Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA 88841 Borealopelta - a Walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

CollectA 88841 Borealopelta - a Walkaround by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: CollectA 88841 Borealopelta - a Walkaround by Kikimalou   CollectA 88841 Borealopelta - a Walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 3:52 pm

Northern shield !  Shocked  No it isn’t the name of the last Avengers movie but the english traduction of Borealopelta, a genus of Nodosaur from the Lower Cretaceous of Alberta, Canada.
What is a Nodosaur ? A cousin of the heavily armoured ankylosaurs. The differences with ankylosaurs ?  Nodosaurs lacked mace-like tail clubs, instead having flexible tail tips.  study
Borealopelta markmitchelli fossil was found in an oil sands mine somewhere in Alberta in 2011 and named in 2017.
the fossil is among the best preserved dinosaur fossils of its size. It preserved not only the armor (osteoderms) in their life positions, but also remains of their keratin sheaths, overlying skin, and stomach contents from the animal's last meal. Melanosomes were also found that indicate the animal had a reddish skin tone. (Thanks Wikipedia).

In december 2018, Kaiyodo produced a Gashapon Borealopelta for their Capsule Q Museum Dinosaur Excavation 7 "The cutting edge of Dinosaurs”.

In December 2020 PNSO decided to provide us with their own ”Northern shield” version. A big one, sold in box for their Prehistoric Animal Models line.

In between, for 2019, CollectA made a Borealopelta for their Prehistoric - Standard Collection.

It is now the cheapest Borealopelta toy on the market, it doesn’t mean it is the less interesting.

A few pics ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 88841 Borealopelta - a Walkaround by Kikimalou   CollectA 88841 Borealopelta - a Walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 4:07 pm

What a fantastic model !!! I would say PERFECTly sculptured, - look at all these details Shocked

And I don't even need to mention the quality of the photos cheers

How big is it ?

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 88841 Borealopelta - a Walkaround by Kikimalou   CollectA 88841 Borealopelta - a Walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 4:40 pm

A beautiful figure and another amazing walkaround! cheers cheers Very Happy Applause
It is a CollectA masterpiece! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 88841 Borealopelta - a Walkaround by Kikimalou   CollectA 88841 Borealopelta - a Walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 4:47 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 88841 Borealopelta - a Walkaround by Kikimalou   CollectA 88841 Borealopelta - a Walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 5:07 pm

This is a stunning figure, but for taxonomically 'traditional' dinosaurs, I am only collecting Safari. Maybe if Doug Watson hasn't sculpted this figure by the time he retires, I'll pursue it :).
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 88841 Borealopelta - a Walkaround by Kikimalou   CollectA 88841 Borealopelta - a Walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 7:50 pm

Thank you Susanne, Bonnie, Andreas and Blaine.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], it is 14,5 cm long, a beautiful tiny knight.

@Blaine, what do you mean exactly by taxonomically 'traditional' dinosaurs ? My english is too poor to be sure I undersatnd your idea.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 88841 Borealopelta - a Walkaround by Kikimalou   CollectA 88841 Borealopelta - a Walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 7:52 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Thank you Susanne, Bonnie, Andreas and Blaine.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], it is 14,5 cm long, a beautiful tiny knight.

@Blaine, what do you mean exactly by taxonomically 'traditional' dinosaurs ? My english is too poor to be sure I undersatnd your idea.

I mean the groups we typically associate as 'dinosaurs': theropods, ornithischians, sauropods, pterosaurs, large marine reptiles. Not things like synapsids, prehistoric mammals, etc.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 88841 Borealopelta - a Walkaround by Kikimalou   CollectA 88841 Borealopelta - a Walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 7:54 pm

Ok, I undestand now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 88841 Borealopelta - a Walkaround by Kikimalou   CollectA 88841 Borealopelta - a Walkaround by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA 88841 Borealopelta - a Walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 1