Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

sunny's collection

Go down 
+22
widukind
Roger
Wilorvise
sunny
Caracal
landrover
Kikimalou
Balaenoptera
Saarlooswolfhound
75senta75
MartinH
Shanti
thebritfarmer
pipsxlch
Ana
Birdsage
jarda
Taos
SUSANNE
rogerpgvg
Bonnie
Advicot
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

sunny's collection  - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 17 EmptySun Jan 21, 2024 11:45 am

Annette, this is certainly a poetic piece; I find it absolutely stunning. Very Happy

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 17 EmptySun Jan 21, 2024 1:58 pm

It reminds me of cubist art. I suppose Lego is the epitome of cubism Wink.

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 17 EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 1:50 am

Wonderful work on that bald eagle! Amazing how detailed you got such a small figure, and I love your choice to put him on a rock instead of the branch. Applause

Congrats also on your new figures, the bear in particular stands out. What a unique figure, he does look like a sculpture more than a figure if that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 17 EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 4:10 am

Roger wrote:
Annette, this is certainly a poetic piece; I find it absolutely stunning. Very Happy

thank you Roger, I agree with you:) and it's even more lovely in person

rogerpgvg wrote:
It reminds me of cubist art. I suppose Lego is the epitome of cubism Wink.

yes, that's right Roger!

Jill wrote:
Wonderful work on that bald eagle! Amazing how detailed you got such a small figure, and I love your choice to put him on a rock instead of the branch. Applause

Congrats also on your new figures, the bear in particular stands out. What a unique figure, he does look like a sculpture more than a figure if that makes sense.

thank you very much Jill!
and yes I think so too. It's such an unusual and beautiful figure.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 17 EmptyFri Feb 23, 2024 3:58 am

I have a new Dimetrodon! I was in a charity shop and when I saw him he reminded me of my Salvat dimetrodon a lot. I think it's the face. So I introduced him to the family -

that smile Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I don't know what brand he is?

and does he have paint stains on him? He's had a very good scrub!
I think he needs to go back in for a deep clean!!

there were some other beasties at the shop, but I wasn't wanting to pay £3 each for them haha
they are not all the size I collect at
though the wooden bear was very nice

and then at a regular cheap shop here - Poundland, they had the Schleich swaps for £1 a pack, and I knew one of the forum members was looking for a rear end to match the front end he had.
He wanted a fox.
So I saw that the back of the boxes had holes in them! How fortuitous! So I got my phone torch out and shone a light into the back of each box to see if I could see anything orangey inside. I held the box above me so that the rear body would rest over the holes, it was easier to see the colour that way.
Well it worked because out of all the 15 boxes I managed to see an orange type rear in only 1 box.

My mum came along to see what I was doing, so I told her the story and we had a very good laugh! She even helped look inside the holes too:)
The box with the fox rear had a koala head front in it. And luckily I had also picked up a box with a fox head in it. It seemed to have a darker rear in it.
I wasn't wanting a white rear, because that would mean a sheep or piggy end for the koala Wink

So after I bought them my mum and I opened them in the car and had a great laugh! I got a whole fox (whew!) and a koala with a dark rear. At first I thought the koala rear had used a different colour by mistake, as I could see the separation in the koala's rear toes. But on closer inspection I do believe it is a gorilla rear! ha ha ha!
Anyway, it does rather suit the koala.
That was a really fun time I had doing this, especially as my mum was as amused as me. And being so *canny it only cost me £2 for a beautiful fox (for the forum friend) and a cutesy koala. If I paint the rear grey then I doubt anyone will know the difference Very Happy
(*canny is a Scottish word that means you are good with your money! ie you keep more than you spend, and you spend wisely)

and the end result of only 2 boxes Wink

I got a jumble of tiny figures from another thrift shop and as I was going to the counter I saw a very beautiful little cow with a bell on a dressing table, so I put it in with my bundle - so pretty! Maybe from Switzerland? though I did meet many of these beautiful cows with big bells in Italy, France and Spain a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 17 EmptyFri Feb 23, 2024 5:13 am

Congratulations, nice additions

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 17 EmptyFri Feb 23, 2024 10:02 am

Oh, did you find a charming partner for Dimetrodon? I have no idea about the brand of that figure, is there absolutely nothing written on it?
I'm really pleased that you found the missing part of that fox for me, and it's even better to know that you and your mom had a lot of fun in the process. Those little moments are always precious. I also applaud the ingenious way you efficiently discovered the intended figure.

