Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your opinion: The best figure of a ...........

Go down 
+10
lucky luke
jarda
bmathison1972
Duck-Anch-Amun
Advicot
Pardofelis
SUSANNE
Roger
rogerpgvg
widukind
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Your opinion: The best figure of a ........... Empty
PostSubject: Your opinion: The best figure of a ...........   Your opinion: The best figure of a ........... EmptyFri Sep 25, 2020 5:36 pm

We have seen any comparison topics and any "battles". So i think we can discuss here what the best figure of the different species are.

So i will start with the Papo Puma :)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by widukind on Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: The best figure of a ...........   Your opinion: The best figure of a ........... EmptyFri Sep 25, 2020 7:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sounds good, we can have battles between forum members about what the best one is Very Happy.
To start one, I find the Papo's bum a bit large. I don't have either, but how about the Mojo puma?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: The best figure of a ...........   Your opinion: The best figure of a ........... EmptyFri Sep 25, 2020 9:15 pm

I'd love to see a Battle of the Generations among members on forum. Laughing
Actually, that's a hard choice once there's no perfect puma to choose. If it was an Eurasian lynx as in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], it would be easier.
I also think the Mojö Fun young female is the best candidat although I use also the newer Papo, at least it is an adulte.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: The best figure of a ...........   Your opinion: The best figure of a ........... EmptySat Sep 26, 2020 6:14 am

Somehow I like the older Papo mountain lion . It is one of the few with the right size head, and the pose is quite unusual , almost playing Very Happy

Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: The best figure of a ...........   Your opinion: The best figure of a ........... EmptySat Sep 26, 2020 7:35 am

I can choose easily the best hirola, the best saola, the best giant pangolin, the best gharial and the best Sumatran rhinoceros Very Happy

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: The best figure of a ...........   Your opinion: The best figure of a ........... EmptySat Sep 26, 2020 8:18 am

lol!

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: The best figure of a ...........   Your opinion: The best figure of a ........... EmptySat Sep 26, 2020 10:12 am

Interesting topic as I asked myself this question. Someday, I maybe will replace some older models by newer ones. This is sureley the case for the most common figurines: Lions, Tigers, Zebra, Bears or Elephants. So, I really enjoy discussions about those presentations and why some users decided to puchase for example the CollectA instead of the Papo :)
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: The best figure of a ...........   Your opinion: The best figure of a ........... EmptySat Sep 26, 2020 11:22 am

rogerpgvg wrote:

Sounds good, we can have battles between forum members about what the best one is Very Happy.
To start one, I find the Papo's bum a bit large. I don't have either, but how about the Mojo puma?

I'll challenge you both with the Safari Ltd mountain lion Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: The best figure of a ...........   Your opinion: The best figure of a ........... EmptySat Sep 26, 2020 5:28 pm

Roger wrote:
I'd love to see a Battle of the Generations among members on forum. Laughing
Actually, that's a hard choice once there's no perfect puma to choose. If it was an Eurasian lynx as in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], it would be easier.
I also think the Mojö Fun young female is the best candidat although I use also the newer Papo, at least it is an adulte.

We can also talk about the eurasian lynx Wink

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: The best figure of a ...........   Your opinion: The best figure of a ........... EmptySat Sep 26, 2020 5:56 pm

The Breyer puma is not bad either... :)
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: The best figure of a ...........   Your opinion: The best figure of a ........... EmptySat Sep 26, 2020 7:07 pm

jarda wrote:
The Breyer puma is not bad either... :)

Very Happy Applause cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: The best figure of a ...........   Your opinion: The best figure of a ........... EmptySat Sep 26, 2020 8:20 pm

Not much agreement about the puma, lots of battles to be fought Wink OK, the Safari and newer Papo puma don't look bad. Fortunately, Pardofelis doesn't like battles Very Happy

The Breyer puma isn't on TAW, what does it look like?

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: The best figure of a ...........   Your opinion: The best figure of a ........... EmptyMon Sep 28, 2020 12:30 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Not much agreement about the puma, lots of battles to be fought Wink  OK, the Safari and newer Papo puma don't look bad. Fortunately, Pardofelis doesn't like battles Very Happy

The Breyer puma isn't on TAW, what does it look like?

Here is a picture of one of the Breyer pumas from Kosta's collection.
You can see more on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Actually, it is not easy to list Breyer following TAW standards. For example, both this puma and the fox, belong to sets with horses.

