Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!

Go down 
+12
Tupolew Tu-154
landrover
RtasVadumee
LukaLeon085
bmathison1972
Saarlooswolfhound
lucky luke
widukind
Bloodrayne
Bonnie
Roger
Joliezac
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!  Empty
PostSubject: Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!    Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!  EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 5:22 pm

Here I will be posting some images of Papo's 2021 figures along with some similar species/sized species to help anyone decide if they would like to add it to their collection.

Figures Include:
-Grey Heron
-Emu
-Emu Chick
-Starfish
- American Black Bear
-European Robin
-Canada Goose
-Guinea Pig
-Megalodon
-Lobster
-Smilodon

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here are the Papo emus with the Mojo emu:
Papo emu with the Schleich ostrich and Mojo emu:
Papo emu chick with the Schleich & CollectA ostrich chicks:

Here is the Papo grey heron with the Safari roseate spoonbill, CollectA shoebill, and Papo marabou stork:
The Papo starfish with the Safari TOOB blue starfish:
I didn't have any other starfish figures to compare it with so I placed the starfish with the Papo Moorish idol, Papo blue tang, and CollectA boxfish:

Finally for this set, the Papo American black bear repaint with the Schleich and Safari bears:
And here is the black bear with the other known species, (I couldn't fit in the sloth bear but you get the idea):

Last edited by Joliezac on Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:01 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!    Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!  EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 6:23 pm

Great and useful pictures. It is important to know their sizes even if we always have to be tolerant with their incoerences. Obviously a heron can't be so large next to an emu, etc., etc., but as long as they work nicely with other related figures, it will work for me.
The starfish is already a very small figure but if the scale was taken seriously, it needed to be diminute.
Looking forward to see your next models. Very Happy

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!    Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!  EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 6:36 pm

Very interesting and useful photos! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!    Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!  EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 10:03 pm

Thank you! These pics are very educational. I never realized that the Papo heron was that big.
I still ordered it though. Very Happy Because it's beautiful.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!    Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!  EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 7:19 am

Nice pictures of phantastic figures.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!    Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!  EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 11:15 am

Very Happy Applause cheers Cool
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!    Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!  EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 4:50 pm

Really great topic! I love them all. The only one I am not totally a fan of is the black bear with his brown feet, but overall these new releases are great!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!    Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!  EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 7:27 pm

Today I received 3 more 2021 figures! The Canada goose, European robin, and guinea pig!

First up, here is the European robin. I absolutely LOVE this figure, it is so tiny and detailed I love you I love you Obviously it is not perfectly in scale, but I think Papo is doing a great job at scaling down their figures as this is now one of the smallest birds I own from a major brand.

Here is the robin with the Schleich raven, Papo kingfisher, Yowie ivory-billed woodpecker, and Safari mockingbird:

Here is the European robin next to the Safari TOOB American robin:

Next up is the Canada goose. Again the paintwork is just stunning on this model and I am very happy to have it added to my collection. Here it is next to the only other Canada goose I have: The Safari TOOB Canada goose.

And here is the goose next to the CollectA gander, Safari brown pelican, and Schleich peregrine falcon:

Last up is the adorable and again very detailed guinea pig. Next to Schleich's guinea pig and hamster:

Next to Schleich's black and white rabbit, ferret, and mouse:

Papo made my favorite figures by far this year and I am very happy to finally have all 5 of their new birds. I can't wait to see what they come up with next year  bounce  bounce

I will update this post again when I get the last 3 figures I need or if anyone would like more comparisons or pictures I'm happy to do so, hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!    Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!  EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 8:04 pm

Wow, wow, wow- the Robin! cheers
So detailed, so realistic, the sculpt is perfect- such a delightful little robin! Very Happy I'm so tempted by this beauty- even though I'm a dog collector I'm sure they'll all make space for this lovely bird on the shelves! Wink
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!    Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!  EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 8:09 pm

THANK YOU for the comparison pics of the Canada geese. I think I will stick with the Safari figure.

