Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Orchids & Steggies Display Update n 27, 2021

Go down 
+5
widukind
bmathison1972
pipsxlch
Saarlooswolfhound
Tylosaurus
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

Country/State : Dirksland, The Netherlands

Orchids & Steggies Display Update  n 27, 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Orchids & Steggies Display Update n 27, 2021   Orchids & Steggies Display Update  n 27, 2021 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 9:31 am

Hey STS friends damn it's been ages I did something here, well this morning surely started as a good one.

And a new topic from me, the things many would not see coming, but early this morning around 07:30 AM worked u had breakfast and decided to give them Steggies, Orchisdds Dragons and other animals I have had o30+ years a good clean up.

Took are of the orchids was slow progress 18 plants now, over 250 flowers and to make things more pretty gave the windows a clean as well and the window shelf.

So here the photos of all the Dino, Dragon & Animal toys all gathered on my coffee table:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here the Crystals:

And here all the orchids after their treatment, gave them fertilizer and moved all the dead flowers and damaged leaves, twas about 3 hours or work, it's a delicate process, but pays off of course :)

After all that I placed everything back but with some slight changes on what goes where, so here the result:

And from my seat's view it' looks very colorful:

Here all the Steggies, Dragons & Crystals up close:

All clean and pretty the ways things should be.

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Orchids & Steggies Display Update n 27, 2021   Orchids & Steggies Display Update  n 27, 2021 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 9:35 am

Welcome back!!! As usual I am most jealous of your orchids, I don't have luck with those.  Wonderful collection as usual, and good work cleaning!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Orchids & Steggies Display Update n 27, 2021   Orchids & Steggies Display Update  n 27, 2021 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 9:35 am

Here all the orchids as these are part of the display:

And here the other animal toys & Dino's which are on display in my bedroom

That PNSO Chunkingosaurus is one I bought via acro-man via this forum, was a while back though :)
Anyways enjoy the photo's everyone, this was a fun thread to do and well thought I'd show something from my side, might have to collect more Steggies some day, bet I missed out ona lot, the PNSO Chungkingosaurus is my latest one, no idea when that came out tho or left alone when I even bought it.

Somethings I just have forgotten over time, but then again always happy to have posted something decent here again :)
But gladly I do remember somethings and that is all I need tbh.

So rock on, enjoy the things you do and stay safe STS friends.

The same topic I posted at Dino World & Dinosaur Toy Forum, content is the same then again I felt like sharing this around, after all the work I put in to it to get things clean and maintained, it's all worth it in the end.

Rock on my STS friends stay safe and continue in doing what you all love doing most <3

Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Orchids & Steggies Display Update n 27, 2021   Orchids & Steggies Display Update  n 27, 2021 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 9:37 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Welcome back!!! As usual I am most jealous of your orchids, I don't have luck with those.  Wonderful collection as usual, and good work cleaning!
Damn xDD hahaha didn't know you were still here haha so happy to see you back < hope ya been doing well, still lock down here in NL, then these memories of these old forums came to mind that surely made some idea's come back to life. yaaas dow <3 flower

pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Orchids & Steggies Display Update n 27, 2021   Orchids & Steggies Display Update  n 27, 2021 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 9:48 am

Right up my alley! I grow orchids, and collect dinosaurs and dragons, and have a few mineral/crystal specimens (along with coprolites- my dragons aren't housebroken). As I've packed up much of my figure collection recently, your photos are inspiring and make me quite happy! I have a few of the same McFarlanes as you, and it looks like one of your phals might be a Miva Smartissimo- I lost mine to the rot this last year, and really liked that one.
Back to top Go down
Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Orchids & Steggies Display Update n 27, 2021   Orchids & Steggies Display Update  n 27, 2021 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 9:50 am

pipsxlch wrote:
Right up my alley! I grow orchids, and collect dinosaurs and dragons, and have a few mineral/crystal specimens (along with coprolites- my dragons aren't housebroken). As I've packed up much of my figure collection recently, your photos are inspiring and make me quite happy! I have a few of the same McFarlanes as you, and it looks like one of your phals might be a Miva Smartissimo- I lost mine to the rot this last year, and really liked that one.
Hmm ya lost me with the scientific names of the Orchids haha I know how to keep them healthy and alive but the names they are just orchids for me Laughing
But cool tos ee we share similar interest very nice, maybe an idea to make a topic of your collections, I am curious now :)

