Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

sunny's collection

Go down 
+22
widukind
Roger
Wilorvise
sunny
Caracal
landrover
Kikimalou
Balaenoptera
Saarlooswolfhound
75senta75
MartinH
Shanti
thebritfarmer
pipsxlch
Ana
Birdsage
jarda
Taos
SUSANNE
rogerpgvg
Bonnie
Advicot
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

sunny's collection  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 09, 2022 6:00 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 09, 2022 11:47 pm

thank you Andreas!
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 1:14 am

Your flocked animals are really cool! A beautiful little herd. Very Happy They seem so whimsical or something with the fur, all their edges and patterns are soft. Together they are cloud like almost - a dream of animals!

sunny wrote:

When I was in primary school I went to a local wildlife park and I remember spending time in the park's shop looking at all the animal toys. With my pocket money I bought some small ones and also a beautiful larger flocked sitting tiger that I still have today.
I was going to say something like this - I remember there being so many flocked animals when I visited places with animals, especially petting zoos. I had several, but . . . I can't stand the feeling of flocking, even though it looks really nice, and I no longer have any because I couldn't keep them. Laughing The adult zebra in particular reminds me of many I have seen in the past.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 6:15 pm

Jill wrote:
Your flocked animals are really cool! A beautiful little herd. Very Happy They seem so whimsical or something with the fur, all their edges and patterns are soft. Together they are cloud like almost - a dream of animals!

sunny wrote:

When I was in primary school I went to a local wildlife park and I remember spending time in the park's shop looking at all the animal toys. With my pocket money I bought some small ones and also a beautiful larger flocked sitting tiger that I still have today.
I was going to say something like this - I remember there being so many flocked animals when I visited places with animals, especially petting zoos. I had several, but . . . I can't stand the feeling of flocking, even though it looks really nice, and I no longer have any because I couldn't keep them. Laughing The adult zebra in particular reminds me of many I have seen in the past.

thank you so much Jill! that is such a lovely thing to say about them☀
and that is a shame that you don't like the feeling of flock Very Happy
the softness of their flock lends well to their semi-realistic appearance I think

I saw these absolute flock beauties for sale in the US the other day.
Postage costs as much as them sigh Shocked otherwise they would sitting on my shelf right now Very Happy Wink
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I got some little treasures from the Toy Museum that I visited the other week
the beautifully shaped metal zebra - I have no idea what make it is and have never seen this elegant style of zebra before

and some very tiny little Rio birds. I just love them! I've been wanting these blue birds for a while now but I had no idea that they were made this small
and the 2 'snakes' are actually the tails of the marmoset figures but I don't have standing up snakes in my collection - so I shall add some eyes to them and voila!

here are the tailless - marmosets

and a beautiful toucan, cockatoo and a dog with bananas on his head like a turban Very Happy crazy!
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 6:19 pm

I had a wonderful trade with Taylor! thank you kindly Very Happy
and added some beauties to my collection
plus there were more not shown here
I love the shorthorn cow and bull! new to my herd
and a herd of Unicorn!!
and the beautiful orange Kinder Fox and my favourite mama pig model and her tiny climbing piglets

and thank you so much to Roger for sending me my most favourite cows! I love this old style brown and white Britains cows with their slim bodies and slim elegant horns
the brown and white colour is really nice!
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 6:33 pm

I have been busy doing a few custom models for someone special:)

and I painted an extra figure for myself
- here is a peek of my African Hunting Dog

and my inspiration

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 8:22 pm

Very Happy  Wonderful pack of african wild dogs! very meticulous painting on so tiny models!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 10:12 pm

So many wonderful new additions, I'm not sure where to start! cheers cheers I love the dogs so much, that AAA border collie is so sweet and the dog with the bananas is so much fun! What a great model! Laughing
Those customs are also beautiful, you have captured the colouring and markings so well! Applause Applause
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 10:25 pm

Very nice additions, the metal zebra looks like it could be Cherilea and the pig with babies is Timpo

I agree with you on the Britains cows, they are lovely moulds and colours too. :)
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 10:33 pm

Fantastic repaints of the wild dogs. What model did you repaint? Lots of good additions to your collection. The Timpo sow with piglets is great and I like the Play Visions and Yowie zebra too. Good to see that the cows are happy in their new home.

