Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare

Go down 
+20
spacelab
pipsxlch
George
Jill
Burgerenby
Advicot
rogerpgvg
Shanti
A-J
lucky luke
costicuba
Taos
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
SUSANNE
widukind
Caracal
Kikimalou
Bonnie
Ana
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare Empty
PostSubject: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 10:42 am

Hi everyone Smile
This is a thread for my repaints and customs (and not my sculptures!). You can expect mostly horses here but I'd like to start with a nonequine model first Wink I'll do my best to update this thread regularly sunny

The first model is a Kitan Club cat I painted in September. As soon as I saw the set of cats sculpted by Osamu Moriguchi I knew I needed them. The set contained 4 cats but I decided to keep 3 and gave 1 to a friend. I hope to repaint the 3 models at some point. Many of you have this set so I don't have to mention (but I will) that the cats are incredibly well sculpted, the anatomy, the poses, and the details are incredible. They are quite big, I think around 1/6 scale. I'd love them to be in 1/9, as it is a popular model horse scale but with the right perspective, I believe they can pose in a photo with a 1/9 scaled horse  Very Happy
There is a topic about these cats on the forum [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I've chosen Bengal cat pattern for this one.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here, posing with Limppu, a cat model sculpted by my friend Lea (Koniminiatures) and painted by Aleksander (Dark Pegasus studio)

Color suggestions for the remaining cats are very much welcome! I still have cats A and D from this set.  bom

Last edited by Ana on Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:09 pm; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 11:01 am

OH MY GOODNESS!! Shocked Very Happy
This is incredible, what an amazing cat- she looks alive! I can almost reach out and touch the detail on the fur, and the eyes, and everything! Applause Applause
You clearly have so much talent, and it's such an inspiration because I have just started making models for the first time, and am still learning how to make the paint look really realistic- but you have done it perfectly! Very Happy
Just amazing- might there be a dog at some point? bounce Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 12:15 pm

Thank you so much for your kind words! Smile I'm happy to hear it's an inspiration for you!

If you're looking for painting tutorials, I remember Kosta from this forum made a great one. It was for a tiger but I think some tips can be useful for painting dogs too (like shading, layering, mixing colors etc) Smile [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yes, I'm considering repainting some dog models too. Recently I bought two Breyer dogs that I want to repaint or customize. One of them is a beagle. I think the pose and proportions of the model are nice but I would like to change its breed. I'm actually looking for some ideas Smile The model looks like that [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 1:12 pm

Oh thank you so much for sharing Kosta's tutorial, and thank you so much Kosta for such amazing tips- your tiger is incredible! Very Happy cheers It is so much more sophisticated than I would have thought- there are so many tips and tricks! But the end result, like yours, is absolutely amazing! Very Happy
I would love you to repaint the Breyer beagle- that would look amazing! bounce  bounce I'm trying to think of a breed that looks like a beagle but isn't a beagle scratch - I'll let you know if I think of anything else but I was thinking puppies of dogs with floppy ears have similar outlines to a beagle! So a common example would be a labrador puppy, and if the ears on the model were a bit longer maybe even a porcelain! They have a lovely dappled light layer of spots underneath their fur, which I'm sure would be a fun challenge for a painter las good as you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 4:45 pm

Wonderful cat 😺, the model was nice and I understand you didn’t resist to buy them. Now it is even more tempting drunken

I can’t wait to watch your other pieces of art and I quite happy you’re still not a « horse only » collector  Wink
 I would enjoy to discover your equine customs and repaints too of course. I have so much homemade and customs from you and they are still the exquisite part of my collection 🤗

I really like that kind of topics, like series with different episodes and seasons... I will follow
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 7:06 pm

Very Happy very beautiful model and painting, wonderful fur rendition and eyes! cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 7:59 pm

As we know that , Ana´s work is unbelievable

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 8:19 pm

Thanks so much for your kind words Chrstophe, Alain, and Andreas! Very Happy
Christophe, if you are consideiring getting any models of domesticated cats, this set is amazing.