Flowah Powah! flower arrow Laughing

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Orchids & Steggies Display Update n 27, 2021   Orchids & Steggies Display Update  n 27, 2021 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 9:59 am

I got an orchid for a Valentine's day present in February 2019. It bloomed again in February 2020 and is blooming again now. I seem to have luck with annual blooms. Right now it gets south-facing light but I am moving to a new unit and it will get north-facing (bright, but not direct). Here is a pic from this morning:

Back to top Go down
Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Orchids & Steggies Display Update n 27, 2021   Orchids & Steggies Display Update  n 27, 2021 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 10:03 am

Hey looking great there, the trick is to give them a shower every 7 to 9 days I Bought a shower like head for my kitchen tap, and with this I can sprinkle the dust and grime from their leaves then use a soft thin cloth to get rid of the water droplets leaving behind clean shiny leaves :)

With 18 plants like I have it's a delicate process it can take 2 to 3 hours depending what I am doing at the time.

When it's summer I repeat this every 5 to 6 days.

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Orchids & Steggies Display Update n 27, 2021   Orchids & Steggies Display Update  n 27, 2021 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 10:07 am

Tylosaurus wrote:
Hey looking great there, the trick is to give them a shower every 7 to 9 days  I Bought a shower like head for my kitchen tap, and with this I can sprinkle the dust and grime from their leaves then use a soft thin cloth to get rid of the water droplets leaving behind  clean shiny leaves  :)

With 18 plants like I have it's a delicate process it can take 2 to 3 hours depending what I am doing at the time.

When it's summer I repeat this every 5 to 6 days.

Yes, they get a soak (but not shower) once a week. It gets direct sunlight from the fall until the spring. In my new unit it will be bright, but no direct light. I hope the blooming hasn't been dependent on the direct light :)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Orchids & Steggies Display Update n 27, 2021   Orchids & Steggies Display Update  n 27, 2021 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 10:59 am

Back again again Wink

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Orchids & Steggies Display Update n 27, 2021   Orchids & Steggies Display Update  n 27, 2021 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 11:21 am

widukind wrote:
Back again again Wink
yaaas gladly so tho flower

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Orchids & Steggies Display Update n 27, 2021   Orchids & Steggies Display Update  n 27, 2021 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 1:21 pm

Applause Applause Applause

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Orchids & Steggies Display Update n 27, 2021   Orchids & Steggies Display Update  n 27, 2021 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 2:10 pm

What an amazing collection- and so many beautiful orchids! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Orchids & Steggies Display Update n 27, 2021   Orchids & Steggies Display Update  n 27, 2021 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 2:24 pm

I'll have to dig up a few bloom pics- I grow my plants outside, and only have a few phals. Most of mine are in the Cattleya alliance. They like my climate. I'm a lazy grower, and get plants that fit my climate and won't be hurt by my erratic schedule.

Blaine, your phal should be happy with a northern exposure, perhaps close to the window. Sounds like you have the watering down- most people kill them by overwatering. The blooms aren't light dependant; the drop in nighttime temps in the fall triggers blooming in this genus. However, a light starved plant will be a reluctant bloomer.

I'll see what if any collection pics I have on my computer, I still have a few things out too. And I'll bump a thread I have in 'Other Collections'. Great to 'meet' someone with similar tastes!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Orchids & Steggies Display Update n 27, 2021   Orchids & Steggies Display Update  n 27, 2021 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 2:28 pm

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!! affraid
I don't know how you do it , - those orchids are the most fantastic I have ever seen Shocked cheers

And nice stegos etc too, of course Wink

pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Orchids & Steggies Display Update n 27, 2021   Orchids & Steggies Display Update  n 27, 2021 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 2:48 pm

They are beautiful, no? And beautifully cared for, much better than my own.

Here's the windowsill display I had.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url

And a couple blooms in my Postimage album.
[url=https://postimg.cc/Xr8WrhHj][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Orchids & Steggies Display Update n 27, 2021   Orchids & Steggies Display Update  n 27, 2021 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 9:00 pm

Taos wrote:
Applause Applause Applause
Hey thanks :) Patience is key when it comes to these things, well the orchids of course.