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 9 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 12:21 am

Caracal wrote:
Very Happy  Wonderful pack of african wild dogs! very meticulous painting on so tiny models!! cheers cheers

thank you Alain! I never put a size reference, but yes the figure is pretty small :)

Bonnie wrote:
So many wonderful new additions, I'm not sure where to start! cheers cheers I love the dogs so much, that AAA border collie is so sweet and the dog with the bananas is so much fun! What a great model! Laughing
Those customs are also beautiful, you have captured the colouring and markings so well! Applause Applause

thank you Lilias! the bulldog with the bananas quite suits the headgear I reckon Wink someone had a vivid imagination!
and many thanks! it was fun painting them

thebritfarmer wrote:
Very nice additions, the metal zebra looks like it could be Cherilea and the pig with babies is Timpo

I agree with you on the Britains cows, they are lovely moulds and colours too. :)

Thank you very much and for the zebra suggestion. Funny because most Cherilea animals are rather lumpy and awkward. Yes I knew the mama and babies were Timpo, thank you! I'd forgotten in the moment Very Happy
Yes, and I liked those moulds of cows the most out of all their range.

rogerpgvg wrote:
Fantastic repaints of the wild dogs. What model did you repaint? Lots of good additions to your collection. The Timpo sow with piglets is great and I like the Play Visions and Yowie zebra too. Good to see that the cows are happy in their new home.

Thank you Roger! I painted a small cheap hyena model - it actually didn't look like a hyena at all to me Razz

Yes, thanks! I forgot to take a pic of the PV giraffe you sent me!

Indeed, the cows are very happy! many thanks again Very Happy

this hyena model became the hunting dogs

and again one of my Britains cows with some more figures from Taylor
small ducks, hens
and a beautiful moose

I also got a hippo from Taylor and then my mum also bought me one too, I think it cost her £1 in a charity shop but it was brand new

here they are together. At first I thought they were duplicates, (I hadn't had them side by side and couldn't remember their features exactly) but then when I put them together I noticed the differences -
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 9 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 6:42 am

Wonderful again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 9 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 9:52 am

I think these small models you painted so well as african wild dogs never were hyenas in spite of the name encountered by places!

The moose and the big hippo seem to be from Papo but with a different painting. Are they branded?

Last edited by Caracal on Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 17, 2022 1:09 am

widukind wrote:
Wonderful again

thank you Andreas!
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 17, 2022 1:49 am

Caracal wrote:
I think these small models you painted so well as african wild dogs never were hyenas in spite of the name encoutered by places!

The moose and the big hippo seem to be from Papo but with a different painting. Are they branded?

I think you are right Alain. As soon as I came across them they reminded me of hunting dogs Very Happy

this pic shows how small it is

the moose is a hollow plastic and has Made in China under it

Taylor said the hippo is a Papo copy, it's hollow as well and only has HIPPOPOTAMUS under it

the little hippo that my mum got me is hollow and has a thicker bodied plastic. It has no marks on it.

Last edited by sunny on Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 17, 2022 1:56 am

this is the other resculpt custom I did, but she won't be revealed just yet Wink

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 17, 2022 1:25 pm

I like the light colour of the hunting dogs. The moose is great, it looks exactly right for 1:32 scale. What is the shoulder height? The ducks are beautiful too!

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 18, 2022 2:35 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
I like the light colour of the hunting dogs. The moose is great, it looks exactly right for 1:32 scale. What is the shoulder height? The ducks are beautiful too!

thank you Roger! and yes the ducks are very lovely!
I will check the moose. It is bigger than a Britains moose.
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 18, 2022 4:38 am

Many nice additions, Applause Applause the little ducks are my favorites.

Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 18, 2022 7:53 pm

The painted dog customs are wonderful!! A little model like that, I would gladly collect. Very Happy I love the variation of pattern you have done.

And many other great additions, too. I also love that little metal zebra. You have such a varied and wonderful collection, it is fun to see what additions you choose. Those "snakes" are so funny. Laughing
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 9 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2022 5:36 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
. The moose is great, it looks exactly right for 1:32 scale. What is the shoulder height?

I measured to the top of the shoulder bone, and not the extra tufts of fur on the nape, and it is 7cm - 7.5 at the most

landrover wrote:
Many nice additions, Applause Applause the little ducks are my favorites.

thank you Fernando!

Jill wrote:
The painted dog customs are wonderful!! A little model like that, I would gladly collect. Very Happy I love the variation of pattern you have done.

And many other great additions, too. I also love that little metal zebra. You have such a varied and wonderful collection, it is fun to see what additions you choose. Those "snakes" are so funny. Laughing

Thank you very much Jill!
I'd be happy to make a little pack for you.

and thank you! it is very satisfying to add pieces that make me go wow! realistic and fun - I think they are all a good match:D and I've a pretty vivid imagination so those tail snakes were inevitable Wink
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 9 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2022 11:40 pm

Thank you Annette! :)
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2022 5:07 pm

Wonderful additions-the group of flocked cats are great,especially the Manx!Glad you liked all the models!

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2022 5:32 pm

sunny wrote:
rogerpgvg wrote:
. The moose is great, it looks exactly right for 1:32 scale. What is the shoulder height?

I measured to the top of the shoulder bone, and not the extra tufts of fur on the nape, and it is 7cm - 7.5 at the most

Thank you, quite close to 1:32 scale.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2022 5:21 am

the 2 African hunting dogs spot someone in the distance

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

sunny's collection
Page 9 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next