is with newer samples but it usually doesn't have a matte finish.

PostSubject: Re: Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons   Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons Empty

Back to top Go down

Some Tiptoi models - walkarounds and comparisons
Page 1 of 1