Bonnie wrote:
Oh thank you so much for sharing Kosta's tutorial, and thank you so much Kosta for such amazing tips- your tiger is incredible! Very Happy cheers It is so much more sophisticated than I would have thought- there are so many tips and tricks! But the end result, like yours, is absolutely amazing! Very Happy
I would love you to repaint the Breyer beagle- that would look amazing! bounce  bounce I'm trying to think of a breed that looks like a beagle but isn't a beagle scratch - I'll let you know if I think of anything else but I was thinking puppies of dogs with floppy ears have similar outlines to a beagle! So a common example would be a labrador puppy, and if the ears on the model were a bit longer maybe even a porcelain! They have a lovely dappled light layer of spots underneath their fur, which I'm sure would be a fun challenge for a painter las good as you! Very Happy

I'm glad you like Kosta's tutorial! I think it's really good! Very Happy

Yes, I think you are right about the labrador puppy, that could work! I would still prefer the model to represent an adult dog because I need it to stay in scale with my model horses. Maybe I'll just make a different beagle out of it, with new paintwork Smile

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 8:24 pm

Oh yes that would be amazing! Very Happy There are so many different and interesting beagle colours- can't wait! Very Happy bounce
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 9:26 pm

Ohh, Anna !!!!! drunken

I don't know hat to say, i get a lump in my throat when I see this repaint. Crying or Very sad  Very Happy
Well, it couldn't be much better : Osamu Moriguchi + Anna Dobrowolska-Oczko joining forces + a Bengal cat as model !!!! WOW   affraid cheers I love you

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 9:32 pm

How stunning. A truly remarkable work of art!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare EmptyThu Dec 10, 2020 12:51 am

Anna, I am so happy thhat you opened this topic, I am one more enthusiast to follow this series, just sitting next to Kiki and telling him to stop eating these irritating popcorns. Macaques should eat bananas, they are not so noisy. geek
Seeing it it like reading a professional magazine, with figures of a professional sculptor, painted by a professional and also professionally photographed. You’re not only the sculptor in this case but we know you are. You know, 1/6 is also a popular scale once it is Barbie’s size. Though, I don’t think the plastic lady deserves a cat like this one.
For your Breyer dog, an alternative could be a Harrier but I am not sure a repaint would be enough.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare EmptyThu Dec 10, 2020 7:59 am

Yes Anna, these cats are very tempting and I think about buying one for my 1/6 too crowded shelf.

@Rogerio: why do you want to call this Breyer dog Harriet is a mystery to me scratch
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare EmptyThu Dec 10, 2020 10:16 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Yes Anna, these cats are very tempting and I think about buying one for my 1/6 too crowded shelf.

@Rogerio: why do you want to call this Breyer dog Harriet is a mystery to me scratch
A harrier is a dog similar to a beagle, but slightly larger, though not as large as a foxhound! Very Happy
Also, I'm confused why there is a crazy macaque eating popcorn? scratch Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare EmptyThu Dec 10, 2020 11:41 am

About popcorn... I prefer bananas Wink and, most of all, grapefruit... in bottle Laughing

A Harriet is a STS friend who is also a great sculptress, her nickname here is HKHollinstone Wink
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare EmptyThu Dec 10, 2020 11:53 am

Kikimalou wrote:
About popcorn... I prefer bananas Wink and, most of all, grapefruit... in bottle  Laughing

A Harriet is a STS friend who is also a great sculptress, her nickname here is HKHollinstone Wink
Laughing Laughing
Oh yes of course- a Harriet, the amazing sculptor! cheers
I'm now confused about whether we were talking about a Harrier or a Harriet! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare EmptyThu Dec 10, 2020 11:56 am

Laughing Laughing Bonnie knows who is Harriet and Kiki knows what is a Harrier dog. Our macaque is just theasing me because I took the popcorn out of his hands. Wink However, I am sure Christophe would be much more interested in a harrier, the bird of prey, not the Brithish aircraft. Laughing Harriet was also a famous tortoise that was a boy or the other way round. Laughing

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare EmptyThu Dec 10, 2020 12:09 pm

Roger wrote:
Laughing Laughing Bonnie knows who is Harriet and Kiki knows what is a Harrier dog. Our macaque is just theasing me because I took the popcorn out of his hands. Wink However, I am sure Christophe would be much more interested in a harrier, the bird of prey, not the Brithish aircraft. Laughing Harriet was also a famous tortoise that was a boy or the other way round. Laughing
Laughing Laughing Laughing
scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare EmptyThu Dec 10, 2020 12:19 pm

Laughing Now the rest of the story once I want you to know how sophisticated macaque’s jokes are. Harriet, the tortoise, was supposedly collected by the famous English Naturalist Charles Darwin, the man who was brave enough to say that humans and macaques have a common ancestor. The funny part is that the boat Darwin used for his expedictions, was a boat called Beagle! cheers

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare EmptyThu Dec 10, 2020 12:22 pm

Roger wrote:
Laughing Now the rest of the story once I want you to know how sophisticated macaque’s jokes are. Harriet, the tortoise, was supposedly collected by the famous English Naturalist Charles Darwin, the man who was brave enough to say that humans and macaques have a common ancestor. The funny part is that the boat Darwin used for his expedictions, was a boat called Beagle! cheers
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Now I understand! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare EmptyThu Dec 10, 2020 12:42 pm

Wonderful model!!

