Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dinosaur Toy Identification

Go down 
+4
SUSANNE
bmathison1972
Kikimalou
Gecko08
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Gecko08

Gecko08

Country/State : United States

Dinosaur Toy Identification Empty
PostSubject: Dinosaur Toy Identification   Dinosaur Toy Identification EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 3:03 am

Hello forum friends. Now if you have seen my other topics, then you know that I am very enthusiastic about dinosaur figures and other prehistoric figures. That is why I went here and made a topic for identifying dinosaur figures. I can identify a lot of figures, but sometimes I need help identifying and sometimes other people can help you identify figures. That I why I invite you to post pictures of dinosaurs you need help identifying. The first creature on this list is something from my own collection. It got this little old fashioned figure from a flea market. It is labeled Allosaurus. I was thinking that it was made by Marx, but I need other people to confirm that.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I thought it would be a cool idea to gather all the old fashioned dinosaurs and make a diorama depicting how we once thought dinosaurs looked like.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Toy Identification   Dinosaur Toy Identification EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 7:32 am

It looks like a Marx copycat.

Your diorama idea is excellent Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Toy Identification   Dinosaur Toy Identification EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 12:42 pm

Yeah, a Marx knock-off
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Toy Identification   Dinosaur Toy Identification EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 6:04 pm

If anyone has dinosaur figures they need to identify, just post them here so we can help.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Toy Identification   Dinosaur Toy Identification EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 9:56 pm

Thankyou for this topic and for inviting others too Very Happy

That is the cutest Allosaurus I have ever seen , - I hope you will show us when you have made the diorama bounce

Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Toy Identification   Dinosaur Toy Identification EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 11:05 pm

Very good idea the dio to show old dino representations! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Toy Identification   Dinosaur Toy Identification EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 11:34 pm

I also agree it is a good idea to open a specific identification topic for dinosaurs and prehistoric figures. It is an important part of this subject.
I have been following your dino threads even if I don’t comment often on them. I enjoy seeing this subject having so much enthusiasm from you and you know there are also other members with dino fever.

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Toy Identification   Dinosaur Toy Identification EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 1:23 am

Here are some velociraptor miniatures made by safari Ltd. I am wondering what line they came from because I don’t recognize the color scheme. Could someone help me identify them?

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Toy Identification   Dinosaur Toy Identification EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 1:36 am

Authentics series perhaps?

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Toy Identification   Dinosaur Toy Identification EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 2:09 am

Wow. There it is right there. Wow.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Toy Identification   Dinosaur Toy Identification EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 3:41 am

I thought they looked authentics-ish. Very rare pieces if I remember right. Congrats on having TWO of them! They're cute little guys. Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Toy Identification   Dinosaur Toy Identification EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 2:49 pm

I have this set and didn't realise they were rare!! Smile

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Toy Identification   Dinosaur Toy Identification EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 9:55 pm

I purchased several lontic figures at the flea market. One of the lontics was different.
I knew this was some kind of carnosaur, but I couldn’t tell which one. It didn’t have a name. With this case, species is the interesting part because I know this is a lontic figure. Any suggestions on species?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Toy Identification   Dinosaur Toy Identification Empty

Back to top Go down

Dinosaur Toy Identification
Page 1 of 1