Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Usernames and animals

Go down 
+10
pipsxlch
Roger
castlerigg
endogenylove
landrover
Advicot
rogerpgvg
Caracal
SUSANNE
aschuck
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

Usernames and animals Empty
PostSubject: Usernames and animals   Usernames and animals EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 2:40 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Okay, here we go! Calling all the Sts forum members. What animal in your collections gets first place on your favorite animals list? The reason why I ask is because I'm thinking of making a sort of animal and username representation thingy for eacch Sts Member. For example, the representation of my username would be the AAA Snowy Owl 23206 carrying the word Aschuck in its talons. The word itself would be in large wooden block letters. And I would imagine Roger's username representation would be a female fox curled up around the word Roger. You get the idea? We would all use animals that get first place on our favorite animal lists, and depending on the username, we would combine the favorite animal with the corresponding username. Seriously, I think it's pretty cool. What do you all think? Should we give this a shot? Well, let me know what you think, because either way, I'm probably going to do my representation anyway. Well, if anyone likes this creative idea, then let me know.

Aschuck
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Usernames and animals   Usernames and animals EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 8:28 am

WOW ! That sounds like great fun , and I am very exited to see what you make out of it bounce

But my favorite, - that is a hard one scratch

Siamese cat, lemurs, donkeys, cheetahs, llamas and alapacas, foxes, hyenas, wild dogs, Icelandic horse, reindeer, and, and...

There are so many wonderful animals Wink

Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Usernames and animals   Usernames and animals EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 11:46 am

My favorite animal is probably the european wild cat (Felis silvestris silvestris) and my username is caracal.. scratch
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Usernames and animals   Usernames and animals EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 1:13 pm

Great idea. Do you mean what species or what animal figure is our favourite (both would be interesting)? My favourite animal is probably the cheetah. My favourite figure is my avatar, the Britains polar bear. Not the best figure, but the one with the best childhood memories.

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

PostSubject: Usernames and Animals info.   Usernames and animals EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 5:18 pm

Dear Sts friends:

Well, first, a little clarification:

When I said favorite animal, I meant species. We can use either figures from our collections, or drawings or whatever, as long as the animal species and the username are both combined in the picture. Makes sense, doesn't it? Anyway, if anyone needs help with this, then let me know.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Usernames and animals   Usernames and animals EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 5:41 pm

Ooh this a truly fab idea!

Now I think it would look good for any username to be written in krill and have the big Papo blue whale come and swallow it up. It may work best as an animation

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Usernames and animals   Usernames and animals EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 7:25 pm

My username is Landrover and my prefer animal is the elephant

Usernames and animals SDC12637

endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Usernames and animals   Usernames and animals EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 7:30 pm

This seems like a fun idea! I would definitely choose the CollectA Saola as my species/figure of choice :)

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Usernames and animals   Usernames and animals EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 9:20 pm

My favourite species, the cheetah:
Usernames and animals Kaiyod29
(Kaiyodo Amazing Animals Cheetah)
Back to top Go down
castlerigg

castlerigg

PostSubject: Re: Usernames and animals   Usernames and animals EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 10:10 pm

Mmmmm .... ours would have to be a male Sable Antelope, galloping between the stones of the Castlerigg stone circle towards a limitless horizon.

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Usernames and animals   Usernames and animals EmptySat Sep 05, 2020 1:01 am

Anna, I think I will surprise you. The animal in my avatar, a small picture we use to help locating our posts, is a sarcosuchus, a prehistoric animal that looks like a crocodile with a narrow snouth.
My favourite species is the giant anteater. My username is the Anglicisation of my name Rogério. However, I enjoyed reading your representation with the curled fox. I also think the snowy owl is a very good choice for you.

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Usernames and animals   Usernames and animals EmptySat Sep 05, 2020 2:47 am

It sounds like a fun idea!
Hmm, for my favorite species I'd have a hard time. Certainly goldfish, as the avatar of my well loved ranchu 'Snotface' shows, are favorites and the species I concentrate most on in my figure collection. But my name comes from my sorely missed Australian shepherd Pip.
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Usernames and animals   Usernames and animals EmptySat Sep 05, 2020 10:39 pm

Sue and Lesley, don't forget the truly gorgeous hills behind it! They NEED to be incorporated

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
castlerigg

castlerigg

PostSubject: Re: Usernames and animals   Usernames and animals EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 12:38 pm

Adam, the reference is to the quote "Hope is a white horse, running towards an infinite horizon", with Hippotragus Niger substituting for the horse.

As I'm now three years into "extra time" since my last cancer operation, Hope is what I need!

Lesley
castlerigg.
Back to top Go down
Mitsukuni

Mitsukuni

Country/State : United states/ohio

PostSubject: Re: Usernames and animals   Usernames and animals EmptySun Sep 20, 2020 4:56 am

Been thinking about this and I would definitely like to try to use this great idea and create one for myself, it would have to be a striped hyena for me:D
And to Lesley, we haven’t talked but I can see after only being on the forum for a few months now that you and Sue are absolute darlings and incredible people in this community, it breaks my heart that you have had such a diagnosis, and I wanted to tell you to continue to hold onto hope and that you are in my prayers.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Usernames and animals   Usernames and animals EmptySun Sep 20, 2020 7:55 am

Oh no! Lesley, I am so sorry to hear that. You two have been a Forum staple even from when I joined. I have enjoyed your collection displays on forum, and I hope to see many more. flower

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Usernames and animals   Usernames and animals EmptySun Sep 20, 2020 8:09 am

Lesley, my dear friend !
I hope so much that you will get many more years, and that they will all be good years flower

Mitsukuni

Mitsukuni

PostSubject: Re: Usernames and animals   Usernames and animals EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 2:13 am

Finished it:)

Usernames and animals B0e95010

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Usernames and animals   Usernames and animals EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 8:28 am

WOW !!! Isabella, did you make that ? affraid
Absolutely wonderful Applause Applause Very Happy

Mitsukuni

Mitsukuni

PostSubject: Re: Usernames and animals   Usernames and animals EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 3:14 pm

@susanne yes, I drew it on my iPad with the procreate app:) thank you so much Susanne!! I’m so glad you like it Very Happy

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Usernames and animals   Usernames and animals EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 4:24 pm

It's absolutely fab!

Back to top Go down
Mitsukuni

Mitsukuni

PostSubject: Re: Usernames and animals   Usernames and animals EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 5:44 pm

@advicot thank you Adam!

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Usernames and animals   Usernames and animals EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 6:01 pm

Wow, great job! I love your artistic style.

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Mitsukuni

Mitsukuni

PostSubject: Re: Usernames and animals   Usernames and animals EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 8:31 pm

@saarlooswolfhound thank you! I appreciate you saying so Very Happy

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Usernames and animals   Usernames and animals EmptyFri Sep 25, 2020 12:52 am

Looks wonderful, do I see some Japanese style on it, Isabella?
Really very artistic representation. cheers

PostSubject: Re: Usernames and animals   Usernames and animals Empty

Back to top Go down

Usernames and animals
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next