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare EmptyThu Dec 10, 2020 3:46 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Ohh, Anna !!!!! drunken

I don't know hat to say, i get a lump in my throat when I see this repaint. Crying or Very sad  Very Happy
Well, it couldn't be much better : Osamu Moriguchi + Anna Dobrowolska-Oczko joining forces + a Bengal cat as model !!!! WOW   affraid cheers I love you

Thanks so much Susanne! You're too kind!  I love you  I love you  I love you

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
How stunning. A truly remarkable work of art!

Wow, thank you! I only colored it, it would be not much to see if the sculpture wasn't good.  Very Happy

Roger wrote:
Anna, I am so happy thhat you opened this topic, I am one more enthusiast to follow this series, just sitting next to Kiki and telling him to stop eating these irritating popcorns. Macaques should eat bananas, they are not so noisy. geek
Seeing it it like reading a professional magazine, with figures of a professional sculptor, painted by a professional and also professionally photographed. You’re not only the sculptor in this case but we know you are. You know, 1/6 is also a popular scale once it is Barbie’s size. Though, I don’t think the plastic lady deserves a cat like this one.
For your Breyer dog, an alternative could be a Harrier but I am not sure a repaint would be enough.

Thanks so much Roger! Very Happy
I don't have any Barbies but yes, that's a popular scale for fashion dolls  Razz
And good idea about the Harrier, maybe I'd have to change the legs a bit. Anyway, I guess my next victims will be the remaining Kitan cats Smile I'm preparing them today, so maybe I can paint them next week.

Roger wrote:

I love the STS humor  lol!  

Taos wrote:
Wonderful model!!

Thanks so much Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare EmptyThu Dec 10, 2020 4:21 pm

So, it's time to add horse and ponies repaints to this thread. I've repainted a bunch of them in the last two years.
It was hard to decide in what order to present them here, so I decided it would be by scale, starting from the smallest - the so called Micro Minis. Micro minis are usually between 1/64 and 1/50. I don't even collect this scale but somehow they keep appearing in my collection Laughing

The first one is a Shetland pony sculpted by Kelly Sealay. He's around 1/50 scale, 35mm to the top of his ears.

And, another model sculpted by Kelly, a cob. I added pegasus wings sculpted by Maggie Bennet and customized his mane. The color scheme is inspired by Kingfishers. The scale is hard to say with fantasty creatures, maybe he's 1/1?  Wink The total length is 5cm.

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare EmptyThu Dec 10, 2020 4:37 pm

They are just so amazing! Shocked Very Happy Very Happy
The way you have painted it, you can almost see the individual strokes of fur! Applause Applause
And all the different shades- they are both just so beautiful, and the Kingfisher wings are stunning! cheers
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare EmptyFri Dec 11, 2020 4:29 am

WOW, mama mia ...what is going on here ? affraid
First I am very happy to say, that it is a real pleasure to have you back Anna.
Making wonderful topics for us ...I am sure , we are all happy cheers
And, the first repaint ... affraid I love you
I am also from the team of collectors, having this amazing Kitan set. I just love it so much.
First, when I got it, I taught, that the model you used is my favorite from all 4...
But then the cat A, became my favorite...and then the other one, and the other one.... and at the end..
I just love all 4 of them !
And now seeing it with your version of bengal cat colours...wowww !!!
Susanne said it just perfect :
SUSANNE wrote:
it couldn't be much better : Osamu Moriguchi + Anna Dobrowolska-Oczko joining forces + a Bengal cat as model !!!! WOW   affraid cheers I love you
Seriously, your repaint is just perfect and I love it !
I even would like to see it from more angles ....like from the top..and from under...:)
And then, this soooo small Shetland pony...
it is wonderfulyy sculpted and now, beautifully painted by you ! You choose very beautiful pattern.
And the cob, you customized as pegasus, with wonderful tale ..and your idea of colours ,  inspired by Kingfishers is just sooo good !
Maybe you are right, even only 5 cm, it can be 1/1, who knows .. because you made it look`s alive Applause

Thank you very much also for showing my tutorial topic to Bonnie Embarassed Very Happy
I feel honored sunny
And thank you very much Bonnie for your so kind words sunny

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare Empty

Back to top Go down

Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next