Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Megaptera's Collection

Go down 
+22
Megaptera
jarda
Paleochris
George
Joliezac
rogerpgvg
Jill
Kikimalou
Bonnie
lucky luke
costicuba
spacelab
endogenylove
Caracal
Duck-Anch-Amun
SUSANNE
Taos
bmathison1972
Advicot
landrover
Pardofelis
Tiermann
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

Megaptera's Collection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2020 1:50 pm

widukind wrote:
Megaptera wrote:
Yes, we still have to visit the Dresden zoo. I wasn't in Dresden for more than 11 years Embarassed

I hope than for a meeting soon

Me too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2020 2:56 pm

Megaptera wrote:
widukind wrote:
Megaptera wrote:
Yes, we still have to visit the Dresden zoo. I wasn't in Dresden for more than 11 years Embarassed

Me too Very Happy

Please remeber pictures for the forum when you meet in the zoo bounce Very Happy

Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 4:01 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Megaptera wrote:
widukind wrote:
Megaptera wrote:

Me too Very Happy

Please remeber pictures for the forum when you meet in the zoo bounce Very Happy

OK, I can post some pictures of the zoo. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 4:07 pm

Here are my next newcomers, the Japanese Horseshoe Crab and the Ring-tailed Lemur from CollectA:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 4:11 pm

There is something wrong with the way your images are displaying.

Since I cannot see them I will ask, is this the 2020 CollectA horseshoe crab? I don't have it yet, but looking at promo pics, I assumed it was the Japanese species (and a female, too).
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 4:12 pm

...oh, now the images are loading! You have to turn the lemur around, though, it's facing the corner LOL
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 4:28 pm

PHEW! I really thought the horseshoe crab was going to be to big and now I see it I am very happy with its size, I'll just need a new shelving unit

Great additions, the lemur in my opinion is the best figure of its species

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 5:10 pm

I've turned the Lemur around Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 5:19 pm

I see the lemur is not so shy anymore. He just needed a little time to get used to the other wonderful primates Wink

And the horse show crab...if ever you have time and think it is fun, I would love to see a couple more oictures of it Very Happy

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 5:43 pm

Lemurs are so wonderful

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 6:13 pm

Beautiful figures! Congrats.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 6:45 pm

Megaptera wrote:
Here are my next newcomers, the Japanese Horseshoe Crab and the Ring-tailed Lemur from CollectA:

So, I am thinking this is the Atlantic horseshoe crab. Here is why:

1. While the first three lateral spines are longer, this can be seen in some females of the Atlantic as well as the Japanese species.
2. the armature on the prosoma is much more like the Atlantic species (the Japanese species has less-pronounced spines above the eyes)
3. the comparison of the length of the prosoma and the telson are more inline with the Atlantic
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 7:40 pm

Thank you, everyone Very Happy

@Blaine: I'm also not 100 % sure about the species level. But we had Limulus polyphemus in our zoological practicum at the University. This figure looks a lot like it. So, I'm also thinking it could be the Atlantic one. But in a former post, you have called it the Japanese one.
I've taken some more pictures of it. Maybe, they are helpful to determine the species level.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 8:04 pm

my earlier posts were presumptive, based on off-angle promo pics. I would call this an Atlantic.

see also: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

the ventral side of your pic is also supportive

Last edited by bmathison1972 on Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 8:05 pm

Thankyou for The wonderful photos Very Happy

It is a very nice model Applause

Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 9:46 pm

You are welcome, Susanne Very Happy

@Blaine: ok, I only have seen L. polyphemus and T. gigas by my own. When I had this model the first time in my hands, it reminds me of the Limulus in the practical course. I'm very happy, that this one really is this species cheers
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 9:52 pm

Megaptera wrote:
You are welcome, Susanne Very Happy

@Blaine: ok, I only have seen L. polyphemus and T. gigas by my own. When I had this model the first time in my hands, it reminds me of the Limulus in the practical course. I'm very happy, that this one really is this species cheers

I am happy too, since I have more T. tridentatus figures than L. polyphemus LOL, plus this one puts it in between the large Safari IC figure and the quite small Koro Koro figure!
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 4:42 pm

Today, in my local Papo shop, I found some new Papo models. So, I've got the Double-crested Cormorant, the Hermann's Tortoise, the European Mole, the Common Pheasant and the Golden Jackal:

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 5:11 pm

I think the Tortoise could be a Greek Tortoise subspecies called Testudo graeca ibera.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 5:27 pm

Megaptera wrote:
Today, in my local Papo shop, I found some new Papo models. So, I've got the Double-crested Cormorant, the Hermann's Tortoise, the European Mole, the Common Pheasant and the Golden Jackal:

Man, you Europeans get all the Papo and CollectA stuff earlier than the rest of us LOL (but we get Safari earlier so I guess it balances out LOL)

I plan on getting all of these except the tortoise. The pheasant looks good and the mole is a good size!

The others I plan on getting are the Irish elk, edible crab, edible (Roman) snail, and all five insects LOL
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 5:29 pm

Interesting models, I like the Pheasant .

sunny sunny sunny

Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 5:34 pm

That's not true for me! My supplier hasn't had the cormorant and the tortoise yet. Even though they had the mole, pheasant and jackal they sold out within a day!

They all seem very good and I won't take any off my wishlist

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 6:11 pm

Megaptera wrote:

Congrats!
Can you confirm that the Hermann´s Tortoise is indeed another colour variant of an earlier Papo release as some of us supposed it to be after the promo pictures? The colour varies clearly from the promo pics.
I don´t think I will purchase it, as it seems to big compare to my other turtles...
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 8:50 pm

Thank you to all of you Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: it really is the new Papo Tortoise. I don't know why they have changed the painting so drastically. Now, it looks more like a Greek Tortoise.
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 9:17 pm

Really great! I just added the cormorant to my wishlist.

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Megaptera's Collection
Page 2 of 33Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next