Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NMR_Okapi Finds

Go down 
+19
Stripedhyena
bmathison1972
Pardofelis
Caracal
landrover
rogerpgvg
Birdsage
Kikimalou
jarda
Roger
Taos
Advicot
widukind
SUSANNE
lucky luke
Bonnie
Saarlooswolfhound
pipsxlch
NMR_Okapi
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

NMR_Okapi Finds - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NMR_Okapi Finds   NMR_Okapi Finds - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2022 1:20 am

holy cow, I want that snail :)
Back to top Go down
NMR_Okapi

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: NMR_Okapi Finds   NMR_Okapi Finds - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2022 2:35 am

I think it’s an older model(1990s) but no date on the snail.
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: NMR_Okapi Finds   NMR_Okapi Finds - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2022 9:06 am

widukind wrote:
Interesting catch. You can see more of these birds in my last zoo news. So now i have more for my searchlist.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Returning to the subject of unknown “plastic” birds... I have been researching and all the figures I have found are sold as polychrome IVORY birds.
That is why they all have very high prices... The sellers place them in Japan and there are dozens of different birds...
Both Dan and Andreas, are you sure they are plastic? You may have bought ivory at a bargain price...
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: NMR_Okapi Finds   NMR_Okapi Finds - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2022 9:54 am

They do look very like these antique ivory birds, a couple of them seem to be almost the same. The auction estimate on that lot was $400-$600US Shocked

But if they definitely feel like plastic, could it be that they're imitation ivory, designed in the 20th century to give people the look of prestigious antique ornaments, without the price? Not fakes, sold pretending to be real, just cheaper and more obtainable copies of something which was popular or coveted (like the smooth shiny plastic horse models which were specifically marketed as a cheaper alternative to the mantelpiece ceramics which were fashionable in the 1950s)

Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: NMR_Okapi Finds   NMR_Okapi Finds - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2022 10:16 am

It would be good news for the pocket... but I'm afraid they look exactly the same...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: NMR_Okapi Finds   NMR_Okapi Finds - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2022 4:12 pm

Stripedhyena wrote:
widukind wrote:
Interesting catch. You can see more of these birds in my last zoo news. So now i have more for my searchlist.

Returning to the subject of unknown “plastic” birds... I have been researching and all the figures I have found are sold as polychrome IVORY birds.
That is why they all have very high prices... The sellers place them in Japan and there are dozens of different birds...
Both Dan and Andreas, are you sure they are plastic? You may have bought ivory at a bargain price...

I am not sure, i bought as carved plastic a lot, the price was less than 100$ for all. But it is interesting. But do i want ivory scratch

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
NMR_Okapi

PostSubject: Re: NMR_Okapi Finds   NMR_Okapi Finds - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 3:57 am

Some new PV additions. The ever elusive PV large leopard has finally been found and the large Commerson’s as well.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: NMR_Okapi Finds   NMR_Okapi Finds - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 4:49 am

Congrats!! I've never seen that Commerson's before, I LOVE it!!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: NMR_Okapi Finds   NMR_Okapi Finds - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 7:30 am

Rare catches again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: NMR_Okapi Finds   NMR_Okapi Finds - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 9:15 am

WOW ! That leopard !!! affraid cheers

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: NMR_Okapi Finds   NMR_Okapi Finds - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 2:26 pm

Congratulations!!! Gorgeous new rarities.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: NMR_Okapi Finds   NMR_Okapi Finds - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 3:21 pm

This Commerson's dolphin is an outsider, we still don't know everything about it. It is marked in a different way when compared with the other larger Play Visions figures. A very interesting find.

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: NMR_Okapi Finds   NMR_Okapi Finds - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2022 1:44 am

This leopard is marvellous, congratulations cheers cheers

sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: NMR_Okapi Finds   NMR_Okapi Finds - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2022 2:06 am

widukind wrote:
Stripedhyena wrote:
widukind wrote:

I am not sure, i bought as carved plastic a lot, the price was less than 100$ for all. But it is interesting. But do i want ivory scratch

hopefully no-one should want ivory. Except elephants.

I grew up in the bush in Africa surrounded by wild animals. I find it hard to believe that someone somewhere else in the world would knowingly kill (or aid in the killing of) an elephant - or a rhino - for a body part, to make a trinket. It's beyond senseless.

here is some info regarding the illegal wildlife trade in ivory

and some info here about the UK government's world ivory ban

if your items do turn out to be of ivory origin please inform your local wildlife crime department so they can investigate the origin/seller/movements, as the funds from these illegal sales fuel other illegal activities (as I'm sure you are all well aware of), but it bears repeating.

***ofcourse I am NOT saying you like ivory items!! No! but with such beautiful attractive little figures, it can be easy for criminals to 'pass on' their wares and make easy money from collectors.
Back to top Go down
NMR_Okapi

PostSubject: Re: NMR_Okapi Finds   NMR_Okapi Finds - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 3:08 am

Some new additions this week, the PV Arctic Wolf has been found. Also New Ray Crane, Eagle, and Andean Vulture. And an unusual Dodo[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
NMR_Okapi

PostSubject: Re: NMR_Okapi Finds   NMR_Okapi Finds - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 3:09 am

Back to top Go down
NMR_Okapi

PostSubject: Re: NMR_Okapi Finds   NMR_Okapi Finds - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 3:10 am

Back to top Go down
NMR_Okapi

PostSubject: Re: NMR_Okapi Finds   NMR_Okapi Finds - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 3:11 am

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: NMR_Okapi Finds   NMR_Okapi Finds - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 6:04 am

Love the crane and condor, great finds congratulations! That dodo is a charming little thing, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: NMR_Okapi Finds   NMR_Okapi Finds - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 9:55 am

Congratulations New Ray Eagle Very Happy Applause cheers sunny
Incredible, I have yet to find it! drunken scratch
The condor and the magnificent crane, congratulations, I already have them! Wink
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: NMR_Okapi Finds   NMR_Okapi Finds - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 10:30 am

I love this PV leopard! cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: NMR_Okapi Finds   NMR_Okapi Finds - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 12:28 pm

New-Ray birds series is very cool, congratulations for finding some of them.
I don't know this dodo, I suppose it is not marked but I'd love to know more about it. bounce

widukind

PostSubject: Re: NMR_Okapi Finds   NMR_Okapi Finds - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 4:56 pm

Wonderful catches again

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: NMR_Okapi Finds   NMR_Okapi Finds - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 6:07 pm

These are all lovely! Congrats on the wolf, and that dodo is truly something special!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: NMR_Okapi Finds   NMR_Okapi Finds - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 6:23 pm

Congrats,love the New Ray Crane!!

PostSubject: Re: NMR_Okapi Finds   NMR_Okapi Finds - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

NMR_Okapi Finds
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next