Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

(Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers!

Go down 
+2
SUSANNE
Bonnie
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

(Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers! Empty
PostSubject: (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers!   (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers! EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 12:22 pm

I have just been looking through the Toy Animal Wiki and came across the Schleich St. Bernard 16307-1a!! I have never seen this colour variation and was immediately very interested and bursting with questions!! Are we sure that this is definitely a variation by Schleich and not a repaint?? How many roughly are known to be in existence? I would be so grateful if anyone could give me any information on this unusual dog!
And also here is my chance to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the Toy Animal Wiki, it has been just so useful and is exactly what any collector needs! Very Happy Very Happy bounce Applause

Last edited by Bonnie on Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

(Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers!   (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers! EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 4:36 pm

Yes, it is extremely, vary rare , but it is not a repaint.

The story is, that in 1994 several dog models were released by Schleich, but 5 of them were only made in a small amount before the colour was changed : Beagle, poodle, schnauzer, and Saint Bernard , so these are extremely rare.

Some of the new coloured ones are rare also, by the way.
At that time the models were not made in the huge quantities they are these days, and the beagle, boxer and poodle were only made for two more years, the schnauzer for 3 more years.

In 2009, a collector's catalogue was made about Schleich animals  by Gascher.
But in Gascher's book they did not show the rare Sct Bernard dog !
So collectors do not know they should be looking for it.
And like you, probably people thing it is a repaint, so we can fear that many have just been thrown away, or have ended up as victims of children's play.

A third reason could be that it looks a bit like the 13203 St Bernard Dog from the farm series, which was made 84 - 96, so it didn't look like a "right" Schleich Bernard.

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers!   (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers! EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 6:37 pm

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you Susanne this is just so helpful! It is such a shame that it wasn't put in Gascher's book, because collectors need to be able to recognise it! I really hope they have not all been thrown away! How special that it is so rare, we must all keep an eye out so that collectors who will really look after their models can save them for years to come! How many do we know that collector's have? Or is it only the one that has a photo in the Wiki?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but for the other dogs, were these the rare colours?:
Beagle- tricolour
Poodle- Black- or was it dark brown- I have seen both on Ebay!
Schnauzer- Grey
How I do hope that more can be found, and I really would love to add the St Bernard along with all these other rare dogs to my collection! But hopefully, with the wiki and STS, more and more people will come to know about this lovely St Bernard, and hopefully we will find more in the future! bounce Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers!   (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers! EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 9:38 pm

You are right about the colours of the others , - and, yes, the poodle is - as far as I kanow - very dark brown, but it is usually called black ;-)

I looked out for it for ages, - one of my Danish fellow collectors found one.
She won't tell me what she payed or where she got it Suspect
Now I have more or less given up Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers!   (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers! EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 9:53 pm

I was going to say, I think I only know of one collector who actually found one and bought it. She ended up selling it a short while later, I don't think anyone here got it. Correct me if I am wrong Susanne, but didn't you get that photo on TAW from a seller (who gave permission) somewhere on the internet? What I mean is, its only come up on forum twice... so its quite rare indeed.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers!   (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers! EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 9:59 pm

That's so good to know, because I wondered whether there were two poodles as whilst looking on Ebay there were poodles that were called 'black' and 'dark brown'!! I have seen your Schleich dog collection and it really is just amazing, so many variations and that very special Beagle!! And all your Bullyland dogs, I could spend hours just looking at them! Very Happy Very Happy
Oh thank you Paige- only come up twice! And so rare! Shocked Shocked
If only I had known about the collector who sold it, there may never be another chance!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers!   (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers! EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 10:55 pm

Only twice in the decade I've been on forum. We just have to keep our eyes open!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers!   (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers! EmptyWed Oct 21, 2020 8:33 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
..... Correct me if I am wrong Susanne, but didn't you get that photo on TAW from a seller (who gave permission) somewhere on the internet? What I mean is, its only come up on forum twice... so its quite rare indeed.

Almost right, - the picture is kindly made for us by the afore mentioned Danish collector Very Happy

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers!   (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers! EmptyWed Oct 21, 2020 11:28 am

What a lucky Danish collector! She seems to be very good at finding rare Schleich dogs Very Happy and must have an amazing collection!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers!   (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers! EmptyWed Oct 21, 2020 9:57 pm

Bonnie wrote:
What a lucky Danish collector! She seems to be very good at finding rare Schleich dogs Very Happy and must have an amazing collection!