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 17 EmptyFri Feb 23, 2024 11:06 am

Congratulations canny Annette! Laughing 

It seems you, like me, particulary like Dimetrodons! In my case I suppose it is because they remind me some terrific old movies in which they appeared as threatening monsters when I was a child! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 17 EmptyFri Feb 23, 2024 11:02 pm

Great additions!

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 17 EmptySat Feb 24, 2024 12:43 am

widukind wrote:
Congratulations, nice additions

Thank you Andreas!

Roger wrote:
Oh, did you find a charming partner for Dimetrodon? I have no idea about the brand of that figure, is there absolutely nothing written on it?
I'm really pleased that you found the missing part of that fox for me, and it's even better to know that you and your mom had a lot of fun in the process. Those little moments are always precious. I also applaud the ingenious way you efficiently discovered the intended figure.

My salvat became the partner of my first dimetrodon - the big green one on the left in the group photo. But this new one reminded me of the Salvat in a way, with the ochre colouring so I thought they may be related.
Under the name Dimterodon is a letter 'K' but nothing else on it. Maybe there are dinosaur experts somewhere who know more?

haha, yes indeed it was lots of fun! That's what's so good about collecting these little models, lots of fun stories about how I got them:) my mum is always willing to join in the fun!

Caracal wrote:
Congratulations canny Annette! Laughing 

It seems you, like me, particulary like Dimetrodons! In my case I suppose it is because they remind me some terrific old movies in which they appeared as threatening monsters when I was a child! Very Happy

Thank you Alain:)
I think they are growing on me! I've always loved lizards my whole life so these are real life lizard size companions.
I'm not sure if I could watch those kind of movies - so scary!! but quite funny how the plant based eaters were portrayed as the threatening monsters What a Face

Taos wrote:
Great additions!

thank you Taylor!
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 17 EmptySat Feb 24, 2024 2:53 am

I bought some brand new prehistoric animals. When I saw that these were rather small and would fit into my collection, well I couldn't resist them.

A Britains white tiger (that I repainted) comes to investigate

but is quickly ushered away! This is a prehistoric gathering only

the tigress is not making any friends either

and then some neanderthals - even in those days the school projects centered around making exploding volcanoes. Mum is helping with the construction of it. It seems to be going very well.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 17 EmptySat Feb 24, 2024 9:30 am

Are these Safari Ltd and Collecta toobs or knocks off please ?
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 17 EmptySat Feb 24, 2024 9:56 am

Good range of  small scale CollectA and Safari ltd prehistoric models! cheers cheers I have none except neanderthal dad who came alone in a lot from ebay yesterday!

I see that Britains tigers are not allowed to join a so select club although they are so beautifuly dressed now! cheers cheers 

Your facial stripes are more realistic than mines! Very Happy 

.. but like me, you forgot the rear paws too on the tigress! I think it is not only a coincidence for the rear pawns are not well visible on this model at so small scale.. :)

Last edited by Caracal on Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 17 EmptySat Feb 24, 2024 5:40 pm

Lovely additions,congrats!!! cheers cheers cheers

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 17 EmptySat Feb 24, 2024 10:54 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Are these Safari Ltd and Collecta toobs or knocks off please ?

they are direct from China! cheers sunny
I got them in an unmarked plastic bag Wink
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 17 EmptySat Feb 24, 2024 11:01 pm

Caracal wrote:
Good range of  small scale CollectA and Safari ltd prehistoric models! cheers cheers I have none except neanderthal dad who came alone in a lot from ebay yesterday!

