Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

light custom of Papo smilodon

Go down 
+2
Advicot
Caracal
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

light custom of Papo smilodon Empty
PostSubject: light custom of Papo smilodon   light custom of Papo smilodon EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 4:39 pm

When  I bought the Papo smilodon 9 years ago, I was deceptive for Papo had already released many very beautiful cats and I found this figure a little too big, straight and slim. So ..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

.. I decided to make its chin and cheeks a little thicker..

.. and its body too! (on left)..

.. and on right, with WePAM paste.
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: light custom of Papo smilodon   light custom of Papo smilodon EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 4:55 pm

Very good Alain

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: light custom of Papo smilodon   light custom of Papo smilodon EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 7:15 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: light custom of Papo smilodon   light custom of Papo smilodon EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 8:32 pm

The head is certainly much, much better Applause Applause

But I find it hard to see a difference in the body, because of the angle they are photographed , - probably my fault, I am not very good at perspective geek

Amazing how you have been able to hit the same colour as the original Very Happy

Thankyou for sharing !!!

Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: light custom of Papo smilodon   light custom of Papo smilodon EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 9:45 pm

Thank you Adam, Andreas and Susanne! :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: light custom of Papo smilodon   light custom of Papo smilodon EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 9:59 pm

Papo really failed with that smilodon but it was already discussed heavily here.
Giving more bulk to it is surely a good decision once smilodons are half way between felines and bears in terms of robusteness.

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: light custom of Papo smilodon   light custom of Papo smilodon EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 10:07 pm

You're right Rogério, Papo failed with this one and even more with the second one! :/
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: light custom of Papo smilodon   light custom of Papo smilodon EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 12:59 am

Caracal wrote:
You're right Rogério, Papo failed with this one and even more with the second one! :/

I agree completely, if this one is not accurate for a smilodon, it looks exciting as a random action figure. However, the current model works more like a kind of joke.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: light custom of Papo smilodon   light custom of Papo smilodon EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 7:21 pm

Roger wrote:
.....However, the current model works more like a kind of joke.

Of course I had to get mine, - me stands on a shelf in the bedroom.
You are right , he is more a fantasy toy for little boys ....grrrrr !!!  Cool  Laughing

He would go well together with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: light custom of Papo smilodon   light custom of Papo smilodon EmptyWed Sep 23, 2020 12:48 am

Laughing It is always embarrassing to make a negative comment about a model when we know some friends have it. I have lots of jokes in my collection and I really love some of them. Every model has its place as a collectible and my observations are related with what I expect from what is supposed to be a realistic rendition of a smilodon. Thanks for illustrating this topic with your smilolion, Susanne. flower Wink

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: light custom of Papo smilodon   light custom of Papo smilodon EmptyWed Sep 23, 2020 9:06 am

.. But I have it too you know.. as a testimony of "comic" or "Chap Meï" Papo version! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: light custom of Papo smilodon   light custom of Papo smilodon EmptyWed Sep 23, 2020 10:30 am

Don't worry, Roger, we love your jokes

Caracal wrote:
.. But I have it too you know.. as a testimony of "comic" or "Chap Meï" Papo version! Very Happy

cheers  A Phapo Mei model lol!

Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: light custom of Papo smilodon   light custom of Papo smilodon EmptyWed Sep 23, 2020 12:54 pm

Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: light custom of Papo smilodon   light custom of Papo smilodon EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 1:07 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Don't worry, Roger, we love your jokes

Laughing Thanks! Wink

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: light custom of Papo smilodon   light custom of Papo smilodon EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 3:26 pm

And what would the forum be without them?

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: light custom of Papo smilodon   light custom of Papo smilodon EmptyTue Sep 29, 2020 2:21 am

Very good retouch work on this model Alain ! Applause

And of course we love your comments Roger . Positive or negative ... and we love your jokes ! Very Happy
And I think, that the last Papo Smilo is also a joke ... but a nice one Very Happy
That`s why I am also from the team : Susanne, Alain .. and I also have it .
I couldn`r resist this joke in my collection. Laughing
A very well made fantasy model , with wonderful details, which only Papo can make.
And like Susanne said, made for little boys ... but since she also has it, i would say, also made for girls Very Happy

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: light custom of Papo smilodon   light custom of Papo smilodon EmptyTue Sep 29, 2020 8:42 pm

Very Happy yah! Kosta is back!
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: light custom of Papo smilodon   light custom of Papo smilodon EmptyWed Sep 30, 2020 12:03 am

Caracal wrote:
Very Happy yah! Kosta is back!

cheers Laughing sunny

PostSubject: Re: light custom of Papo smilodon   light custom of Papo smilodon Empty

Back to top Go down

light custom of Papo smilodon
Page 1 of 1