Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots

Go down 
+7
Caracal
pipsxlch
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
Bonnie
Advicot
Gecko08
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 4:40 pm

Lovely, lovely models cheers

And very interesteing to read too Applause Applause
( I'll never be able to remember those episodes, but interesting anyway geek Wink )

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 10:11 pm

Gecko08 wrote:
Unfortunately not. A 1:40 scale figure of an Argentinosaurus would be over 2 feet in length. If one were in existence, the price may be a nightmare and it would have to be on the very top of my shelves. But it would still be awesome to pose it next to my Giganotosaurus. Collecta did make an Argentinosaurus at about 22 centimeters long, but it is 1:80 scale.

PNSO Huanghetitan is huge. Maybe they could introduce the Argentinosaurus in this series. Ufortunately they don't have the finish quality of their medium sized models but, if they had, they'd be probably 250$instead of 65. affraid

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 9:44 am

Stunning, stunning models- wow! cheers cheers
You have a superb collection! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Gecko08

Gecko08

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 7:36 pm

Here are the largest theropods in 1:40.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
(In order of size:) Therizinosaurus cheloniformis (Safari Ltd Great Dinos), 33 feet, Tyrannosaurus rex (Battat), 40 feet, Giganotosaurus carolinii (Safari Ltd Carnegie Collection), 42 feet, Spinosaurus aegyptiacus (Schliech 2019), 45 feet. I would include Mapusaurus rosae and Carcharodontosaurus saharicus, but I don’t have figures for either of them.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 9:46 pm

Again, Therizinosaurus is much larger than I expected! Shocked
You don't have but are there good models of Mapusaurus and Carcharodotosaurus to put at this scale?

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 10:36 pm

I have been eyeing the Collecta Deluxe Carcharodontosaurus for my collection, and the deluxe Mapusaurus by Collecta. Just for reference, the first Mapusaurus release by Collecta in 2012 is 10 inches, making it 1:45 scale. The new hunting Mapusaurus is 1:50, and the deluxe is 1:35. They are all great figures in my dinosaur taste.

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 9:56 am

Wonderful again, and these models are so big- stunning! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 10:39 am

Gecko08 wrote:
I have been eyeing the Collecta Deluxe Carcharodontosaurus for my collection, and the deluxe Mapusaurus by Collecta. Just for reference, the first Mapusaurus release by Collecta in 2012 is 10 inches, making it 1:45 scale. The new hunting Mapusaurus is 1:50, and the deluxe is 1:35. They are all great figures in my dinosaur taste.

Yes, I think the CollectA Carcharodontosaurus is particularly beautiful. Both sculpt and colors, I like the wide strips along the body. PNSO is also releasing one but probably the scale will be 1:50 or so. Another positive point about CollectA dinos is that they are relatively affordable.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 5:01 pm

Nice again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2021 3:55 pm

Here are some dinosaurs from the Flaming Cliffs Formation of Mongolia (75 mya, Santonian epoch)
Velociraptor mongoliensis (Creative Beast) & Mononykus olecranus (Mattel) 1:6
As much as I try to use scientific figures for these photos, I still and glad that Mattel releases the odd rare species every now and then with the Jurassic World line. In this case, they gave me a 1:6 Mononykus for my Velociraptor to chase around.
Oviraptor philoceratops (Safari) & Velociraptor mongoleinsis (Safari) I may pick up the 2015 Carnegie Raptor if I find it for a low price, but I'm pretty confident that I have enough Velociraptors for my need. I'd rather focus my efforts on a Protoceratops to complete the Flaming Cliffs Formation.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2021 5:22 pm

Nice again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 04, 2021 3:19 pm

Let’s go further back in time than we have before: The Ediacaran era. Also I’m also showing the 7 Ediacaran figures with some Cambrian life, to showcase why one of the theories that the Ediacaran life went extinct is that they were outcompeted by more efficient Cambrian life.

Ediacaran-Cambrian 2-3x Life Size
Obamus coronatus (Oumcraft), Haikouicthys ercaicunensis (Custom Model), Pikaia gracilens (Favorite co)
Considering that both chordates were only an inch long, and they tower over Obamus, you can understand how small Obamus was.
Ediacaran-Cambrian 1:2
Spriggina floundersi (Oumcraft), Sidneyia inexpectans (Safari Ltd), Ottoia prolifica (Oumcraft)
Ediacaran-Cambrian 1:3
Redlicha rex (Collecta), Mawsonites spriggi (Oumcraft)
Ediacaran-Cambrian 1:7-1:10
Kimberella quadrata (Oumcraft), Fractofusus misrai (Oumcraft), Charniodiscus concentricus (Safari), Anomalocaris canadensis (Favorite co). Since kimberella is considered to be one of the top predators of the Ediacaran, and Anomalocaris is considered to be the Cambrian’s apex predator, you could easily visualize what would happen if a predator from the Ediacaran fought a predator from the Cambrian.
Since the Kimberella is 1:7, here it is with a 1:6 human.
Ediacaran 1:35
Dickinsonia rex (Oumcraft) D. rex is the largest species in Dickinsonia, being around 4 feet.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots   Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gecko08’s Collection Group Shots
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3