Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots

Go down 
+7
Caracal
pipsxlch
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
Bonnie
Advicot
Gecko08
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 10:16 pm

Haydn, did you see Blaine's post of a Hallucigenia in his most recent post? Nice figure!
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 11:02 pm

Not yet. Whenever I searched “Hallucigenia” in the search engine, I couldn’t find anything. Could you tell me which topic?

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 12:58 am

It's in here, almost to the bottom: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 3:33 am

The Hallucigenia is beautiful. Since I covered my Ordovician collection, I suppose let’s go into my small Silurian collection.
Here is Early to Late Silurian 1:2-1:1
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Naraoia (Safari), Vauxia (Safari), Maurotarion (Paleocasts), Eurypterus (Paleocasts), Dalmanites (Paleocasts), Paralejurus (Paleocasts)
Here is Late Silurian at 1:12
Acutiramus (Flormoon)

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 9:59 am

What interesting creatures, and they look beautiful altogether! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 12:14 pm

Always a pleasure to get back to the future with you Very Happy

I will definitely but the Colorata Cameroceras, the whole box indeed.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 12:47 pm

I am very familiar with all of them, maybe just not with that creature with a hat. scratch Laughing
I really find these early creatures very interesting. So nice that someone modeled them. Very Happy

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 1:10 pm

The creature with the hat is Kenner’s Jurassic park human figure. When I read that they were 1:12 scale, I had to put one with my 1:12 Acutiramus.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 2:28 am

So I keep mentioning Life: evolution of life on earth series in my topics so I guess this link needs to be shared. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] The game pieces will ship in April of this year so you can make an account and preorder if you want. I mainly order them individually by selecting each figure. I am out to get the species that other companies like Collecta, Safari, Favorite co, Kaiyodo, and Paleocasts haven’t made yet.

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 5:52 pm

thank you for the link! :)
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2021 6:31 pm

I’m glad that I found Patrick May on Paleocasts. Without his cast models, my Ordovician and Silurian collections would be a lot smaller.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2021 3:37 am

I haven’t done a group shot recently so I decided to show my Devonian collection.
Here is Early-Late Devonian 1:1:-1:3
Hollardops (Paleocasts), Cephalaspis (Flormoon), Phacops (Paleocasts), Harpes (Paleocasts), Eldredgeia (Paleocasts), Mcnamaraspis (Yowie)
Late Devonian 1:6-1:7
Stethacanthus (Safari Ltd), Acanthostega (Kaiyodo)
Late Devonian 1:10
Xenacanthus (Safari Ltd)
Late Devonian 1:20
Cladoselache (Safari Ltd)
Late Devonian 1:40
Dunkleosteus (Schliech)
Late Devonian 1:65
Edestus (Safari Ltd)

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2021 9:46 am

Nice again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2021 9:47 am

Thanks for telling who is the man. :) When I think that Safari made a toob about Prehistoric sharks, I think how Amazing the North American brand is. 2020 was a hard year for them but fortunately they will continue and I hope for a long time. Your collection is really fantastic! cheers

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2021 10:38 am

This is very, very impressive !!!! I don't understand about all the aeras, but at least now I know they were there and hat it was a looooong time ago cheers

Last edited by SUSANNE on Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2021 11:12 am

You clearly have lots of knowledge, and I love how you have worked out all the scales! cheers cheers It's so interesting to see all these unusual figures in your collection! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2021 5:47 pm

Roger wrote:
Thanks for telling who is the man. :) When I think that Safari made a toob about Prehistoric sharks, I think how Amazing the North American brand is. 2020 was a hard year for them but fortunately they will continue and I hope for a long time. Your collection is really fantastic! cheers
Safari Ltd was one of the brands that got me into dinosaur toy collecting. I think that they should use the tubes they make for other unsung creatures in paleontology. Like maybe a Prehistoric amphibian tube, pterosaurs, prehistoric fish, Carboniferous insects and plenty of other brands. Maybe they could continue a series of tubes like their amazing Cambrian tube (but for other eras).

Also some theories state that the spike on the Xenacanthus was venomous (like stingrays).

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 7:02 pm

Now I have not yet listed my Favorite co mini Anomalocaris in a group shot yet, and that’s because it is 1:10 scale. It is not to scale with any of my other Cambrian figures, but I’m hoping that any board game figures are to scale with the Anomalocaris.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 7:17 pm

Since I am still slowly collecting Carboniferous fauna, I decided to skip into the Cretaceous period (most of my prehistoric fauna actually came from the Cretaceous). So in Africa we have the big five, and in Late Cretaceous of Montana we have a similar situation. They are all around 1:40 scale. I listed the Edmontosaurus as annectens and not regalis because E. regalis is known from the Campanian of Canada, but E. annectens is known from Montana if the Maastrichtian.
(Left to right) Edmontosaurus annectens (safari), Triceratops horridus (Safari), Tyrannosaurus rex (Battat), Ankylosaurus magniventris (Collecta), Torosaurus latus (Toyway). I believe I am drawn to the Battat rex because it is 1:40. As much as I like the older Safari rex (from 2014) and the Toyway T. rex, they are both around 1:50 and I still have yet to get 1:50 humans.
So any suggestions of Maastrichtian fauna?

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 3:01 pm

I love to see these together. You mean Maastrichtian fauna for such a small region and at 1:40 scale?

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 4:57 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 11:35 pm

Roger wrote:
I love to see these together. You mean Maastrichtian fauna for such a small region and at 1:40 scale?
The rest of the Maastrichtian deserves more attention. Without T. rex, this region would barely see any attention aside from Triceratops. now that I’m charting my figures on my computer with scale and epoch so we are sure to see more figures from different eras.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 11:24 pm

My last post was in Montana, but today we will travel 6 and a half thousand miles south to Argentina.
This is the Cenomanian not Maastrichtian, though. They are 1:40 scale.
Amargasaurus cazui (Battat & Safari Carnegie), Giganotosaurus Carolinii, (Safari Carnegie).

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 8:20 am

I had no idea Amargasaurus were that small when compared with giganotosaurus. Figures in scale are always more efficient showing their relative sizes than just reading their measurements.
Is there an Argentinosaurus at this scale? affraid

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 5:08 pm

Unfortunately not. A 1:40 scale figure of an Argentinosaurus would be over 2 feet in length. If one were in existence, the price may be a nightmare and it would have to be on the very top of my shelves. But it would still be awesome to pose it next to my Giganotosaurus. Collecta did make an Argentinosaurus at about 22 centimeters long, but it is 1:80 scale.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next