Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ovcharka/Caucasian Mountain Dog

Go down 
+5
SUSANNE
widukind
landrover
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Ovcharka/Caucasian Mountain Dog Empty
PostSubject: Ovcharka/Caucasian Mountain Dog   Ovcharka/Caucasian Mountain Dog EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 12:23 am

These two figures have a story behind them. A few years ago a wonderful member on this forum (unfortunately hasn't been back for some years now) was a wonderful sculptor. She made these two models for me, the Bullyland Saint Bernard custom she painted herself quite masterfully after the herding variety of this breed. As this member had to hurriedly settle her last trades/art projects, the other Papo Newfoundland custom she left blank for me to paint. I have some artistic skill, but I in no way claim to be very good at it. This gaurding variety of the breed has a more neutral wild form style coloration that I struggled with. I painted it once and hated the turn out, put the figure back into my customs box where it has lay until now. I took another crack at it, and although its not perfect nor quite what I had foolishly hoped for, I was satisfied with the result. Thus, his first presentation... Lea, if you ever see this, I hope I did ok on my paint job. (Note, my fixatif dried more glossy than I remember it being... but oh well.)
(I swear the figure I painted looks much better in person, the camera is trying to sabotage me! Wink Or at least in comparison to such a masterful paintjob... )
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lea even included a wonderful detail on the herding type model, heterochromatic eyes!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Ovcharka/Caucasian Mountain Dog   Ovcharka/Caucasian Mountain Dog EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 12:54 am

Lea has an unusual talent. I really hope she is doing well and we miss her on forum. I am sure she will love your work if she ever visits this topic. Wonderful picture again. :)

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Ovcharka/Caucasian Mountain Dog   Ovcharka/Caucasian Mountain Dog EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 1:38 am

it is really a good job , you are lucky . Applause Applause

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Ovcharka/Caucasian Mountain Dog   Ovcharka/Caucasian Mountain Dog EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 8:23 am

Good work :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Ovcharka/Caucasian Mountain Dog   Ovcharka/Caucasian Mountain Dog EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 1:00 pm

Wonderful models cheers

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Ovcharka/Caucasian Mountain Dog   Ovcharka/Caucasian Mountain Dog EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 9:55 pm

2 wonderful models,congrats Paige Applause Applause Applause

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Ovcharka/Caucasian Mountain Dog   Ovcharka/Caucasian Mountain Dog EmptySat Aug 29, 2020 5:10 pm

Thank you everyone. Smile

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Ovcharka/Caucasian Mountain Dog   Ovcharka/Caucasian Mountain Dog EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 12:01 am

I am so happy seeing one more friend , with artistic skills here cheers
And I am a huge fan of Lea`s sculpts , she is amazing !
And i think, you did a great job with giving wonderful colours on these two models.
Both dogs look really nice and I love them ! You should be proud of what you`ve done Applause

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Ovcharka/Caucasian Mountain Dog   Ovcharka/Caucasian Mountain Dog EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 1:41 am

I was wondering when you would see and what you would say. Wink Thank you for your encouraging words my friend.

Of course, when they are my work, I see all the faults. But everyone here only has nice things to say. Thank you all again! :)

Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Ovcharka/Caucasian Mountain Dog   Ovcharka/Caucasian Mountain Dog EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 2:34 am

Embarassed Thank you for your words to me ... and I am honest with my words to you Very Happy
And ups ... after reading more corefuly, I saw, that actually it was Lea who painted the Bullyland Saint Bernard. But the Papo one look`s as good as the other one :)
I really like how you painted it.
Did you use the satin varnish ? I think it is a bit too shiny ... maybe when you have also a mat varnish one day, you can put it , I think it will look even better. :)

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Ovcharka/Caucasian Mountain Dog   Ovcharka/Caucasian Mountain Dog EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 2:40 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Of course, when they are my work, I see all the faults.

I think this is a statement true to all of us!
Your work really is lovely, the Newfcharka is beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Ovcharka/Caucasian Mountain Dog   Ovcharka/Caucasian Mountain Dog EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 2:45 am

Yes I should just go buy a matte and respray it. The one I used was bought back in high school for art projects and doesn't say what finish it gives, but it is a bit too glossy for my liking. Lea's paint job is so detailed, you can even see skin splotches of pigment underneath the fur (effect). I don't have that level of skill, but my color choice and blending worked better this paint round than before. So I can't complain! Very Happy

Thank you again Kosta and Kelly! Wink

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Ovcharka/Caucasian Mountain Dog   Ovcharka/Caucasian Mountain Dog EmptyMon Sep 14, 2020 2:12 pm

What a great pair! Beautiful models, both of them Very Happy I'm a huge fan of Lea's works too but I haven't seen those dogs before!
Lovely paintwork on the brown one too, great job Applause

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Ovcharka/Caucasian Mountain Dog   Ovcharka/Caucasian Mountain Dog EmptyMon Sep 14, 2020 9:06 pm

Thank you Ana, I appreciate your words. Lea has some extraordinary talent with scultping and painting that is for sure!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ovcharka/Caucasian Mountain Dog   Ovcharka/Caucasian Mountain Dog Empty

Back to top Go down

Ovcharka/Caucasian Mountain Dog
Page 1 of 1