She used to be able to find incredible Schleich stuff at incredibly good prices. Cool
But now she is selling out...except the dog models Rolling Eyes

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers!   (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers! EmptyWed Oct 21, 2020 10:06 pm

The dogs must be very special to her then! Very Happy I sometimes wonder whether I should do the same scratch ... but then I love my other animals too much!! Does she only have Schleich dogs or a whole mixture? bounce And a good choice by her to keep all her lovely rare dogs! cheers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers!   (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers! EmptyWed Oct 21, 2020 10:21 pm

She used to have all Schleich except Smurfs, cartoons and buildings, so it was  HUGE collection !
As far as I know she never even looked at other brands, only Schleich. Very Happy

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers!   (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers! EmptyWed Oct 21, 2020 10:53 pm

Wow that collection must have been massive!! ALL Schleich:shock: ! And that must have been a lot to sell too! If she's keeping her dogs does she still collect the Schleich dogs that come out today? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers!   (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2020 9:10 am

Bonnie wrote:
Wow that collection must have been massive!! ALL Schleich:shock: ! And that must have been a lot to sell too! If she's keeping her dogs does she still collect the Schleich dogs that come out today? Very Happy

Here is her page [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy
It looks like she has not bought any this year scratch

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers!   (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2020 10:59 am

Oh so many beautiful Schleich dogs from all through the years! And she has nearly all of them, as well as some lovely rarities, thank you so much for sharing it! Very Happy cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers!   (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers! EmptyFri Oct 23, 2020 7:44 pm

I've never seen the white German Shepherds before Shocked

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers!   (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers! EmptyFri Oct 23, 2020 7:48 pm

Oh yes they are beautiful, I have a pair, they're from an advent calendar although I can't remember which year!
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers!   (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers! EmptyFri Oct 23, 2020 7:50 pm

study study study

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers!   (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers! EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 1:59 pm

Bonnie wrote:
Oh yes they are beautiful, I have a pair, they're from an advent calendar although I can't remember which year!

Does anybody remember ????

Bonnie, I would LOVE pictures fo them for TAW bounce bounce

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers!   (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers! EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 2:10 pm

I've just checked and it was 2018! Very Happy
And here is a photo- I'm not a very good photographer so let me know if I need to change it in any way! Or if you want each one separately!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]upload pic to internet
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers!   (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers! EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 4:29 pm

That is WONDERFUL cheers

Thankyou ever so much Very Happy Applause

....I suppose you do not have the small beagles also ????

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers!   (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers! EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 5:07 pm

I would do anything to help with the amazing TAW! Very Happy
Here are the two beagles, and any more you might need please ask! Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]seafood buffet in wrightsville beach nc
Although just realised you might want them separately?
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers!   (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers! EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 5:53 pm

I have also found information about the advent calendar, which includes name and product number: Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers!   (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers! EmptyFri Nov 06, 2020 10:36 pm

I've just changed the name of this topic, so that it can be a general place to discuss the dogs of Schleich... Very Happy

I was doing some research, when I came across the Schleich poodle 16305- but in metal! Shocked Shocked
Did Schelich actually make this dog in metal? And were there any other dogs that were also produced in metal? bounce Very Happy I have never seen it before!
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers!   (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers! EmptySat Nov 07, 2020 3:56 am

Bonnie, I don`t know exactly what you found...maybe you can share it with a link,
but I saw many brass or bronze figures on Ebay, mostly from russian sellers,
which are actually copies of some models from our major brands... mostly Schleich.
For example : Shleich budgie
or : Schleich gorilla baby
or : Schleich snowy owl
or : Schleich 14333 Wild Boar
or : Bernese Mountain Dog, Puppy
and : Schleich 14675 Pogona Lizard
And these are examples only from one seller. I saw many others too, with different models.
If you check all items from this seller, you will find also many original and very nice ( but also expensive) models ( dogs too).
So, I suppose, that somewere you maybe saw a bronze copy of this Schleich poodle ...
Like we see chinese plastic copies of many major brands models, these metal copies are the same.
Just I am not sure, do they make them in Russia..or again in China..

PostSubject: Re: (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers!   (Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers! Empty

Back to top Go down

(Schleich Brown and White St. Bernard)- Update Exclusive Golden Retrievers!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next