Can't wait to get the European robin, however!
Back to top Go down
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!    Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!  EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 10:46 pm

Wonderful photos, thank cyclops drunken

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!    Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!  EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 11:50 pm

I think I want both, I am really impressed with the Canada goose and the robin. Well, all others are beautiful, just not my collecting subject.
I wasn't thinking about the robin and it is a tube sized figure with a big price but it seems really detailed and of a superior quality. Thanks for your pictures, they really helped a lot!

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!    Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!  EmptyWed Aug 18, 2021 12:43 am

Believe it or not but despite oversizing, the robin is not SO ridiculous next to the raven, I'm even more happy to have it now. Safari mockingbird added to the wish list, thanks for that ! An American robin would be nice too, I have seen many of them in Central Park.

It seems that many of you own the Safari grey pelican which is in my mind an extremely rare and precious figure.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!    Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!  EmptyWed Aug 18, 2021 12:45 am

Congrats on the new models, and thank you for the comparisons! These are all lovely as well.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!    Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!  EmptyWed Aug 18, 2021 1:35 am

Very nice comparisons. Beautiful photos Applause Wink

Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!    Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!  EmptyWed Aug 18, 2021 6:12 am

The robin is really beautiful. I hope Papo makes more small garden birds for 2022. Blue tit for example.

And the guinea pig is nice. ^^

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!    Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!  EmptyWed Aug 18, 2021 9:28 pm

Great comparison pictures-will be getting all these models!

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!    Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!  EmptyThu Aug 19, 2021 7:52 pm

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
The robin is really beautiful. I hope Papo makes more small garden birds for 2022. Blue tit for example.

And the guinea pig is nice. ^^

I love that idea! More garden birds would be wonderful
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!    Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!  EmptyThu Aug 19, 2021 8:51 pm

Very Happy cheers Applause Applause Applause study Cool
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!    Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!  EmptyThu Aug 19, 2021 8:56 pm

I received both heron and robin today and I'm very impressed with the immaculate paint job Papo has given these birds. That's the Papo I know from the good old days. Absolutely perfect! sunny

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!    Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!  EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 12:33 am

Today I received the Papo megalodon figure cheers I did a walkaround but if anyone would just like to see comparison photos I'll post them here as well cheers

Walkaround: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

With Safari's Monterey Bay Aquarium great white shark

With Safari's Ichthyosaurus

Papo whale shark

Safari kronosaurus

I don't have too many prehistoric marine figures to compare with but I do have quite a few major brand sharks if you would like more comparisons, just let me know  Very Happy I really like this model and although a bit too small in my opinion it does take up less space. I was really hoping to get the lobster and young smilodon before 2022 (especially the smilodon for snow photos) but it looks like they will be delayed further. Hopefully they will be available in the near future. I'll update here when I get those models  Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!    Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!  EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 12:40 am

Wonderful Megalodon cyclops drunken

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!    Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!  EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 1:02 am

I think the comparisons you're providing are more than enough to judge the size of that monster. I enjoyin seeing it with the Kronosaurus, like they are huntingmates.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!    Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!  EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 3:06 am

What a neat new brawler! Congrats.

Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!    Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!  EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 8:30 pm

I'd somehow missed this topic last year, so I've enjoyed it from the start instead of just the most recent update! The Papo birds really are gorgeous little figures, I'm especially impressed by the species I know well in the wild round here - the heron is lovely, and the robin is a dilemma cos I'd like to add it to my little selection of non-equine repaints, where I pick my personal favourite species to do customs, but the original paintwork is good enough to leave as it is so I wouldn't need to paint it, and if I'm not painting it I shouldn't be buying it Laughing

The emus are interesting, as we have one at work, and it's great seeing how the different brands handle a species which is both exotic wildlife and also so familiar and everyday now (I often give him a cuddle and scratch, he leans on me to have his feathers ruffled harder Laughing ). For me the Papo gets the face and pose more right, and the blue's got better placement and the soft fade-out on the edge is better.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!    Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo 2021 Comparisons: Young Smilodon & Lobster!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next