, I just think if Andreas ask for the best golden jackal on market, we will surely agree with Pardo that it is not a debatable thing. Wink

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: The best figure of a ...........   Your opinion: The best figure of a ........... EmptyMon Sep 28, 2020 4:23 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Mitsukuni

Mitsukuni

Country/State : United states/ohio

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: The best figure of a ...........   Your opinion: The best figure of a ........... EmptyMon Sep 28, 2020 5:46 pm

I don’t own any pumas but looking at the pics I have to say the Breyer puma is the winner in my eyes, followed by the Papo puma.

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: The best figure of a ...........   Your opinion: The best figure of a ........... EmptyTue Sep 29, 2020 1:58 am

I love my Breyer cougars Very Happy
But from the major brands, my favorite is the older Papo Puma.
A small , but very well made it model.
The newer one has a better size and also a nice poze..
But it has also a lot of problems with the right proportions.. That`s why , I long ago, I started to customize it, but I didn`t finnished. Maybe one day I will and I will show it here :)
And actually I just check the topic, which Roger shared and I saw that we are a lot more fans of the Papo older Puma Very Happy

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: The best figure of a ...........   Your opinion: The best figure of a ........... EmptyTue Sep 29, 2020 8:57 am

The Breyer puma certainly looks very interesting. It's often difficult to get a good impression of a figure from a single photo, so great to see it in Kosta's walk around topic.

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: The best figure of a ...........   Your opinion: The best figure of a ........... EmptySat Oct 10, 2020 4:17 am

I see that we gave our opinion for the Puma,
which will be the next animal ?

What about a Polar bear ?
If you like this suggestion, I will start with my favorite models..

I like very much the Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders :

...but it`s very big..

I also like very much the kaiyodo Wild Rush Polar bear :

...but it`s very small ...

So, form major brands , my choice goes to Papo standing Polar bear :

Which one is your favorite ? :)

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: The best figure of a ...........   Your opinion: The best figure of a ........... EmptySat Oct 10, 2020 6:03 am

Polar bears cheers

There are so many great models, it is hard to pick one scratch

But there are two I love, both from Papo. One is the one standing on his hind legs, as shown just above.
Still, I think  the older one sniffing the air ...
has so much charm and monumental power, that it is my no one drunken

Of course it helps too, that it was a gift from Roger, and one of my very first ( THE first ? ) Papo models Wink

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: The best figure of a ...........   Your opinion: The best figure of a ........... EmptySat Oct 10, 2020 10:47 am

Hard choice

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: The best figure of a ...........   Your opinion: The best figure of a ........... EmptySat Oct 10, 2020 1:26 pm

Just as Susanne, I also will choose a gift. My favourite is the Papo standing Kosta is showing and it was exactly Kosta who gave it to me. Laughing However, for a long time, my favourite was the Safari polar bear sculpted by Doug Watson that I have in my collection. I want also to mention the 2013 Papo polar bear walking that I like a lot although I never acquired it.
Both pictures below are from Susanne's collection.

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: The best figure of a ...........   Your opinion: The best figure of a ........... EmptySat Oct 10, 2020 2:07 pm

For some reason the Papo polar bears just do not look right to me (although I’ve never seen the old one sniffing the air before and I do have to say that I very much like that model). I currently have the old Schleich female polar bear (eventually to be replaced), but my vote definitely goes to the Doug Watson sculpt by Safari.

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: The best figure of a ...........   Your opinion: The best figure of a ........... EmptySat Oct 10, 2020 2:25 pm

I don't have the Papos and the Safari because they don't have the 1:32 code, so it's difficult to form an opinion. Until three days ago, I was sure that the Kaiyodo Wild Rush was the best with the 1:32 code, but then I got this Colorata and now I don't know anymore:

Perhaps the Kaiyodo looks better in photos, but in reality they are both excellent even though they look quite different.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: The best figure of a ...........   Your opinion: The best figure of a ........... EmptySat Oct 10, 2020 4:16 pm

WOW ! That colorata bear is gorgeous...also cheers

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: The best figure of a ...........   Your opinion: The best figure of a ........... EmptySat Oct 10, 2020 5:08 pm

For me, the best cougars are safari and breyer. The best polar bear I have is the safari, but I'm hoping my papo standing model arrives soon. bounce

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: The best figure of a ...........   Your opinion: The best figure of a ........... Empty

Back to top Go down

Your opinion: The best figure of a ...........
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next