Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Breyers 2021

Go down 
+6
SUSANNE
Farm collector
costicuba
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
Shanti
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

New Breyers 2021 Empty
PostSubject: New Breyers 2021   New Breyers 2021 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 6:38 pm

Yesterday was a happy day! I've got two beautiful Breyers delivered! I am thrilled!!
The drafter Theo is a chunk!! And the new bay classic Morgan looks like a pony at his side... Laughing Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

New Breyers 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Breyers 2021   New Breyers 2021 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 6:39 pm

Oh wow, congrats! I'm in love with that draft horse. drunken

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Shanti

Shanti

New Breyers 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Breyers 2021   New Breyers 2021 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 6:46 pm

Thank you! I am very happy!! Actually I didn't want any large models but who could resist... Laughing Cool drunken
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

New Breyers 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Breyers 2021   New Breyers 2021 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 8:59 pm

OH, Breyer made a hippo! Shocked bounce Laughing
Kidding, I think it is the heaviest looking draft horse figure I've ever seen. What an impressive Ardennais! Really, poor Morgan, affraid
They are both very beautiful and your pictures are a joy to watch.
It is good to see Breyer having some enthusiasm again. Very Happy

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

New Breyers 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Breyers 2021   New Breyers 2021 EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 4:45 am

cheers Congratulations Shanti Very Happy
You got exactly the two models , which I also like and think to get. Especially the drafter .
It looks really nice :)

Country/State : Norway

New Breyers 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Breyers 2021   New Breyers 2021 EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 1:30 pm

Wow, rely a stunning draft horse drunken He actually reminds me of the 1:18 draft horse made by Brigitte Eberl on the WIA site at Modellpferde versand scratch study

Shanti

New Breyers 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Breyers 2021   New Breyers 2021 EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 1:40 pm

Theo was sculpted by Brigitte Eberl as was the WIA Drafter. The WIA drafter is a miniature version of the Resin Edition "Gustav" long sold out. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Theo and Gustav are looking very similar in a way but are different models. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Farm collector

Country/State : Norway

New Breyers 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Breyers 2021   New Breyers 2021 EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 1:45 pm

Shanti wrote:
Theo was sculpted by Brigitte Eberl as was the WIA Drafter. The WIA drafter is a miniature version of the Resin Edition "Gustav" long sold out. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Theo and Gustav are looking very similar in a way but are different models. Very Happy

Very Happy cheers cheers

Shanti

New Breyers 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Breyers 2021   New Breyers 2021 EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 1:49 pm

Very Happy Wink flower flower
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

New Breyers 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Breyers 2021   New Breyers 2021 EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 1:59 pm

Two gorgeous horse models drunken

The picture of the two together is priceless, - both are SO beautyful, even if they are so different Applause Applause Applause

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

New Breyers 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Breyers 2021   New Breyers 2021 EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 3:49 pm

Stunning horses- Breyer amaze me so much, because year after year they always bring out horses of such high quality! cheers cheers
What a wonderful pair! drunken
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

New Breyers 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Breyers 2021   New Breyers 2021 EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 5:48 pm

Absolutely wonderful heavy horse!! cheers cheers cheers

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

New Breyers 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Breyers 2021   New Breyers 2021 EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 9:09 pm

Shanti wrote:

I haven't mentioned in my post but when I saw your pictures I thought immediately about the similarities of the model with the WIA Gustav, so it is interesting to read your posts. They are sculpted by the same artist so I think it explains why they look somewhat similar. Thanks for all information.

George

Country/State : England

New Breyers 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Breyers 2021   New Breyers 2021 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 1:53 pm

I really like the sculpt for Theo, but I'm not so sure about his paintwork, it looks to have a very metallic sheen in some photographs and not others. Yours looks fine, but others seem so pearly I'd be put off wanting him. I can't tell whether this is because some people's pictures pick up on it, and others don't, or whether the models themselves vary a lot - Breyer can have a lot of difference between one batch and another.

The little morgan is adorable, though, I love the alert expression and gently windblown tail

Shanti

Shanti

New Breyers 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Breyers 2021   New Breyers 2021 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 2:24 pm

Theo has this metallic sheen a bit pearly. If I would collect OF I wouldn't have bought him. But since I'd like to repaint him some day for me this is ok. I really don't understand Breyer with all this pearly and metallic sheen...

The Morgan is a very nice mold! :)
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

New Breyers 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Breyers 2021   New Breyers 2021 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 2:41 pm

Ahh, yes, he's very tempting for repainting, I don't do scary big ones (SM to CollectA is my comfort zone) but I could see him as a dark dappled bay, or a liver chestnut roan! I'm new to the forum so I'm not sure what's where yet but I hope you'll show us once you've given him his new coat Smile

It's quite funny, I review Breyer releases on my blog every time there's a new batch or regular runs, and it's got to the point where some of them just get a deadpan 'metallic' or 'pearly' from me and all my friends know I'm sick of describing in detail why I hate that in most paintjobs and how sometimes it's just wrong (I mean, pearl hooves! Hooves! At least stop at the bits which can't possibly be metallic, hahah)

Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

New Breyers 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Breyers 2021   New Breyers 2021 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 2:25 am

I love Theo! There was a period of time in the mid 2000's where I just wasn't crazy about most of the new models, but this newest wave in the past few years, gosh! He's so handsome, I can't wait to see him in person someday, congrats!

(I confess, I like the pearly/metallic sheen on quite a few models, but it definitely isn't terribly realistic.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Breyers 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Breyers 2021   New Breyers 2021 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Breyers 2021
Page 1 of 1