Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots

Go down 
+7
Caracal
pipsxlch
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
Bonnie
Advicot
Gecko08
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gecko08

Gecko08

Country/State : United States

Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots Empty
PostSubject: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 2:09 am

I decided that it would be a good idea to make group shots of figures in my collection. I’m going to start with Cambrian, but my only rules are that the figures have to be in similar or same scale. I’m probably going to jump around with the periods a lot so hang in there.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 2:14 am

First off: Burgess Shale (Middle Cambrian) at about 2 times life size
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Olenoides serratus (ROM), Opabinia regalis (some Asian knockoff company known only as “flormoon”), Pikaia gracilens (Favorite co), Pikaia gracilens (ROM)

Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 10:13 am

Weird but truly fascinating

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 10:34 am

Really interesting looking models! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 2:12 pm

Cool

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 5:07 pm

I just ordered the Paleocasts leanchoilia and I should be getting it soon.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 5:48 pm

I am excited to see what you present here. Excellent first batch!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 6:34 pm

Thanks! Here is some Cambrian at 1:3-1:5
Redlichia rex (Collecta), Laggania cambria (ROM), Anomalocaris canadensis (Flormoon)
I would say Burgess Shale, but the Redlichia rex is known from Australia.

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 6:36 pm

Wonderful again! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 6:42 pm

Here is some Cambrian from 1:2-1:1
Thaumaptilion walcotti (TopFin Petsmart Decoration), Ottoia prolifica (Safari Ltd), Sanctacaris uncata (Safari Ltd), Sidneyia inexpectans (Safari Ltd), Tricrepicephalus tripunctatus (Safari Ltd)
I have a boatload of 1:1 Cambrian figures, so I’m trying to break them up into different photos.

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots EmptyWed Jan 13, 2021 2:57 am

This is right up my alley, thanks for showing! I really hope to get the ROM set someday.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots EmptyWed Jan 13, 2021 8:30 pm

I can't believe a so young boy collect these so strange and few known animals! cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots EmptyWed Jan 13, 2021 9:11 pm

Wonderful on both again. I love that you found a petsmart decoration represents an actual species.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots EmptyWed Jan 13, 2021 9:26 pm

I found another one that resembles a Crinoid. I will have to show it in a future post.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots EmptyWed Jan 13, 2021 9:32 pm

Very, very interesting !!! Thankyou for sharing flower

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots EmptyThu Jan 14, 2021 1:09 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Very, very interesting !!! Thankyou for sharing flower

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots EmptyFri Jan 15, 2021 2:48 am

I have the crinoid-looking one, or at least one that is crinoid looking. Bought mine at Walmart, you can check there. They're probably from the same manufacturer. Don't have the Thaumaptilion one, at least not yet, though I remember seeing it or similar.
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots EmptyFri Jan 15, 2021 3:34 am

pipsxlch wrote:
I have the crinoid-looking one, or at least one that is crinoid looking. Bought mine at Walmart, you can check there. They're probably from the same manufacturer. Don't have the Thaumaptilion one, at least not yet, though I remember seeing it or similar.
It is made by topfin and I found it here on the Petsmart store: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I don’t want to make another group shot until my Leanchoilia arrived in the mail from Paleocasts. My custom Haikouicthys model is in the making (it’s about 3x life size and it might be an eyesore).
P.S. my Leanchoilia just shipped today.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots EmptyWed Jan 20, 2021 7:17 pm

Here is Early to Middle Cambrian 3x Life Size to 4x Life Size
Marrella splendens (Favorite), Hallucigenia Sparsa (Favorite), Haikouichthys ercaicunensis (Custom), Leanchoilia superlata (Paleocasts)

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots EmptyWed Jan 20, 2021 7:26 pm

What strange and wonderful figures. Your custom is excellent also!

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots EmptyThu Jan 21, 2021 10:06 am

What an interesting group, your models are fantastic! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots EmptyThu Jan 21, 2021 6:37 pm

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots EmptyThu Jan 21, 2021 9:15 pm

These models are different from anything I have seen before. Fantastic collection!

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 9:07 pm

And this last photo sums up my Cambrian collection until this board game is released: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
So we have the Middle Cambrian at Life Size
Wiwaxia (Favorite), Olenoides (Favorite), Opabinia (Favorite), Wiwaxia (ROM), Olenoides (Flormoon), Opabinia (ROM), Canadaspis (Favorite)

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 9:32 pm

Also I’m proud to present the first (and last) Ordovician photos. I have a pretty small Ordovician collection. It’s so small I can cover it all in just one update.

So here is Early to Middle Ordovician 1:1
Crinoid (Petsmart), Vauxia (Safari), Naraoia (Safari), Neoasaphus (Paleocasts), Asaphus cornutus (Paleocasts)
Now I included the Vauxia and Naraoia in this photo because they both survived to the late Silurian, even if they were both the most common in the Cambrian era.

Now here is Middle Ordovician 1:50
Cameroceras (Flormoon) I had to include a 1:50 human for scale. I probably won’t get another 1:50 Ordovician figure because of how small most of those creatures were. I’m still on the hunt for the Collecta Orthoceras. It looks like I will be updating the Ordovician later this year after I order that game.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots Empty

Back to top Go down

Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Collections-
Jump to: