Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?

Go down 
+10
Birdsage
pipsxlch
Babdo
smallscaleworld
Caracal
widukind
landrover
Roger
Bonnie
Kikimalou
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?  Empty
PostSubject: Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?    Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?  EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 6:26 pm

I've had an idea in my head for a long time. Prior animals and fish, Azur or Rena birds all have the same style, the same plastic and are all made in Macau. The Prior, Rena, Azur or Lesieur brands are not brands of toys but of rusks, cakes, oils… These animals are advertising figures.
There must be a factory, a company where all these models came from.

While browsing the net, I discovered a forum for collectors of small soldiers "Plastic Soldier 1/32", I came across our friend Alain alias Caracal by chance. This forum is a wealth of exciting information for anyone interested in 20th century vintage productions.

I think I can say that all these figures were made in Macau by the INJECTA PLASTIC company.

Here are some pics to explain my point

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I propose to edit an Injecta Plastic page on TAW and link the Azur birds and the Prior animals and fish to it. It seems that this company has also produced a series of dogs.

Thank you to Alain and his friends who answered my question, sometimes without knowing it
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?    Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?  EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 6:51 pm

That would be so interesting to see and I definitely agree with the similarities between these figures! cheers cheers
And a dog series! I never knew they made one, I'll have to do some research! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?    Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?  EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 6:57 pm

Go for it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?    Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?  EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 7:34 pm

I need to see if I find more information once I think you are in the right way.
Dogs can be seen here for sale. ... and here!

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?    Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?  EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 7:45 pm

Bonnie... Go for them bounce Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?    Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?  EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 10:12 pm

Roger wrote:
Dogs can be seen here for sale.  ... and here!
Thank you so much for the links Roger, so interesting to see! Very Happy I'll make a note of these models, it's always so useful to know which models have been made by these lesser known brands! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?    Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?  EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 10:26 pm

Bonnie wrote:
Roger wrote:
Thank you so much for the links Roger, so interesting to see! Very Happy  I'll make a note of these models, it's always so useful to know which models have been made by these lesser known brands! cheers cheers

You are welcome Bonnie. Unfortunately these prices are for a single figure, not the lot. Sad

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?    Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?  EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 10:34 pm

Roger wrote:
Bonnie wrote:
Roger wrote:
Thank you so much for the links Roger, so interesting to see! Very Happy  I'll make a note of these models, it's always so useful to know which models have been made by these lesser known brands! cheers cheers

You are welcome Bonnie. Unfortunately these prices are for a single figure, not the lot. Sad
Yes, it seems these figures are expensive! Sad
But the main thing is that I now know what they look like and have saved the photos, and so I will be able to recognise them in future! Very Happy So thank you! cheers
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?    Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?  EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 10:49 pm

Wow Christopher...... great information study study study

Marvellous contributions for this forum.

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?    Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?  EmptySat Feb 06, 2021 4:57 pm

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?    Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?  EmptySat Feb 06, 2021 5:09 pm

Yes Andreas Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?    Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?  EmptySat Feb 06, 2021 5:14 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Yes Andreas Very Happy

Can you please send me a link of that forum? Are there enough informations for animal figures? In my searchlist are a few old things very i dont have also only one information.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?    Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?  EmptySat Feb 06, 2021 5:17 pm

And look in my old topic, i think there are more than one factorys. Because a few very similar figures have any differences.

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?    Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?  EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 11:47 pm

Very good and clever job Christophe! cheers cheers

Very Happy Thank you for the links Rogério, I didn't know this Azur dogs line!
Back to top Go down
smallscaleworld

smallscaleworld

Country/State : Hampshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?    Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?  EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 1:55 pm

Totally agree with your premise Kikimalou, I have been showing some of their figure output, and making similar connections vis-a-vis figures;

https://smallscaleworld.blogspot.com/search/label/Injectaplastic

I would go further and tie-in the Nestlé/Huilor Napoleonic figures and the smaller Ferrero-Kinder copies, and possibly the PVC figures issued with vehicles by Corgi/Huskey (1960-70's). One of Tai Sang's PVC factories was in Macau, but I don't think they are responsible as they never included any of them in their own farm/zoo sets (Blue Box/Redbox)

eBay - smallscaleworld
Back to top Go down
Babdo

Babdo

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?    Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?  EmptyWed Mar 03, 2021 1:36 pm

Hello,
I have had one Vintage animal (an Elan) marked with Prior + Fabricado em Macau. I looked in the internet and I found many other „Prior“animals.
So I thought it will be a good idea to get some other Prior animals.
Before some weeks I saw an offer with 53 Prior animals at ebay . I win the auction and buyed the animals for about 50 Euro.
Now I got the animals and I have examined them.
This is what I found:
3 animals are marked with the embossed words Prior + Fabricado em Macau,
2 animals are marked with the embossed word Prior,
45 animals marked with the (hot? and handmade?) stamped word Prior,
3 animals seems not to be marked with Prior but they look like Prior animals
Most of the animals are called wild animals . But I have now one fish and one frog.
Benno.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?    Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?  EmptyWed Mar 03, 2021 2:34 pm

The wild animals carved "Prior" would belong to the first range. The ones with "Prior Macau" writed in relief woul be from a scond and later range. :)
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?    Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?  EmptyWed Mar 03, 2021 2:47 pm

Wow- thank you very much for this useful and interesting information Benno! cheers Applause Very Happy
So many photos of wonderful animals! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?    Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?  EmptyWed Mar 03, 2021 6:09 pm

A frog like that have Elastolin too

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?    Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?  EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 am

I LOVE the gourami. Great catch!
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?    Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?  EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 1:44 am

Where can I find these birds and fish?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?    Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?  EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 8:02 am

IMHO the best place to find the fishes is eBay.fr. For the birds, you can find them in France and in Spain, but it is less easy. Ask Widukind Wink
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?    Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?  EmptyWed Oct 26, 2022 7:42 pm

My Prior wild animals first serie:

some are clealy inspired from Britains ones: Gorilla, Bison, Okapi (I dont'have), Eland, Wild Boars, Sable antelope, asian rhino, grey kangaroo,water buffle,.. but most of them are originals and some scarcely edited by their time (and by now!): Pangolin, Ardwak, Fennecs, Giant Tatoo, badger.. who completed my starlux collection. They all are carved "Prior" under the belly. they were 51 ( I miss 14).

My Prior wild animals second serie:

they are twelve (I miss 2), bigger, made in a different soft plastic and the painting did not hold so well. They all are printed "Prior Macau" in relief under the belly.

here size comparison betwen the 1rst and 2nd sries:

Last edited by Caracal on Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?    Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?  EmptyWed Oct 26, 2022 10:19 pm

That's an interesting comparison Alain. Well done on getting so many! All of my collection is packed away (90% of it), otherwise I'd have a look thru to see if I can help you fill in the gaps.

Are the first ones smaller than 1/32nd scale ?
if so then the pale eland must be rather large!

I noticed a 'honey badger' there ?? I've never seen a honey badger like that before, except for maybe a Starlux version.
And the sable, eland and mouflon look great together.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?    Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?  EmptyWed Oct 26, 2022 11:09 pm

Great collection! I like the felids. They are mostly original sculpts except the lioness looking over her shoulder, or am I wrong? The species are almost all very recognisable, except for the peculiar "Takin". And what is the yellow/white animal with goatee in the second series?

PostSubject: Re: Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?    Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Prior ? Azur ? INJECTA PLASTIC Fabricado em Macau: Mystery solved?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next