Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Unknown Maker, Help Please

Go down 
+5
Chris Sweetman
Roger
widukind
Kikimalou
NMR_Okapi
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
NMR_Okapi

Country/State : United States

Unknown Maker, Help Please - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unknown Maker, Help Please   Unknown Maker, Help Please - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 6:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Maker, Help Please   Unknown Maker, Help Please - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 9:12 pm

Babdo wrote:
Hello NMR_Okapi,
thank you very much that you show us so wonderful old vintage animals.
Can we take this animals to our ToyAnimalWiki?
I made a little work on your fotos. This fotos I would use for TAW.
Can you make a foto from the down side of an animal marked with "Eire"?
Benno.

Penguin: ? Squirrel: possibly Kew Owl: again possibly Kew but Kew didn't have a factory in Eire and possibly didn't make any figures after 1945. As Christophe has said there is a Kew connection with Timpo. Timpo bought the remaining Kew stock and sold this through their distribution network from 1946.

Information obtained from: "The Great Book of Hollow Cast Figures" Norman Joplin

Last edited by Chris Sweetman on Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:27 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added information source)
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisstar4/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Maker, Help Please   Unknown Maker, Help Please - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 4:33 am

My two cents: When a company like Timpo bought moulds or stocks of another company like Kew, the best is to show the models in the Original owner page (Kew) and tell its was lately sold by the other company (Timpo) on the figure page.

That's what we did for Pfeiffer models which were bought by Hausser Elastolin which sold them as "Tipple-Topple".
Back to top Go down
Babdo

Babdo

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Maker, Help Please   Unknown Maker, Help Please - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 8:17 am

Hello NMR_Okapi,
thank you for your pictures.
I think we could identify Timpo Toys Limited in Eire with the mark "EIRE".
I give an example on TAW like the following sign.
Benno.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Maker, Help Please   Unknown Maker, Help Please - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 8:59 am

I don't agree, EIRE isn't a mark obviously, no more than GERMANY, HK or CHINA we can find on a lot of models.
Back to top Go down
Babdo

Babdo

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Maker, Help Please   Unknown Maker, Help Please - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 9:32 am

Hello Kikimalou,
you are alright! Pardon me, my failure! Could we say Sometimes you find the Word "EIRE" at or under the animal? I think an equal example is JEAN HOEFLER. Here we find often "W.-Germany" or an other Companyname like "JAQUET" under the animal.
So this words are only a help to identify the producer of the animal.
Benno.
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Maker, Help Please   Unknown Maker, Help Please - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 9:17 pm

I have it in my memory that the fox shown was a Pixyland Kew model. I have an image of one saved in my reference file for Kew from somewhere online, so it has been sold or referenced as that. Don't have a definitive source though. Would make sense form what was said above.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Maker, Help Please   Unknown Maker, Help Please - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 10:17 pm

Tiermann wrote:
I have it in my memory that the fox shown was a Pixyland Kew model. I have an image of one saved in my reference file for Kew from somewhere online, so it has been sold or referenced as that. Don't have a definitive source though. Would make sense form what was said above.

Hi Tim

The fox is mentioned as unidentified in two books written by Norman Joplin: "The Great Book of Hollow Cast Figures" and "British Toy Figures". Unless the latest book he co-wrote has an update I wouldn't trust what an on-line seller states. I see lots of animal figures identified on auction sites as Britains but they most certainly are not and there are loads of resource material available for this company.

BTW in the "The Great Book of Hollow Cast Figures" Mr Joplin states that the fox might be by a Continental manufacturer i.e. somewhere else in Europe not UK.

Still feel the need to tread carefully with this fox.

Last edited by Chris Sweetman on Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added details)
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisstar4/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Maker, Help Please   Unknown Maker, Help Please - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2021 2:21 am

This is the whole drama. In Tisne's book, presented above, he shows us an unidentified polar bear, it is the Britains standing polar bear. in the absence of a catalog, there are sometimes doubts and enigmas.

The fox has a different modelling style, more like a German Heyde I would say, but the painting is very Kew.

Babdo wrote:
Hello Kikimalou,
you are alright! Pardon me, my failure! Could we say Sometimes you find the Word "EIRE" at or under the animal? I think an equal example is JEAN HOEFLER. Here we find often "W.-Germany" or an other Companyname like "JAQUET" under the animal.
So this words are only a help to identify the producer of the animal.
Benno.

I agree Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Babdo

Babdo

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Maker, Help Please   Unknown Maker, Help Please - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2021 6:29 am

Hello,
I have the first Issue of the book "The great book of Hollow-Cast Figures" of Norman Joplin.
The book shows the owl on the pages talking about Pixyland Kew.
The fox is shown on the sides with unidentify figures with the remark "could be a continental figure".
On the sides of Pixyland Kew there is only one fox shown as part of a foxhunting scene.
I wondering about the way to show most of the figures with black background. Is the black background useful?
I know not much about hollow-cast figures. I have only some books or information out of the internet.
Benno.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Maker, Help Please   Unknown Maker, Help Please - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Unknown Maker, Help Please
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2