Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved!

Go down 
+4
Saarlooswolfhound
George
widukind
Bonnie
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved! Empty
PostSubject: Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved!   Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved! EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 12:59 pm

I haven't had so much time recently due to so many exams, but after I saw this topic: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I thought now was the best time to post it! Very Happy
Last October, I bought a Schleich husky from Ebay Kleinanzeigen, because it was painted in a really unusual and beautiful way, clearly a model of a red husky. It had the same mould as the 16835 one, and it has definitely been painted with a purpose as it matches very closely with the features of a red husky, with the blue eyes, light nose and golden/ red coat: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Here are some photos:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I tried to ask the seller about it, as I have never seen it before.  All I found out were:
1) She bought it 5-7 years ago, roughly when the 16835 first came out, so possibly they released a few like this before the grey colour?
2) She said there were several others like it
3) It was marked with Schleich underneath it, and so supposedly genuine, you can see this in the last photo.
4) The seller bought it in Herlikofen directly from Schleich, and the Schleich headquarters are here, so maybe it is more likely that they sold some different paint variations locally?
5) It wasn't a repaint, and it looked to me to be very similar to Schleich's painting style, with the gold fading into the white, and blue eyes precisely done with the black rims, not like the painting of other knockoffs I have seen.
I was so excited to receive this dog, but unfortunately it never arrived, probably because I risked sending it without tracking. I have no evidence that the seller sent it, she was quite brief with her replies and I was slightly wary of her as she seemed more interested in receiving payment rather than answering my questions, although she had good feedback- but I am still so sad to this day that this husky never arrived!  Crying or Very sad Ever since I have been looking to see if I can find any others like this. I doubted that it was a knockoff, but even if it is there must be more of them! study
I posted it now as the mysterious horse from the other topic was similar to my problem with this husky, marked with Schleich but painted differently! I would be so grateful if anyone could tell me more about this dog, having seen the other topic I suspect it could be a knockoff but for the reasons listed above, I still slightly doubt it! study I did contact Schleich Germany directly, and they were very helpful and interested but said they didn't recall ever making this dog! scratch

Last edited by Bonnie on Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved!   Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved! EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 1:08 pm

A rare catch. Big congratulations.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved!   Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved! EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 4:32 pm

If that's the local shop to their headquarters, perhaps they use it to get rid of samples and test runs?
I know Peter Stone horse models let their one-of-a-kind factory samples out in warehouse clearance sales now and then (I've got one), and it's better to make some money for them than have them cluttering up the HQ indefinitely just cos they're not part of the official released range.
Imagine it, they try designing a few different coat colours and painting methods, receive the samples in-hand and make the decision on which they like best, then that becomes the final product - but you've got a whole load of spare dogs, most of which won't match whatever you end up releasing on the mass market.
Can't ship them as normal stock to unsuspecting retailers expecting grey dogs, binning them would be wasteful, so drop them off at the local outlet who are happy to sell random stuff : test runs, cancelled designs, leftover old stock found at the back of a cupboard etc, as well as the current range.

What a shame you never got the dog, I'd tend to blame the parcel getting lost in transit without tracking, rather than a dishonest seller - I assume you keep a regular eye on all Schleich dogs that come up on Ebay, so if she never sent it in the first place, you'd have spotted it when she sold it again. Scammers think we don't recognise their stuff when it comes back up for sale after the first/second/third buyer never got it Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved!   Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved! EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 5:36 pm

Thats a shame as it clearly is a nicely model. I have no info but George's explanation makes sense to me. I am sure if anyone will find this dog someday it will likely be you!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved!   Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved! EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 6:31 pm

Thank you so much Andreas, George and Paige for your comments! sunny
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thank you so much, that is such a good explanation and I bet that was the case! study Interesting Peter Stone do it too, it definitely makes sense for a company to do that. And amazing you've got one! But your explanation makes lots of sense to me, definitely worth keeping an eye out for other dogs like these as I'm sure there are more! Really helps explain, thank you. Very Happy I wonder how many of these samples there would have been, or if, sadly, this husky would have been the only one!study
I'm sure you're right, it must have just got lost in the post, apparently shipping at that time from Germany was really bad according to one shopkeeper. One of my biggest regrets is not sending the dog with tracking, but lesson learnt for the future!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved!   Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved! EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 6:52 pm

I am not so positive but when we don't have evidences it is not easy.
I am so sorry that you never got the dog, it is always very disappointing and sometimes it breaks our collecting enthusiasm.
Though, I won't want to be excessively negative because it also does not help.
About the authenticity of the figure I can't help at all. I hope the members that posted on that horse topic can give you some information.