Bonnie wrote:
What an amazing collection- and so many beautiful orchids! cheers cheers
Thanks dow I love you flower

pipsxlch wrote:
I'll have to dig up a few bloom pics- I grow my plants outside, and only have a few phals. Most of mine are in the Cattleya alliance. They like my climate. I'm a lazy grower, and get plants that fit my climate and won't be hurt by my erratic schedule.

Blaine, your phal should be happy with a northern exposure, perhaps close to the window. Sounds like you have the watering down- most people kill them by overwatering. The blooms aren't light dependant; the drop in nighttime temps in the fall triggers blooming in this genus. However, a light starved plant will be a reluctant bloomer.

I'll see what if any collection pics I have on my computer, I still have a few things out too. And I'll bump a thread I have in 'Other Collections'. Great to 'meet' someone with similar tastes!
Hey no worries man tyhanks for the kind reply, Orchids are fun tho once you manage to keep them alive, but it's beena good 12 years now and you do tend to advance your ways of keeping them happy flower Laughing

SUSANNE wrote:
WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!! affraid
I don't know how you do it , - those orchids are the most fantastic I have ever seen Shocked cheers

And nice stegos etc too, of course Wink
Awee thanks tho! Yea as the Steggo's go, May have to add some new ones, it's been ages I did that to be honest, where to start, hmm xD Crocodile flower

pipsxlch wrote:
They are beautiful, no? And beautifully cared for, much better than my own.

Here's the windowsill display I had.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And a couple blooms in my Postimage album.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Hey they look nice man! lovely display up there as well, , you still have those up there?

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Orchids & Steggies Display Update n 27, 2021   Orchids & Steggies Display Update  n 27, 2021 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 11:35 pm

Very beautiful orchids! You are clearly an expert! cheers Amazing collection Very Happy
Also, welcome back!

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Orchids & Steggies Display Update n 27, 2021   Orchids & Steggies Display Update  n 27, 2021 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 11:41 pm

Ana wrote:
Very beautiful orchids! You are clearly an expert!  cheers Amazing collection Very Happy
Also, welcome back!
Yaaas thanks tho I love you always good to be back home here I love you flower

pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Orchids & Steggies Display Update n 27, 2021   Orchids & Steggies Display Update  n 27, 2021 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 7:42 am

Sadly I emptied the windowsill, I'm a bit housing insecure at the moment so I feel safer boxing up my things just in case.

Do you have the little Lanard 'stegosaurus'? I have a spare, you can have it.
Back to top Go down
Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Orchids & Steggies Display Update n 27, 2021   Orchids & Steggies Display Update  n 27, 2021 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 8:29 am

pipsxlch wrote:
Sadly I emptied the windowsill, I'm a bit housing insecure at the moment so I feel safer boxing up my things just in case.

Do you have the little Lanard 'stegosaurus'? I have a spare, you can have it.
A Lanard Stego never heard of those, enlighten me I'd say :)

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Orchids & Steggies Display Update n 27, 2021   Orchids & Steggies Display Update  n 27, 2021 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 9:58 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Orchids & Steggies Display Update n 27, 2021   Orchids & Steggies Display Update  n 27, 2021 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 6:05 pm

It's this:

I have a couple of them, so if you'd like one you can have it. I should have the money to mail it next week.
Back to top Go down
Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Orchids & Steggies Display Update n 27, 2021   Orchids & Steggies Display Update  n 27, 2021 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2021 5:36 am

pipsxlch wrote:
It's this:

I have a couple of them, so if you'd like one you can have it. I should have the money to mail it next week.
O h I see, hmm I think I'll pass I prefer more accurate models tbh sorry :)

Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Orchids & Steggies Display Update n 27, 2021   Orchids & Steggies Display Update  n 27, 2021 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2021 6:37 am

This morning I found 4 other models to clean that are this lot:

Left:
Favorite Models "Spinosaurus aegyptiacus" (2012) Scale 1:40
Dinostoreus ilophosaurus (2006) Scale 1:35

Right:
Papo "Dimetrodon limbatus" (2013) Scale?
Bullyland "Edaphosaurus pogonias" (2009) Scale 1:30

Here thetwo Synapsids neatly Cool

And here the two Theropods neatly cleaned:

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orchids & Steggies Display Update n 27, 2021   Orchids & Steggies Display Update  n 27, 2021 Empty

Back to top Go down

Orchids & Steggies Display Update n 27, 2021
Page 1 of 1