I see that Britains tigers are not allowed to join a so select club although they are so beautifuly dressed now! cheers cheers 

Your facial stripes are more realistic than mines! Very Happy 

.. but like me, you forgot the rear pawns too on the tigress! I think it is not only a coincidence for the rear pawns are not well visible on this model at so small scale.. :)

Thank you Alain! ah you have a dad there. Well, I don't collect humans - would you like this family??
I believe that I have the wife, son and the dad's brother. (That's why he wasn't helping construct the volcano for the school project)

Thank you about my tiger sunny
Yes I was looking at your tigress faces. They are beautifully done and your eyes really stand out. I was having a hard time trying to get the eye looking big enough, but you have mastered that.
Maybe my black lines were preventing this. I was looking at a real tiger's face as I did them.

Yes I didn't put much paint on the rear paws either. I wasn't doing striping that far down the leg, and I even forgot to paint on some orange at first as well. I think the other side shows more orange :/ There is not much leg left to paint.

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 17 EmptySat Feb 24, 2024 11:02 pm

Taos wrote:
Lovely additions,congrats!!! cheers cheers cheers

Thank you very much Taylor!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 17 EmptySat Feb 24, 2024 11:32 pm

I don't like it when these elderly people reject the youth just because they dress differently. Laughing
I don't know your Dimetrodon. It could be a Toy Major but in this case it should be marked with the TM logo and the year. So I have no idea. scratch

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 17 EmptySun Feb 25, 2024 7:44 am

Roger wrote:
I don't like it when these elderly people reject the youth just because they dress differently. Laughing
I don't know your Dimetrodon. It could be a Toy Major but in this case it should be marked with the TM logo and the year. So I have no idea. scratch

scratch scratch scratch scratch Isn't it a UKRD as it is written on the belly ? Palmface Laughing
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 17 EmptySun Feb 25, 2024 1:20 pm

Congrats again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 17 EmptySun Feb 25, 2024 6:06 pm

I didn't know you were into prehistoric animals. I especially like the last lot. Are they also China models? I wonder which brand made the originals. Your repainted Britains tigers are beautiful; I think the prehistoric animals are a little jealous. How do the Neanderthals compare in size with the Britains?

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 17 EmptyMon Feb 26, 2024 4:00 am

Roger wrote:

Indeed Roger!
it is UKRD - what does that stand for?

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:

scratch scratch scratch scratch Isn't it a UKRD as it is written on the belly ? Palmface Laughing

yes, I took a photo of it. Kelly knows this brand!

widukind wrote:
Congrats again

Thank you very much Andreas

rogerpgvg wrote:
I didn't know you were into prehistoric animals. I especially like the last lot. Are they also China models? I wonder which brand made the originals. Your repainted Britains tigers are beautiful; I think the prehistoric animals are a little jealous. How do the Neanderthals compare in size with the Britains?

I really love prehistoric mammals the most Roger.
Yes, I got them straight from China. I am not familiar with all the toob figures, so I don't know what the others look like. There is nothing printed under these.

Thank you very much, My white tiger is actually a browny colour striping.

I will search out a human figure from my trade pile and take a pic for you.
Back to top Go down
Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 17 EmptyMon Feb 26, 2024 6:46 pm

Congrats, it is a great prehistoric group cheers Applause I have many of them from major brands.

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 17 EmptyMon Feb 26, 2024 10:11 pm

Congrats on your finds, all those prehistoric figures are very cool! I don't know my extinct species well but there are some impressive looking ones in there. This one though. Surely those proportions are not correct? Laughing I hate to laugh at him and his very short body, he is very charming for all that.

sunny wrote:

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 17 EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 1:58 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:

Embarassed I don't even remember seeing the photo and it is quite clear. Sure it is a U.K.R.D. I'm part of the elderly people so these things ahppen. Wink

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

sunny's collection
Page 17 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next