Zoodirektor

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved!   Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved! EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 7:35 pm

There is no shop in Herlikofen, so it cannot be bought directly.
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved!   Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved! EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 7:52 pm

Ah, that rather ruins the theory of samples being offloaded to their local shop, then! Perhaps the seller got their memories muddled, or was just making things up Laughing If it's a fake, and they knew that, inventing a backstory involving an 'official shop' origin would be a sneaky way to ask more money than admitting it's just another knockoff!

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved!   Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved! EmptyMon Jan 17, 2022 11:22 am

No matter what, it is a wonderful, beautyful model cheers

And the paintwork looks quite authentic too , - it could be an Icelandic sheepdog, IMHO Wink

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved!   Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved! EmptyMon Jan 17, 2022 12:19 pm

Thank you Roger, Zoodirektor, George and Susanne for your comments! sunny
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] That is interesting, thank you, and makes it more confusing! scratch I agree with George and they either made it up or it was a mistake. Maybe there isn't a shop there now, but there was 5-7 years ago when she bought it?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Yes, it could be an Icelandic sheepdog!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zoodirektor

Zoodirektor

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved!   Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved! EmptyMon Jan 17, 2022 4:37 pm

There has never been a Schleich shop in the factory, there was a factory outlet in a gym in Herlikofen once in the 1990s, but this was never repeated for reasons of space. The online shop only started selling again a few years ago, but that too is not operated from Herlikofen.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved!   Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved! EmptyMon Jan 17, 2022 10:08 pm

Zoodirektor wrote:
There has never been a Schleich shop in the factory, there was a factory outlet in a gym in Herlikofen once in the 1990s, but this was never repeated for reasons of space. The online shop only started selling again a few years ago, but that too is not operated from Herlikofen.
Thank you very much for this information! study
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved!   Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved! EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 9:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It seems that this same husky is being released this year, which is very confusing because the seller claimed to have bought it 5-7 years ago! scratch And it would also be unusual if they bought it more recently before it was officially released! study But lovely that the mystery is partly solved in that it will be available before long! sunny
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved!   Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved! EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 9:39 pm

Bonnie wrote:
It seems that this same husky is being released this year, which is very confusing because the seller claimed to have bought it 5-7 years ago! scratch And it would also be unusual if they bought it more recently before it was officially released! study But lovely that the mystery is partly solved in that it will be available before long! sunny

Hurraaaaayyyy cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved!   Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved! EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 9:44 pm

Bonnie wrote:

If we replace the 5 to 7 years for days, the mistery gets solved. Schleich unknown models with a good story behind always get a special atention.
Schleich's answer is also not strange, probably who received your contact only knows what is already on market. Though, even if that person knows it is supposed to be released, it is natural that they don't share the information.
Buying Schleich unusual figures requires a special atention and it was for a long time a core subject among forum discussions.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved!   Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved! EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 10:01 pm

Thank you both! sunny
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Yes that makes more sense, it's certainly an interesting model! study
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved!   Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved! EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 10:56 pm

I am glad this got figured out. Though, I am inclined to think your source was mistaken on the time frame that they got theirs. Wink I cannot wait to get my set! I missed out on Bullys.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved!   Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved! EmptyWed Feb 09, 2022 12:20 am

That is the proof, that time travel exists. Or it is a mistake in the matrix. Wink

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved!   Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved! EmptyWed Feb 09, 2022 8:06 am

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
That is the proof, that time travel exists. Or it is a mistake in the matrix. Wink

Laughing Laughing

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved!   Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved! EmptyWed Feb 09, 2022 10:59 am

Laughing Laughing Yes, either time travel or a mistake! Laughing I agree with you Paige, can't wait to see them in real life! bounce
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved!   Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved! EmptyWed Feb 09, 2022 5:34 pm

I thought of you the second I saw those photos! Of course it's still disappointing that your first buy never arrived, it always is when a sale fails for whatever reason and you don't have the model you thought was on the way, but getting to buy one brand new will help cancel out that negativity, I'm sure.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved!   Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved! Empty

Back to top Go down

Mysterious Schleich Husky- Exclusive? Update, Mystery Partly Solved!
Page 1 of 1